Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Weekend's latest Sept 23rd-25th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Players do need to learn to shut up though.
    Absolutely. Its about time that referees started sending people off for mouthing. We need to see more of this and hopefully players will learn that its not ok to abuse refs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Absolutely. Its about time that referees started sending people off for mouthing. We need to see more of this and hopefully players will learn that its not ok to abuse refs.
    In the 1st instance,quigely did not abuse anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    I seen that too Dunny
    If there is a video of that out there,i would pay money too see it LOL !! Kelly is a gimp,Quigleys undeserved sending off ruined what would have been a good match.Patricks are no hot **** and missed a lot of handy oul chances tonight.I dont get the "pinnochio" song that they sing either,who or what is that all about??
    long time nickname of Jason Byrne. Works for Hawkins too

Before Quigo was booked he was already warned about mouthing twice. Clearly didn't want to be there. \i think only Dundalk's number 6 looked like he wanted to play. the rest, including Byrne, were a disgrace

We walked the 2nd half. Literally didn't run once
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    long time nickname of Jason Byrne. Works for Hawkins too

Before Quigo was booked he was already warned about mouthing twice. Clearly didn't want to be there. \i think only Dundalk's number 6 looked like he wanted to play. the rest, including Byrne, were a disgrace

We walked the 2nd half. Literally didn't run once
    Well if that is yee then i dont think the rest off the leauge should worry,i think i may have said that already,but i like to repeat myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Huh? I never said we were good/bad

Just that Dundalk were a disgrace and we didn't have to play at all to comfortably win

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Has on the LOI site that Mons and Shels are level, Didn't think that was right
    errortel for all their problems have the table right I think
    Shels are 4 points clear of Mons who both have 24 played, we are a point behing Mons on 25 games, Limerick are level with us on 26 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    False modesty from a Cork fan. Almost.
    Call it the ingrained pessimism of years supporting Cork City.
    I see a very similar version on the Limerick forum.

Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    In fairness, Razor is a foccer. It's built into them to see the worst in EVERYTHING, and they pride themselves on it! So it's probably not false from him.
    Why thank you, thats probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me
    Last edited by razor; 24/09/2011 at 9:42 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gormacha View Post
    Ah Jaysus, no "should be a win but...." needed. With respect to any AT supporters on here, but they are the worst team I have seen this year, and that's up against some pretty stiff competition, I can tell you.

I'd be surprised with anything less that a 0-3 scoreline. Philly will fill his boots.
    Drogheda were worse last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    Drogheda were worse last night.
    Have you seen Galway this season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Actually, no, well on telly, yeah, but that doesn't really count. Don't think I've seen Bray either. Everyone else, yeah - Drogheda were great for a while mid season - I saw them draw with Shams 1-1 and Dundalk 2-2, games they deserved to win but last night was poorest performance I've seen by a team this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    How could Dundalk look interested when their top player got sent off after yee netted the first after 15mins ? Up hill battle then.Kelly gave yee everything,aided by the two linesmen.So much for Kelly being the best whistler in LOI. O' Connor got booked for that silly wee celebration in front of the shed btw,i think he done that because he got a bigger cheer there.
    Thats an abysmal excuse. Didn't stop ye from looking interested when Connor was over ye and ye used to get red cards every other match.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    it seems that that is two games in a row that a player has received 2 yellows in the space of 30 seconds - the second for talking back or abusing the ref. Harsh alright but the players need to cop on. Its like Dundalk under Seanie all over again.
    I'd nearly go as far and say ye were better under Connor. Didn't ye finish 5th under him? Foster has done poorly in his 2 seasons, Fair enough he has a small squad, but quality wise its a good side.

Foster will hardly be kept on will he?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Huh? I never said we were good/bad

Just that Dundalk were a disgrace and we didn't have to play at all to comfortably win
    Seems to be a the general view ok, I know of at least 4 season ticket holders who left at HT. They were disgusted at the lack of effort. 3rd year in a row our season is over with 2 mths to play, and these guys are on very decent money too. Byrne, Bolger, Ward, Gaynor, Cherrie all very poor overall, as for the sick list, Hawkins/Maher both had 'form' too risky to sign in my view. Others just couldnt give a toss at this stage.

I wish we could recruit thetype of players like yourselves and Bohs do, nothing too attractive, but by fxxx they work for the team and put in consistent shifts.

As for Quigley, I dont care if people say he didnt say that much to the ref, he was only after a yellow, doesnt wash with me, to get sent off after 15 mins is a disgrace, but of course Foster will blame the refs, just like Connor did two years ago.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    This is a real bugbear of mine. It's one of the two aspects of our game that I despise (the other is "simulation").

This can't be changed by individual referees. It's up to FIFA to set the tone, and then let every association on the ladder after that follow them. Down to every level of the game, especially including schoolboy and schoolgirl leagues.

There should be zero tolerance of verbal abuse to referees. Each and every instance of it should be a booking. A few sendings off (and consequent points dropped) and players would learn to shut the phuq up.

I would go so far as to say that players shouldn't even be allowed to talk to the ref. The captain maybe as his or her side's rep, and that's it.

I've often thought of becoming a referee, but haven't done it because of the inevitable abuse that I'd get.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gormacha View Post
    I would go so far as to say that players shouldn't even be allowed to talk to the ref. The captain maybe as his or her side's rep, and that's it.

I've often thought of becoming a referee, but haven't done it because of the inevitable abuse that I'd get.
    There isn't enough abuse of certain referees. They're nowhere near good enough to merit penalising criticism of their decisions. There certainly isn't enough criticism of Buttimer or Hancock or McKeon and if the 'refereeing panel' won't do it...

Their decision making is by far a bigger problem than simulation or mouthing off. In the majority of cases, the person mouthing off is right. Perhaps the blame lies on the poor role models for new referees than the abuse they get.
    Last edited by dfx-; 24/09/2011 at 4:24 PM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Thats an abysmal excuse. Didn't stop ye from looking interested when Connor was over ye and ye used to get red cards every other match.

I'd nearly go as far and say ye were better under Connor. Didn't ye finish 5th under him? Foster has done poorly in his 2 seasons, Fair enough he has a small squad, but quality wise its a good side.

Foster will hardly be kept on will he?
    wonder will foster swap clubs with connor again?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    There isn't enough abuse of certain referees. They're nowhere near good enough to merit penalising criticism of their decisions. There certainly isn't enough criticism of Buttimer or Hancock or McKeon and if the 'refereeing panel' won't do it...
    I don't see how players screaming abuse at these (or any other) referees would improve their ability to make good decisions.

Just so we're clear - I'm not here defending the quality of LOI referees that you may have a problem with. I'm simply stating that the game of football would be a better place if abusing referees wasn't endemic within football culture.

Referees might actually listen to criticism of their performance if it wasn't couched in abuse, or if they didn't have to run the gauntlet of angry supporters/players/parents.

Their decision making is by far a bigger problem than simulation or mouthing off. In the majority of cases, the person mouthing off is right.
    Now you're setting up straw man arguments. Its not an either/or between poor refereeing and the poor behaviour of some players.

Perhaps the blame lies on the poor role models for new referees than the abuse they get.
    I'm not sure what this means. Is it another way of saying that referees deserve everything they get if they get a decision wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Absolutely no way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    The only club Seanie is with now is a strip one.

And I dont think Fozzy wants First Division football next season either.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Maroon View Post
    Absolutely no way.

Foster going west? 100% No

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

I wish we could recruit thetype of players like yourselves and Bohs do, nothing too attractive, but by fxxx they work for the team and put in consistent shifts.
    It's down to the managers that our players work so hard, As I have said before, Foster is the worst manager in the league
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Even if Sean Connor was still managing Galway, Foster would still be easily the worst manager in the league. He hasn't even got Dundalk being competitive with Bohs ffs. He's been found out big time this season. And he's running out of bull**** aftermatch nonsense on MNS as well. I reckon this is his last season in the LOI. Awful manager!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast