305 Posts
    Highlights from Tuesday nights match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    I'm neutral, but here goes:
    That was a terrible match. It was awful. Neither team deserved to win but the ref was ok (apart for the sending off - didn't understand what that was for)
    Mark Rossiter should buy a taxi plate or get a job in Fusco's or somewhere - I stopped counting his uncompleted passes when they hit double figures.
    Two hours plus that I will never get back.
    Wont claim to be neutral but agree the match was awful stuff. Both teams appeared far more afraid of losing than they were of winning (probobly because it was end of season for whoever lost). Both teams are capable of much better fare and I can only presume the "fear factor" stifled both. With Bohs playing one up front and Dundalk playing very deep it was void of any attacking/entertaining football. Quigs looked class for Dundalk - best I have seen him play - but played too far away from goal and was restricted to long range efforts. Bohs had a lot of the play but did little with it and Dundalk had the clearer chances (all two of them). Killer and Heary at least showed a bit of urgency.
    Too far away to see what happened with the red (other side of pitch) presumed there was dissent as did not see any foul worth a red but Connolly was poor all night (for/against both sides) so anything is possible

Difficult to say either team "deserved" to win but given the level of possesion they enjoyed Bohs probobly just shaded it. For the fans that attended - 2 hours of our lives we will never get back
    Last edited by marinobohs; 22/09/2011 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Wont claim to be neutral but agree the match was awful stuff. Both teams appeared far more afraid of losing than they were of winning (probobly because it was end of season for whoever lost). Both teams are capable of much better fare and I can only presume the "fear factor" stifled both. With Bohs playing one up front and Dundalk playing very deep it was void of any attacking/entertaining football. Quigs looked class for Dundalk - best I have seen him play - but played too far away from goal and was restricted to long range efforts. Bohs had a lot of the play but did little with it and Dundalk had the clearer chances (all two of them). Killer and Heary at least showed a bit of urgency.
    Too far away to see what happened with the red (other side of pitch) presumed there was dissent as did not see any foul worth a red but Connolly was poor all night (for/against both sides) so anything is possible

Difficult to say either team "deserved" to win but given the level of possesion they enjoyed Bohs probobly just shaded it. For the fans that attended - 2 hours of our lives we will never get back
    Good summation marino.Quigley will no doubt win Dundalk FC player of the season.If he was with a side that was to win a leauge or a cup he would prob be in the running for LOI Player of the season, and i say that easily and without doubt.It is a pity that his mate,Jayo Byrne never showed up along side him.
    Last edited by bullit; 23/09/2011 at 2:01 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234