Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weekend's latest Sept 23rd-25th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gormacha View Post
    I'm not sure what this means. Is it another way of saying that referees deserve everything they get if they get a decision wrong?
    It's a way of saying that good professional role model referees are in short supply in the League of Ireland (which is of relevance here). The abuse they get would not be representative of the reception a good referee would get.
    Last edited by dfx-; 25/09/2011 at 2:54 AM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey9 View Post
    Even if Sean Connor was still managing Galway, Foster would still be easily the worst manager in the league. He hasn't even got Dundalk being competitive with Bohs ffs. He's been found out big time this season. And he's running out of bull**** aftermatch nonsense on MNS as well. I reckon this is his last season in the LOI. Awful manager!!
    Not agreeing or disagreeing with you monkey9 but have a look here http://www.dundalkfc.com/update-on-c...ith-ian-foster
    Also an online pool on Orielweb http://www.orielweb.com/dundalktalk/...php?f=1&t=8571 gives him 67% of the vote, from 134 people that voted.(for him to remain as Dundalk manager)
    Last edited by bullit; 25/09/2011 at 2:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Not agreeing or disagreeing with you monkey9 but have a look here http://www.dundalkfc.com/update-on-c...ith-ian-foster
    Also an online pool on Orielweb http://www.orielweb.com/dundalktalk/...php?f=1&t=8571 gives him 67% of the vote, from 134 people that voted.(for him to remain as Dundalk manager)
    I just honestly don't get that support for Foster. I have absolutely no issues with Dundalk whatsover, i just think with the squad you's have had this season, a decent manager would have you further up the table.

As an outsider looking in, all i can see is that Ian Foster became your manager and you went backwards!!

4. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Lads, I think people forget how inexperienced Ian Foster is. He's only been in management for a couple of years and he's the same age as Hawkins and Jason Byrne. He's had Dundalk playing lovely football and he's going to become a very, very good manager. I hope he does it in Ireland rather than going back to England and working his way through the leagues there.

Would I be correct in saying most of Dundalk's players still live in Dublin? At least the ones who don't actually come from Louth. Dundalk will always have to pay a wage premium to attract players so you'll have to pay more money to the same player than the likes of Bohs or Pats, and I suspect you'll also get lads who aren't as fully committed to the cause as others.

6. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Foster has passion, which is good, but is vastly inexperienced, and with Dundalk probably wanting to kick on and become serious contenders for honours, then he's probably not the man for that. He's helped them consolidate their position in the Premier, which he deserves a certain amount of credit for, and there's probably a fair few things that he's doing right, but from a Dundalk perspective I guess ye don't want to / can't afford to sit around and wait for him to "grow" as a manager.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Who in Ireland is going to replace him that has those qualities though? Martin Russell is just as inexperienced as Foster. Doolin is unlikely to leave his Ireland post. After that you're into the same old pool of Richardson, Collins, etc. that you really don't want to be dipping into.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 25/09/2011 at 3:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Who in Ireland is going to replace him that has those qualities though? Martin Russell is just as inexperienced as Foster. Doolin is unlikely to leave his Ireland post. After that you're into the same old pool of Richardson, Collins, etc. that you really don't want to be dipping into.
    This is a question i was expecting to come up and i don't have an answer to. But take this Dundalk squad. Surely the likes of Damien Richardson can do better.

People slag of Fenlon for being a cheque book manager, but he's put together a decent squad and is challeging for honours! Dundalk's season is over!!

I suppose he is young, in fairness. But the nonsense he spouts on MNS does my head in!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey9 View Post
    But the nonsense he spouts on MNS does my head in!!
    Same as Pete Mahon sure..
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Damien Richardson might be able to do better... until he decides he likes being a TV pundit more and quits. The LOI is too small to rely on a small pool of established managers and we're always going to have to blood young managers like Foster, O'Neill and Cook.

Fenlon should be untouchable. He's a great manager and should have moved onto a better paying job in the SPL by now. I'm a Rovers fan but I have huge respect for the job he's done and it should be obvious how good he is. It seems in this country that managers don't get the credit they deserve - look at Michael O'Neill, he's qualified for the Europa League and people still say he's a crap manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Pete sure likes WHINE with his cheese

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    How very dare you!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Damien Richardson might be able to do better... until he decides he likes being a TV pundit more and quits. The LOI is too small to rely on a small pool of established managers and we're always going to have to blood young managers like Foster, O'Neill and Cook.

Fenlon should be untouchable. He's a great manager and should have moved onto a better paying job in the SPL by now. I'm a Rovers fan but I have huge respect for the job he's done and it should be obvious how good he is. It seems in this country that managers don't get the credit they deserve - look at Michael O'Neill, he's qualified for the Europa League and people still say he's a crap manager.

I do agree with you Charlie and you're right. It's always great to have a good pool, a bit like the playing options. But there's something about Foster that just does me head in. I think he's a chancer!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Well he was offered a job there, of course.

I think he should be the next Ireland manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Bray 1-0 up in Tallaght, but down to 10 men (Shane O'Connor, two yellows) and Devlin sent from the bench as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    1-1 now, not looking good for us now. McCabe with the goal.

C'mon lads!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Harps - Salthill was brutal on the eye but... that's now our 4th clean sheet in a row (6 in the last 7) and we've now taken 14 of the last 21 points on offer.

I just hope te fook that Felix can maintain this into next season and we can get a push on for promotion places again.
    Last edited by Sam_Heggy; 26/09/2011 at 8:28 AM. Reason: damn students always finding fault...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Would I be correct in saying most of Dundalk's players still live in Dublin? At least the ones who don't actually come from Louth. Dundalk will always have to pay a wage premium to attract players so you'll have to pay more money to the same player than the likes of Bohs or Pats, and I suspect you'll also get lads who aren't as fully committed to the cause as others.
    Fair point. At the start of the season when Bolger signed for the now defunct Fingal instead of us, he said his reason was due to the extra travel involved. Of our current 17 first team squad, I'd say 7 would be based in & around Dublin. 7 are locals and the other 3 probably moved close enough to Dundalk. We also have a bunch of youths on the bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Finished 5-2 to Rovers in Tallaght. McCabe with 2, Rickets, Finn & Twigg. Jake Kelly with both of Brays.

Does anybody know how many players/Managers that Tool Winters has sent off this year??
    Every game he is in charge of he sends somebody off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    The game in Tallaght looked like it was following the same pattern as the two previous matches this season. The sending of was a tad harsh and turned the game.
    It looked like he was trying to put his arm across him rather than hit him in the face. It was more to do with big man v small man than anything nasty.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts

I have to say I'm not MON's biggest fan, as a person he's grand, as a coach and tactician he's grand, but he's too defensive minded for my liking and could have done so much more this season with the players he has - how is that for stupidity on my part. Rovers are in the running for the league again, made history in Europe and still finding fault with a top manager. I'd love to see him move to a league where his ability would be tested and valued, same with PF, both would do good jobs with middling sides in a number of countries. Right now they're 1 and 2 in Ireland.

Ian Foster I liked at Galway, at Dundalk he can make all the excuses he wants and spin in circles, he's just not the manager needed to make the most of a better bunch of players. Would Rico do better with them, wasn't he in the running for the Dundalk job originally but turned it down (sure a DFC insider can clear that up). He has the knowledge and contacts to get results at a club like Dundalk, but would the fans understand it?

The LOI is a good testing ground for managers, like other little brother leagues in Europe (Austria and Switzerland for Germany etc). But I can't see where the next bright hope is coming from.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast