Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup semi finals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Thought it was a very harsh decision for the penalty & no way was it a red card offence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    You can see from the reactions here that (most) Shels fans think it was a pen. (Most) Pats fans disagree. Others are mixed too.

A shels fan on their forum even said it should've even been a free out as Dawson ran into Rogers

Absolutely no doubt it changed the game, but thats football for you.
    To be fair Dodge, there was some debate on here about Shels red card on Friday night as well.Shels appeared (I didn't see last nights game) to deal better with red card on friday than Pats did last night although I think they were helped on Friday by Pats not finishing it off when they had a great oppurtunity (11 V 10 and a goal lead). Do believe red card last night was harsh - surely pen was "punishment" enough ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d rovers View Post
    Thought it was a very harsh decision for the penalty & no way was it a red card offence.
    In a situation like that for me it has to be both or neither. If the referee deems it a foul, then I think Rogers has to go because the defender ain't getting there to clear.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    To be fair Dodge, there was some debate on here about Shels red card on Friday night as well.Shels appeared (I didn't see last nights game) to deal better with red card on friday than Pats did last night although I think they were helped on Friday by Pats not finishing it off when they had a great oppurtunity (11 V 10 and a goal lead). Do believe red card last night was harsh - surely pen was "punishment" enough ?
    I honestly think both red cards were harsh (even though I was delighted when the keeper was sent off last night!). But there can be no doubt about the pen in my mind.
    The big difference between the two teams was how they adjusted to playing with 11 men against 10 - Shels moved the ball around and stretched Pats, Pats on Friday seemed to go long ball very quickly. As for the earlier comment that Pats were outplaying Shels until the sending off that is utter nonsense, the game was very even (only one chance for each team) with Shels just shading it as their midfield was on top. I thought, after Friday, that Pats couldnt play as bad again...but I was wrong. Was talking to a couple of Pats lads before the game and they were decidedly pessimistic about the game, I now know why!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Pats players don't deserve a cup final after their behaviour earlier in the year.

The Shels players, equally don't deserve a cup final after their behaviour either.

Lets just give the cup to Sligo

6. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Pats players don't deserve a cup final after their behaviour earlier in the year.

The Shels players, equally don't deserve a cup final after their behaviour either.

Lets just give the cup to Sligo
    Yep, the unproven internet driven stories....that's enough to condemn a team for....not a fan of Shels are we EP ) Its ok though, when you've been in the League of Ireland more than 2 years we'll grow on you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    I don't think it was a penalty. If its a penalty, its a red card (I think the ball should've be called back as the throw was taken 5 yards form where it went out too...).

And the difference between Friday's red card (which i though was wrong too), was that last night's also gave them a goal (though the penalty). So that incident changed the game from 1-0 Pats (11 v 11) to 1-1 (Shels with a man advantage and pats with sub keeper in (who's useless).

I'm not saying Shels couldn't have won anyway, but I don't think anyone could argue that the ref's decision didn't change the game.

I've yet to see a game where a ref hasn't made a mistake. Some bigger than others. While I might give my opinion on incidents, I don't get worried about it as sometimes we get on the right side of these decisions. Even though I'm obviously gutted to be knocked out again, whats done is done
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S.E.P.1990 View Post
    Yep, the unproven internet driven stories....that's enough to condemn a team for....not a fan of Shels are we EP ) Its ok though, when you've been in the League of Ireland more than 2 years we'll grow on you
    are you telling me that you don't think theres a strong possiblity the game was thrown? that Philly Hughes penalty looks very dodgy to me and I'd question your keepers positioning for at least 2 of the goals. not to mention the lack of effort throughout your team

don't worry though, you can bet against Shels next Saturday, they won't need to throw that game to lose

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    are you telling me that you don't think theres a strong possiblity the game was thrown? that Philly Hughes penalty looks very dodgy to me and I'd question your keepers positioning for at least 2 of the goals. not to mention the lack of effort throughout your team

don't worry though, you can bet against Shels next Saturday, they won't need to throw that game to lose
    If you watched Delany as much as I do you would know he has an awful habit of going walkabout in his box. Also Hughes has missed 3 pens (Sheriff, Crettyard and Waterford) this season, are they all as a result of betting scams?? There is no doubt in my mind that the game was not thrown, however they did play absolutely awful and deserved to lose. Again, this is Shels who like to do the unlikeliest things. But carry on with your internet theories. BTW Lee Harvey Oswald may not have shot JFK (just to give you the heads up on that one)...
    Last edited by S.E.P.1990; 18/10/2011 at 2:38 PM.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Bring it on, we'll be flying after the cup heroics do don't get your hopes up. I'm over for it so all that's left to say is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    If you watched Delany as much as I do you would know he has an awful habit of going walkabout in his box. Also Hughes has missed 3 pens this season, are they all as a result of betting scams?? There is no doubt in my mind that the game was not thrown, however they did play absolutely awful and deserved to lose. Again, this is Shels who like to do the unlikeliest things. But carry on with your internet theories. BTW Lee Harvey Oswald may not have shot JFK (just to give you the heads up on that one)...
    i dont think the penalty Hughes missed against Waterford was intentional, would be pretty impressive if it was. not sure who the other one was against

but scooping the ball over the bar like he did, for someone with his record...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    What's the estimate for Shels fans at final?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Somewhere between 2,000-3,000 I would imagine

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    but scooping the ball over the bar like he did, for someone with his record...
    Is the joys of being a footballer......

i dont think the penalty Hughes missed against Waterford was intentional, would be pretty impressive if it was.
    What would be more impressive if Shels managed to tell the Sheriff player to hit a cracking shot from 40 yards into the top corner.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano Mac View Post
    Somewhere between 2,000-3,000 I would imagine
    Hard to tell, would be hoping for around 4,000 - 5,000 I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Is the joys of being a footballer......

What would be more impressive if Shels managed to tell the Sheriff player to hit a cracking shot from 40 yards into the top corner.
    you don't think it would be possible for Shels to concede another goal in the time allowed?

do me a favour, watch the highlights again, but this time, take the blinkers off

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    you don't think it would be possible for Shels to concede another goal in the time allowed?

do me a favour, watch the highlights again, but this time, take the blinkers off
    Who knows? Can't predict the future of a game. But do me a favour and provide the proof instead of talking out of the side of your mouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    you are about the only Shels fan I've seen who isn't at least a little suspicious. maybe it is just a coincidence that people were discussing half time shels, full time sheriff on the day of the game and before as if it were fixed and then lo and behold thats what happens

maybe Philly really did just miss hit the penalty that badly, maybe Dean Delaney is that bad of a keeper that hed be that far off his line with the opposition in possession so far up the field, and maybe hes so bad that he was badly positioned for the free and maybe the flapping was not intentional.

Maybe your midfield and defence went completely to sleep in the second half.

I dunno, if it were my team I'd want an investigation and anyone involved kicked out of my club

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    you are about the only Shels fan I've seen who isn't at least a little suspicious. maybe it is just a coincidence that people were discussing half time shels, full time sheriff on the day of the game and before as if it were fixed and then lo and behold thats what happens

maybe Philly really did just miss hit the penalty that badly, maybe Dean Delaney is that bad of a keeper that hed be that far off his line with the opposition in possession so far up the field, and maybe hes so bad that he was badly positioned for the free and maybe the flapping was not intentional.

Maybe your midfield and defence went completely to sleep in the second half.

I dunno, if it were my team I'd want an investigation and anyone involved kicked out of my club
    But your starting remark was that shels didn't deserve to win the cup because of what they had done. There was no preamble about investigations or suspicions, you were stating fact despite there being no evidence. Then you take instances in a game which I have attempted to explain from the point of view of someone who watches shels every week.

So people discussed a possible being scenario about a game...what a shock....

BTW if it was found that anything untoward happened then I agree with you but I find it hard to believe that no one has been found out yet if it was so obvious. I also hope that the club has looked into this already and found no evidence of wrongdoing.

Let me give you a scenario: team three nil up, team get one back then keeper lets harmless shot go in. Then its three all and the star striker misses twice from five yards, he then misses a crucial penalty. They lose, hundreds of people put on bets which made them money. Fix? Champions league final 2005?
    Last edited by S.E.P.1990; 18/10/2011 at 4:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    But your starting remark was that shels didn't deserve to win the cup because of what they had done. There was no preamble about investigations or suspicions, you were stating fact
    his opinion on who deserved what isn't stating FACT. There's no factual definition of 'deserving' anything

What do you care what he thinks anyway, enjoy your cup final...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast