Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bus Eireann sponsor Women's National League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Catherines and others losing players because word coming from Intl squads is that if you want to even have a chance to play at that level, you need to be playing Natl Lge...and if you are not...then get to a club that is.

Eligibility: it is my understanding that there are no rules for this league. jw_tfc, you are involved in the league. Are there rules available to read in relation to eligibility? I was lead to believe that it is open season and anyone can sign for anyone? Stephanie Roche was playing fr Bray/Joeys in Summer, then played for Peamount in CL, then went back to Bray/Joeys...who collapsed....and then went back to Peamount?
    Is there not a UEFA limit of 2 clubs you can play for or two transfers in any season and you cannot move back to the same club twice.....can someone correct me on this if I'm wrong...thanks. In DWSL if team breaks up, all the players become the "property" of the league and cannot move anywhere without the agreement of the league?

Anyway what do the rules of the Natl lge say on transfers and signings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    http://wexfordwomenssoccer.blogspot.com/

Wexford Youths Womens AFC Prepare for National League
    The newly formed Wexford Youth Womens AFC will open their Bus Eireann National League campign with a home match in Ferrycarrig Park against Castlebar Celtic on Sunday November 13th. This new club is an extension of the Wexford Womens and Schoolgirls League and will be playing under the banner of Wexford Youths Womens AFC and will give the elite players within the league an opportunity to play at the highest level in the country. Several well known people from within the game in the county are involved with John Flood been given the responsibility of the day to day management of the team with John Michael Porter taking on the role of Director of Football. Well known coach Jack Stafford has been appointed as head coach and is ably assisted by Will Doyle, Tom Elmes as well as student coach Dylan Mernagh while John Floods management team consistes of Lizzie Kent, Billy Donnelly and Bobby Murphy. Nigel Fitzharris is team physio who also brings a wealth of League of Ireland experience with him. Other people who have assisted by scouting players are Brendan Kehoe, Barry O Neill, John Webster, Martin O Connor, Freddie Robinson and Peter Jacob. All these people are backed by a strong administrative team that include Daire Doyle (Chairman) Ashling Kavanagh (Finance) Peter Doyle (Media and Commercial) Deirdre O Connor (Marketing) and Emma English Byrne (Administrator). The remainder of the Wexford Womens League committee are also on board in other various roles such as youth development, child protection and promotion so it is a busy time ahead for all individulals involved. Barry Dempsey and Aine Murphy are heavily involved in the League Training Centre which is the first step for players who have ambitions of playing National League and International. Martin Cahill, Tom Dunne and Jenny McLoughlin are all involved at ground level and will be available to carry out various duties while Elayne Grant is Child Protection Officer. The time that have been voluntarily put into this project to date by these people is exceptional and the club would not be where it is now but for the efforts of all committee, managers, coaches and volunteers alike and for that they must be thanked. This is the first year of the National Womens League in the country and the decision was taken by the league to apply for a place to give the elite players within the league and surrounding areas an opportunity to play at the highest level available and to increase the players chances of being selected for International duty. Twenty six clubs originally applied for a licence to participate and after a long process, this was eventually broken down to seven who passed the criteria and a week before the launch, one of those clubs decided to withdraw. Last Thursday saw the official launch of the league in the Aviva Stadium with the announcement of the fixtures for the coming season with Wexford delighted to be at home in the first match against Castlebar. This will be followed by an away match to Peamount United who will still be on a high from their exploits in the Champions League where they reached the last thirty two. A week later Wexford will travel to Tallaght to take on Shamrock Rovers, a club who are taking this league very seriously and the following week will see Wexford host Raheny United in Ferrycarrig before rounding off the first round of fixtures away to Cork Womens League. The teams will play each other three times, giving a total of fifteen games, with the league ending in May 2012 and the winners qualifying for next years Womens Champions League. As the biggest Schoolgirls league in the country and second biggest Womens league, it is hoped that this new venture will be supported in numbers as several players on the squad have progressed through the league at some stage in their careers to date. We will give a full run down of the players on the squad next week as well as details of the upcoming opening fixture.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Catherines and others losing players because word coming from Intl squads is that if you want to even have a chance to play at that level, you need to be playing Natl Lge...and if you are not...then get to a club that is.

Eligibility: it is my understanding that there are no rules for this league. jw_tfc, you are involved in the league. Are there rules available to read in relation to eligibility? I was lead to believe that it is open season and anyone can sign for anyone? Stephanie Roche was playing fr Bray/Joeys in Summer, then played for Peamount in CL, then went back to Bray/Joeys...who collapsed....and then went back to Peamount?
    Is there not a UEFA limit of 2 clubs you can play for or two transfers in any season and you cannot move back to the same club twice.....can someone correct me on this if I'm wrong...thanks. In DWSL if team breaks up, all the players become the "property" of the league and cannot move anywhere without the agreement of the league?

May well be pressure from representative squads

There is no specific rules for any league
    There are 2 season each winter (ends June 30th) and Summer (ends Nov 30th). Women's football has been for the most part summer. If you wish to move from summer football to play with another team in winter football you can either transfer before end of sept transfer window or wait till season ends in the end of Nov and sign as a free agent.
    Did Steph Roche sign back for Joey's? I know one cork player signed back to wilton and didn't play PSG' games for Peamount.

Its in the FAI rules and occurs regularly with LOI clubs and releasing players to junior clubs playing winter leagues

http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/ad...406T125330.pdf

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post

To my absolute full knowledge, there is no restrictions on the transfer & signing of players from any team... Teams are able to sign as many players as they like, from who and where they like... International clearance is obviously required for players who's last club was outside of the Rep of Ireland.
    Transfer Window closes 4th Nov and re-opens 1st Feb and then closes the end of Feb.
    No "Free Transfers" allowed, players only able to sign during the open windows.

I wouldnt imagine that Bray/St Josephs Signed any players...
    The league needs to start somewhere with no restrcitions, if a girl wants to play in the League, local leagues shouldnt have red tape in the way to stop her.
    I would imagine next season, transfer forms would be required if the Nat League is to start in August.. Only my guess..
    The FAI Forms supersedes any "Local League" from what we understand.

It makes sense that the best players play in the League and players for the Senior Int Squad are selected from here.
    I dont think Trap would pick players from the LSL, UCFL, etc?
    Last edited by jw_tfc; 24/10/2011 at 1:14 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool national league

Thanks pedro for your comments at least there is still a few left in the game that understands why questions are being asked.I find jw-tfc comments a bit distasteful .Dont actually think trap is involved in the womens game and a few people should be keeping there feet on the ground concerning the national leag.It is wrong to force players especially underage players to sign for national sides if they want to be considered for an international team.Explain how in a 6 team league if each squad signs even just 20 players how players will progress if most dont actually get any game time .Remember you always play your best 11 and that will be in every game.Wilton and Lifford fc are two of the most committed womens clubs in the country and should have been supported to be involved and not just cast aside.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Drawing a comparison... Nothing distasteful.. I specifically said the Senior International Team..
    The best players play in the top leagues all over the world..
    Did you ask the Clubs (Lifford & Wilton) why they were cast aside?
    You do realise the cost to the Clubs to play in this League is in the region of €18k-€25k.... Its a lot of money for committed womens clubs to put into a campaign.
    Looking back at LmkSenr comment, my Club at Terenure, we would be committed, we would have the financial resources in the short term but we dont have the infrastructure, expertise etc to enter a Nat League side.. we could enter for one season and fold the club as everything would be drained. My thinking is the Clubs who didnt enter did not want this risk.
    I develop players (Boys, Girls, Men & Women), if the opportunity comes for any player in the Club to make a move to a National League Club, abroad, intermediate LSL, we dont stand in their way nor do we crib or moan about it.. Developing players with the hope of some of them one day making it at the highest level possible..
    The Dutch League started with 8 Clubs in their league, in the first two seasons, the club that won the league ending up folding due to finances.
    Its obviously in the opinion of the FAI through the application process that the 6 Clubs who are going to compete are the most sustainable.. They (FAI) have said they want to expand the League, maybe just maybe the the Clubs you mentioned are going to enter in Season 2 or 3 when they have all the resources and finances in place.
    Over the years the past few years, look how many League of Ireland Clubs folded...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jw_tfc View Post
    To my absolute full knowledge, there is no restrictions on the transfer & signing of players from any team... Teams are able to sign as many players as they like, from who and where they like... International clearance is obviously required for players who's last club was outside of the Rep of Ireland.
    Transfer Window closes 4th Nov and re-opens 1st Feb and then closes the end of Feb.
    No "Free Transfers" allowed, players only able to sign during the open windows.

I wouldnt imagine that Bray/St Josephs Signed any players...
    The league needs to start somewhere with no restrcitions, if a girl wants to play in the League, local leagues shouldnt have red tape in the way to stop her.
    I would imagine next season, transfer forms would be required if the Nat League is to start in August.. Only my guess..

It makes sense that the best players play in the League and players for the Senior Int Squad are selected from here.
    I dont think Trap would pick players from the LSL, UCFL, etc?
    Are you seriously involved with a club in the National League? Can't be in any position of authority with statements like this

there is no restrictions on the transfer & signing of players from any team... Teams are able to sign as many players as they like, from who and where they like.

Have a read of the FAI rules they cant be changed till the next AGM and every team under the jurisdiction of the FAI are bound by them

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Drawing a comparison... Nothing distasteful.. I specifically said the Senior International Team..
    The best players play in the top leagues all over the world..
    Did you ask the Clubs (Lifford & Wilton) why they were cast aside?
    You do realise the cost to the Clubs to play in this League is in the region of €18k-€25k.... Its a lot of money for committed womens clubs to put into a campaign.
    Looking back at LmkSenr comment, my Club at Terenure, we would be committed, we would have the financial resources in the short term but we dont have the infrastructure, expertise etc to enter a Nat League side.. we could enter for one season and fold the club as everything would be drained. My thinking is the Clubs who didnt enter did not want this risk.
    I develop players (Boys, Girls, Men & Women), if the opportunity comes for any player in the Club to make a move to a National League Club, abroad, intermediate LSL, we dont stand in their way nor do we crib or moan about it.. Developing players with the hope of some of them one day making it at the highest level possible..
    The Dutch League started with 8 Clubs in their league, in the first two seasons, the club that won the league ending up folding due to finances.
    Its obviously in the opinion of the FAI through the application process that the 6 Clubs who are going to compete are the most sustainable.. They (FAI) have said they want to expand the League, maybe just maybe the the Clubs you mentioned are going to enter in Season 2 or 3 when they have all the resources and finances in place.
    Over the years the past few years, look how many League of Ireland Clubs folded...
    The teams not accepted were told they didn't meet the criteria - yet others that didn't either were accepted instead. Last time I looked the LOI hadn't exactly been a roaring success IMO due in the main to the clubs' lack of interest in underage development over the last 3 decades. The DDSL U15/16 Premier is one of the highest standard leagues of schoolboy football in Europe, the top DDSL division apparently exports one of the highest percentages of players to professional clubs, but the LOI clubs have chosen to ignore this until recently and are playing catch up to the DDSL clubs.
    The message the FAI have sent by admitting the likes of Rovers in is that it doesn't matter what you've done in the Women's game once you've the use of a stadium.
    At Terenure you'd encourage you're players to go t higher clubs? So if a club in the league above tried to take you're entire squad you'd let them leave with you're blessing?

€18k-€25k to run a team in the Nat Lge? very broad figure considering the budget submissions that were required to enter
    How much do you think a club spends on running a senior women's team for league cup and gets to latter stages of WFAI? Then throw in several underage teams who again get to latter stages of national comps?

You seem to have misunderstood the sentiment of what has been said by a few on here
    again its not about wanting this Nat Lge to fail its about wanting it done right

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LmkSnr View Post
    Thanks pedro for your comments at least there is still a few left in the game that understands why questions are being asked.I find jw-tfc comments a bit distasteful .Dont actually think trap is involved in the womens game and a few people should be keeping there feet on the ground concerning the national leag.It is wrong to force players especially underage players to sign for national sides if they want to be considered for an international team.Explain how in a 6 team league if each squad signs even just 20 players how players will progress if most dont actually get any game time .Remember you always play your best 11 and that will be in every game.Wilton and Lifford fc are two of the most committed womens clubs in the country and should have been supported to be involved and not just cast aside.
    Agreed - maybe when the success is not forthcoming we'll see how committed these new women's clubs are

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Pedro m I've sent you a PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've chosen not to post on this site for ages but can't stay silent anymore. Pedro m and LmKSnr where are you getting your information. The Cork Women's FC is not a league team I'm 100% sure of this nor is it a Cork City FC team it is a club and even tho it is totally seperate issue, the Cork League have always entered the national cup reaching the semi final on 4 or 5 occasions i think since 2004. This year and last year they were knocked out by the eventual winners 1 - 0 and 3 - 1 respectively both games away, and last year knocked Wilton out, despite Wilton getting the game called off at least three times so that they would have a 16 year old available to play incidentally if i'm correct then that was wilton's second or maybe third year in a row not getting past the first round.<br>&nbsp;I think only five Wilton players were signed by Cork.<br>&nbsp;And if jw_tfc is not correct as you claim then all the clubs are in a lot of trouble regards signing players.<br>Also on jw_tfc's point regarding international football if Emma Byrne decided to go and play for a team in the third tier of the Cork league then how well prepared would she be for international football. The players who want to play international football should be challenging themselves week in week out. It makes sense that the international manager's will pick players primarily in the top league..<br>&nbsp;Even if the 6 clubs only use the same 11 players every game, we have 66 domestic players playing at a higher level every week not to mind the other girls who will get quality training and lets be honest far more than 66 will play before Christmas not to mind over the course of their season. And as the league expands that number will expand too.<br>&nbsp;I also agree finances must be a major consideration. Jw_tfc gave a figure and I trust that it's a good ball park figure. To say that clubs are spending heavily anyway in reaching the national cup latter stages is fine but what you must remember Pedro m is that the cost you are referring to in National cup and local league would have to have another €20k or so added to them toparticipate in the WNL.<br>&nbsp;And while i'm no expert I would also assume the forms of the FAI supersede local forms otherwise what would the point of appealing anything to the FAI be? What rule in the FAI book are you referring to? jw_tfc didn't say he'd encourage his players to all go to the league above.<br>&nbsp;As far as i know the November 30th Rule for summer soccer season is a wfai rule not an fai rule, but I could be wrong.<br>&nbsp;I do think it'd be great for the likes of Limerick and Galway to have a club in the league and other areas too and hopefully they will if the league expands.<br>&nbsp;In my opinion and again I could be wrong but it does seem like some people are being very negative about the league. I hope everyone will support it when it kicks off because it could be great for the players involved and players who will be involved down the line and inspire more girls to play which will benefit everyone. good luck jw_tfc with whatever club you are involved in.
    Last edited by munsterman; 26/10/2011 at 8:19 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool national leag

If cork womens team is not actually a league team and not a cork city team is it a college team.Also how was it put together if not from the league teams .Were clubs informed of the new set up when they were senting there players for trials.ie. that it was a new club and that the players were not allowed return to there clubs as it always had been.Can sense you have no love for wilton 'munsterman.But can tell you without checking they did get past the first round most years in the senior cup were a tough draw to get and it took a good team to beat them.Wilton were beaten finalists last year but it probably was the occasion that caught them and being at home put more pressure on. 5 PLAYERS is a lot to be taken from one team if they are all internationals. WELL DONE.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cork is a club. Just like Peamount etc are. The National league is for Clubs league team can not enter as they do in the senior cup. All the local clubs were informed of the things you mentioned as far as I am aware but also the players when they went on trial were definitely informed, hopefully that answers that part of your post? No players were asked to leave their local clubs. Players chose to go on trial with the club and some were then offered registration.
    I have nothing against Wilton, that's a bit harsh. I was there supporting them in the national cup final like loads more who were involved in other clubs but were shouting for Wilton. and I have gone to a few of their games over the years when I've had time. They had a very good season. I was just pointing out that some people were questioning the Cork leagues record in the senior cup and that prior to this year Wilton hadn't got past the first round for two or three years. That last part might not be fully correct but they definitely didn't win a match in the 2010 or 2009 cup. Perhaps they got a bye or something in 09 I'm only pointing this out because the senior cup was brought up it's nothing against Wilton and i did not say they don't get past the first round most years, you are exaggerating my comment. Also five players chose to sign with the Cork club from Wilton, that was the players choice just like two chose to sign for Peamount earlier in the year. We do agree on something however which is that unfortunately maybe the occasion did get to Wilton. My point wasn't to knock any club or person, just pointing out things that weren't correct the main thing is was trying to say in my last post, I hope everyone will support it when it kicks off because it could be great and the girls in it deserve a lot of support for getting to that level

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfir...d=1700570.html The Cork "club" is officially listed on the UEFA Site as Cork Women's LEAGUE.......maybe the name has changed?

Either way, everyone knows that the Cork League is the real engine behind the Cork team.

Wexford team is also a League Team.

Actual Clubs are:

Raheny United
    Peamount United
    Castlebar Celtic
    Shamrock Rovers

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did You read the second paragraph under the picture where it pays Cork Women's Fc? They've obviously made a mistake is the team can't have two names. I'm not commenting on Wexford i don't know anyone in Wexford so dunno What their situation is. If the cork league were the engine behind cork Women's Fc would the squad be exclusively players who play in the cork league?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterman View Post
    I've chosen not to post on this site for ages but can't stay silent anymore. Pedro m and LmKSnr where are you getting your information. The Cork Women's FC is not a league team I'm 100% sure of this nor is it a Cork City FC team it is a club and even tho it is totally seperate issue, the Cork League have always entered the national cup reaching the semi final on 4 or 5 occasions i think since 2004. This year and last year they were knocked out by the eventual winners 1 - 0 and 3 - 1 respectively both games away, and last year knocked Wilton out, despite Wilton getting the game called off at least three times so that they would have a 16 year old available to play incidentally if i'm correct then that was wilton's second or maybe third year in a row not getting past the first round.<br>*I think only five Wilton players were signed by Cork.<br>*And if jw_tfc is not correct as you claim then all the clubs are in a lot of trouble regards signing players.<br>Also on jw_tfc's point regarding international football if Emma Byrne decided to go and play for a team in the third tier of the Cork league then how well prepared would she be for international football. The players who want to play international football should be challenging themselves week in week out. It makes sense that the international manager's will pick players primarily in the top league..<br>*Even if the 6 clubs only use the same 11 players every game, we have 66 domestic players playing at a higher level every week not to mind the other girls who will get quality training and lets be honest far more than 66 will play before Christmas not to mind over the course of their season. And as the league expands that number will expand too.<br>*I also agree finances must be a major consideration. Jw_tfc gave a figure and I trust that it's a good ball park figure. To say that clubs are spending heavily anyway in reaching the national cup latter stages is fine but what you must remember Pedro m is that the cost you are referring to in National cup and local league would have to have another €20k or so added to them toparticipate in the WNL.<br>*And while i'm no expert I would also assume the forms of the FAI supersede local forms otherwise what would the point of appealing anything to the FAI be? What rule in the FAI book are you referring to? jw_tfc didn't say he'd encourage his players to all go to the league above.<br>*As far as i know the November 30th Rule for summer soccer season is a wfai rule not an fai rule, but I could be wrong.<br>*I do think it'd be great for the likes of Limerick and Galway to have a club in the league and other areas too and hopefully they will if the league expands.<br>*In my opinion and again I could be wrong but it does seem like some people are being very negative about the league. I hope everyone will support it when it kicks off because it could be great for the players involved and players who will be involved down the line and inspire more girls to play which will benefit everyone. good luck jw_tfc with whatever club you are involved in.

Rules 30 -34 in particular 32 & 34

http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/ad...406T125330.pdf

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Pedro m I've sent you a PM.
    and replied to

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool national league

Its seriously hard to take in that if the Cork women fc team for the national league have no link what so ever to the cork womens league or cork city how on earth did they get a licence.Must have no underage no ground .I know they have a few players from other leagues but that wont work going forward.Its hard to know if all the league teams involved really had a good look at whats on offer.Cork or any other league team that is changed to a club team has to offer something both ways or else it wont work.Standard in the leagues must get better not just drained for a year or so until someone figures out there is a problem.
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 27/10/2011 at 3:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterman View Post
    I've chosen not to post on this site for ages but can't stay silent anymore. Pedro m and LmKSnr where are you getting your information. The Cork Women's FC is not a league team I'm 100% sure of this nor is it a Cork City FC team it is a club and even tho it is totally seperate issue, the Cork League have always entered the national cup reaching the semi final on 4 or 5 occasions i think since 2004. This year and last year they were knocked out by the eventual winners 1 - 0 and 3 - 1 respectively both games away, and last year knocked Wilton out, despite Wilton getting the game called off at least three times so that they would have a 16 year old available to play incidentally if i'm correct then that was wilton's second or maybe third year in a row not getting past the first round.<br>*I think only five Wilton players were signed by Cork.<br>*And if jw_tfc is not correct as you claim then all the clubs are in a lot of trouble regards signing players.<br>Also on jw_tfc's point regarding international football if Emma Byrne decided to go and play for a team in the third tier of the Cork league then how well prepared would she be for international football. The players who want to play international football should be challenging themselves week in week out. It makes sense that the international manager's will pick players primarily in the top league..<br>*Even if the 6 clubs only use the same 11 players every game, we have 66 domestic players playing at a higher level every week not to mind the other girls who will get quality training and lets be honest far more than 66 will play before Christmas not to mind over the course of their season. And as the league expands that number will expand too.<br>*I also agree finances must be a major consideration. Jw_tfc gave a figure and I trust that it's a good ball park figure. To say that clubs are spending heavily anyway in reaching the national cup latter stages is fine but what you must remember Pedro m is that the cost you are referring to in National cup and local league would have to have another €20k or so added to them toparticipate in the WNL.<br>*And while i'm no expert I would also assume the forms of the FAI supersede local forms otherwise what would the point of appealing anything to the FAI be? What rule in the FAI book are you referring to? jw_tfc didn't say he'd encourage his players to all go to the league above.<br>*As far as i know the November 30th Rule for summer soccer season is a wfai rule not an fai rule, but I could be wrong.<br>*I do think it'd be great for the likes of Limerick and Galway to have a club in the league and other areas too and hopefully they will if the league expands.<br>*In my opinion and again I could be wrong but it does seem like some people are being very negative about the league. I hope everyone will support it when it kicks off because it could be great for the players involved and players who will be involved down the line and inspire more girls to play which will benefit everyone. good luck jw_tfc with whatever club you are involved in.
    Article in today's Star seems to say a few teams are in a spot of bother for first few games

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Most definitely true re registrations in the article. Unfortunate for all the affected girls that they cant play until the 4th game. I was totally wrong with earlier comments as highlighted but I simply passed on what information I heard.
    Best of luck to all teams on the inaugural weekend of games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast