47 Posts

another late goal

Well **** it.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Sickened, by various accounts the lads genuinely gave everything but caught out yet again at the end. Is it coaching is it players? Genuinely don't know by the way, not trying to stir controversy.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    GHOWLS!!!!!

Cousins OUT!

etc

etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Ltid out!

Just need a bit of luck at times. Something which has deserted us lately.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    I was at the game lash night and it was the best I have seen us play in a long long time. We played with a 4-5-1 formartiom with jean bunisampa up front on his own and I have never seen a front man work so hard in all my life he ran for every ball and contested every header.

We fell behind through a spectacular 30 yarder that looped of rouses head and in off the bar it all came from Gary cronnin slipping as he went to clear so we were very unlucky there.

But within 2 minutes we were level through a salmon penalty which was won by Brady if I remember correctly after he sold the full back with a little Ryan giggs kick it one wat go the other trick......dotsy and Crawley were absoutely fantastic all night long.

Then Crawley put us ahead with the goal of the season the ball fell to him at the edge of the area and he somehow managed to bend it on his left foot and it started miles outside the post before curling right into the bottom corner it was worth the admission fee alone as massop said.

There equalizer was a big turning point in the game we cane out of the dressing room asleep and were punished.

We switched off for a split second in the 94th minute and hylo who was excellent at right full all night got caught over the top and Brennan who was one of the mons main threats all night punished us.

The celebrations of the very small Monaghan crowd was amazing they went absoutely crazy never seen anything like it.

Keith Gillespie made his come back and played around 70 minutes and had a decent game, his set pieces were of amazing quality and it's a big blow we didn't have deans cause he would have eaten up those Gillespie deliveries.

Monaghan exploited the flanks very very well but our back 4 did very well and our center halfs flood and hope were absoutely top notch. (Rouse was excellent too)

we should have never ever Lost the game and despite our excellent performance I'm slightly worried at how this will effect the lads it will be a tough task to pick then up but maybe it's a good thing we have such a big game next week it's almost like a cup final for 5th place

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Very accurate outspoken we did not plY well in parts but your lads battled well
    We celebrated because it keeps us in the chase for promotion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Cheers for that outspoken, felt I. was back there again. As passerby said we were far from our best. I think last weeks sitting out a game had the lads a bit rusty but we got the rub of the green when we needed it. I haven't seen our team so animated and excited since just before the wall fell in Bray. Was magic for us coz every game counts so much. The lads who were with us last year were so gutted we didn't get promoted that they are relishing the chance to do it this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Thanks lads and I'm not having a go at your fans for celebrating like ye did just in case it came across that way. It was just spectacular because the place looked empty but when that goal went in it was like there was thousands there

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    I would echo what outspoken said. We were robbed I thought. That muppet Caschera has a lot to answer for. for starters where did he get 4 mins added time from? there was only two..He also refeed in Flancare earlier in the previous meeting where we had two players sent off. For once I would like to see Monaghan go up as I am sick of goin up and losin as we are jinxed there. Crawleys goal was beauty personified he wont get goal of the season as there wasnt enough to see it as with aussies goal in cork. it was great Gillespie and Rouse came back. Gillespie had one of his better games in a long time. Brady was fantastic and Crawley is my player of the month. In each game he has improved so much. It has taken me the guts of a day to post as I cant believe we lost last nite!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    A lot of people seem to think cashcara robbed us but I don't go along with that tbh. He gave us a penalty and while he have some awful decisions against us none of them resulted in a goal. There was 2 minutes added for substitions and 2 minutes for general stoppages (nothing unusual) so at the end of the day it's only our fault we couldn't hold on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Think Alvin wasted a bit of time agree with outspoken cascara didn't do us any favours , who do you have in the run in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    No it was made look like he wasted time with Monaghan players and fans constantly putting ref under pressure to give him a second yellow but anyway we have waterford at home next saturday we have harps some time in october away and cork away is our last game
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    No it was made look like he wasted time with Monaghan players and fans constantly putting ref under pressure to give him a second yellow but anyway we have waterford at home next saturday we have harps some time in october away and cork away is our last game
    kieran you forgot our last home game which is against Salthill!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    That's the one I couldn't remember thanks Marty.