Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Traynor Trophy 2011/12

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Well nononsence why dont you inform all us non tsdl supporters as to what is going on?Because any league team or club side or players at junior level who complain about playing 2 games in a week are a joke.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    passandmove not having a pop at you because your posts are usually good but if your club had 7 or 8 players on the oscar traynor the week before a last 16 of the fai game would you rather the players stay and play a league game together for the club in preparation for next week or leave the team idle and play the oscar game?? no brainer. also clonmel celtic and peake villa i heard were not 2 keen on releasing their players for oscar game and they are totally right as they have fai games next week 2.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    No worries republican its all about opinions,but your lads would have a week to recover plus be exposed to a knockout game up in dublin.......ideal preparation!I just think to give a walkover would be wrong,if ye have got the game moved then more luck to yee even if i dont agree with your methods,neways best of luck against sheriff in fai,repeat that munster semi performance from last season in jackman and no side will touch yee.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passandmove View Post
    No worries republican its all about opinions,but your lads would have a week to recover plus be exposed to a knockout game up in dublin.......ideal preparation!I just think to give a walkover would be wrong,if ye have got the game moved then more luck to yee even if i dont agree with your methods,neways best of luck against sheriff in fai,repeat that munster semi performance from last season in jackman and no side will touch yee.
    A week isnt along time to recover if you pick up a knock, there is alot of sense in what republican, has the game been changed.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    You should check your facts before you make such a statement. Comments like that only give the likes of High Tackle etc get on their usual banter of anti-TSDL and anti-St.Michaels. To the genuine TSDL supporters let me say, as absolute fact, the TSDL have not given a walkover. The F.A.I. know that, the Dublin A.U.L. know that.

Totally agree with Nononsense, all hightackle does is get his big spoon out and stir... especially when it comes to St. Michaels - his anti st. michaels comments are constant and thank god usually none of us here on TSDL thread take the bait. Give it a rest and unless you know full facts, dont comment, simple as. Everybody on here, goes on about Oscar Traynor Cup being a great honour etc, I was game last Thursday week in Cooke Park and very poor crowd at it.. dont think this competition is as important to Clubs as people think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Well folks the Oscar Traynor is not taken serious here in Dublin either.Its more of an inconvenience.Weve been told that the game is off for definate and weve a Liddy Cup game on Saturday.Weve only 1 player on the Oscar Traynor squad and the rule in Dublin is you have to release players for the Oscar Traynor,but u dont have to play a domestic game.Nobody cares whether its a walkover or not and I speak for most clubs.Weve players going away as they were told there was no games this Sunday because of the Oscar Traynor game,thus were 3 players down for our game this week but are still going ahead with it as a prep for FAI game V Carrick.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KUFCMan View Post
    Well folks the Oscar Traynor is not taken serious here in Dublin either.Its more of an inconvenience.Weve been told that the game is off for definate and weve a Liddy Cup game on Saturday.Weve only 1 player on the Oscar Traynor squad and the rule in Dublin is you have to release players for the Oscar Traynor,but u dont have to play a domestic game.Nobody cares whether its a walkover or not and I speak for most clubs.Weve players going away as they were told there was no games this Sunday because of the Oscar Traynor game,thus were 3 players down for our game this week but are still going ahead with it as a prep for FAI game V Carrick.
    Did TSDL give a walk over , i hope so because it wouldnt be fair if that fixture was refixed to suit TSDL, as i couldnt see any other county getting away with that, whos on the limerick oscar trainer team from Pike are they going to play in the competition.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minesapint View Post
    Did TSDL give a walk over , i hope so because it wouldnt be fair if that fixture was refixed to suit TSDL, as i couldnt see any other county getting away with that, whos on the limerick oscar trainer team from Pike are they going to play in the competition.
    I'm not sure what u mean by a re fixture because from what I believe there was no official fixture as the tsdl had said they had full fixture list this weekend so I believe the issue was a lack of communication between all parties

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rightboy View Post
    I'm not sure what u mean by a re fixture because from what I believe there was no official fixture as the tsdl had said they had full fixture list this weekend so I believe the issue was a lack of communication between all parties
    How is the limerick oscar trainer fixed the week before the fai and the tsdl isnt.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Roscommon 1-1 Limerick, half hour left. Clarke with Limerick goal after kavanagh missing penalty. All Limerick only matter of time

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Limerick beaten on peno's. Roscommon keeper man of the match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan View Post
    Limerick beaten on peno's. Roscommon keeper man of the match.
    Thought barry scored,time to give someone else the reigns,another failure by the management team,with that squad of players at his disposure there is no way roscommon should be beaten limerick,no disrespect to roscommon,maybe the pike manager should step in there,what do people think?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Shur not much point the pike manager stepping in as u cant buy players for oscar traynor!! poor for limerick to be beat by roscommon with the players at their disposal. kerry to win it now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    Shur not much point the pike manager stepping in as u cant buy players for oscar traynor!! poor for limerick to be beat by roscommon with the players at their disposal. kerry to win it now.
    I have to agree with hotspur considine should have been asked to take that job , so not entirely Aidan ryans fault the LDMC have to take a share of the blame as well, Aidan has done hes best and i dont think people should fault him for that, the future doesnt look good for hartnet sub again today cant see him getting a call to the irish squad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Is it Kerry v Roscommon in the semi ? , whats the other side off the draw if anyone knows.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any idea when the semis are set for?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    18/19th???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    [SIZE=2]Congratulations to the Roscommon and District league on a brilliant win in the Quarter Finals of the Oscar Traynor Cup. They beat a Limerick league side who won the Oscar Traynor Cup on six previous occasions and only a last minute goal denied them their seventh last season. Great credit to Manager Henry Loughnane his assistant Peter Tiley and their outstanding panel of players for battling all the way before coming out on top in a penalty shoot out. They had already knocked out Sligo Leitrim League the Mayo League and the Inishowen League to reach the Quarter Finals. It’s a fitting reward for their efforts and with a solid defence and midfield and forwards who scored in every game they played they need have no fear of the Kerry League whom they play in Tralee. It’s a big boost for the Roscommon and District league and shows their players can compete with any League in the Country.
    [/SIZE]

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by republican View Post
    passandmove not having a pop at you because your posts are usually good but if your club had 7 or 8 players on the oscar traynor the week before a last 16 of the fai game would you rather the players stay and play a league game together for the club in preparation for next week or leave the team idle and play the oscar game?? no brainer. also clonmel celtic and peake villa i heard were not 2 keen on releasing their players for oscar game and they are totally right as they have fai games next week 2.
    There is only one clonmel Celtic player selected and they have not made any of their players unavailable.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badker View Post
    [SIZE=2]Congratulations to the Roscommon and District league on a brilliant win in the Quarter Finals of the Oscar Traynor Cup. They beat a Limerick league side who won the Oscar Traynor Cup on six previous occasions and only a last minute goal denied them their seventh last season. Great credit to Manager Henry Loughnane his assistant Peter Tiley and their outstanding panel of players for battling all the way before coming out on top in a penalty shoot out. They had already knocked out Sligo Leitrim League the Mayo League and the Inishowen League to reach the Quarter Finals. It’s a fitting reward for their efforts and with a solid defence and midfield and forwards who scored in every game they played they need have no fear of the Kerry League whom they play in Tralee. It’s a big boost for the Roscommon and District league and shows their players can compete with any League in the Country.
    [/SIZE]
    How'd their results go in the Group Stages?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast