Shannon Olympic A 2-1 Newmarket Celtic A

Great result for Olympic Newmarket dont seem the be the force they were

Any report?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I went to see it,newmarket had what looked like a very young team out,olympic only had the starting eleven,no subs.Olympic went 2 nill up and took the foot off the gas as usual,newmarket then pulled one back with a peno! It seemed to me that newmarket were missing all of their senior players,unless they have all retired!!!!!! Overall it was a fair result played in the right manner,there was no fire in that newmarket team at all.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    What was the team and who was missing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice-man View Post
    Shannon Olympic A 2-1 Newmarket Celtic A

Great result for Olympic Newmarket dont seem the be the force they were

Any report?
    how was it a great result.. league cup game and even with this win it was not enough to qualify olympic for final . dont write of newmarket yet they seem to be trying out alot of young players during these games.

" football is a simple game "

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    how was it a great result.. league cup game and even with this win it was not enough to qualify olympic for final . dont write of newmarket yet they seem to be trying out alot of young players during these games.

Now old git you wouldn't be playing down the importance of the league cup would you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge lyndz View Post
    Now old git you wouldn't be playing down the importance of the league cup would you?
    nope but it only a bonus for clubs if you reach the final.. and im sure alot of clubs involved would be more intrested in getting points in league games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    It's 2011 old git I think alot of lads would prefer a session on the way to Dublin to watch a match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    It's 2011 old git I think alot of lads would prefer a session on the way to Dublin to watch a match
    i would prefer a session at end of season as league champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    It doesn't matter if they didn't reach the final or not, it was still a good result...If Fc Basle were to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford but didn't qualify from the group it would still be classed as a good result wouldn't it? A newly promoted side beating the champions from last year will always go down as a good result, and Olympic will be no pushover this year either, I fancy them to do quite well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Munchies View Post
    It doesn't matter if they didn't reach the final or not, it was still a good result...If Fc Basle were to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford but didn't qualify from the group it would still be classed as a good result wouldn't it? A newly promoted side beating the champions from last year will always go down as a good result, and Olympic will be no pushover this year either, I fancy them to do quite well
    the point i was trying to make is i believe newmarket will have a much stronger team available for league game and i bet you olympic would class it a better result if it was a league game and they got 3 points . if olympic can get out their best 11 i would expect them to do quite well also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    the point i was trying to make is i believe newmarket will have a much stronger team available for league game and i bet you olympic would class it a better result if it was a league game and they got 3 points . if olympic can get out their best 11 i would expect them to do quite well also.
    True that Olympic would rather have won in a league game against Newmarket without them missing any players but at the end of the day it's still a very good win for them regardless of the side Newmarket put out or the competition it was in, at the end of the day you can only beat what's put out in front of you, and it seems Olympic were missing a few themselves seeing as they had no subs available ...Agreed, think they will definatly stay up if they can get there best 11 playing week in week out

Is it Lifford vs Avenue in the league cup final now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    True that Olympic would rather have won in a league game against Newmarket without them missing any players but at the end of the day it's still a very good win for them regardless of the side Newmarket put out or the competition it was in, at the end of the day you can only beat what's put out in front of you, and it seems Olympic were missing a few themselves seeing as they had no subs available ...Agreed, think they will definatly stay up if they can get there best 11 playing week in week out

Is it Lifford vs Avenue in the league cup final now?
    yeah fighting it out for 25 free tickets & free bus to dublin to watch an ireland match..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Old git, thats an added bonus for the winners. Should Ireland possibly get a European play off or maybe have the Armenia game at home to win the group it would make for a very nice day out indeed. Anyway I dunno about your club but we try win every competition we enter be it a league or a league cup. Obviously the league is the big 1 but winning games and comps create a good habbit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind1 View Post
    Old git, thats an added bonus for the winners. Should Ireland possibly get a European play off or maybe have the Armenia game at home to win the group it would make for a very nice day out indeed. Anyway I dunno about your club but we try win every competition we enter be it a league or a league cup. Obviously the league is the big 1 but winning games and comps create a good habbit.
    agree with you on trying to win every competition you enter it gets teams into good habits.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I see another win for Olympic today... Also heard they only had the bare 11 again alot of injuries..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    looks like Olympic were no pushover today great result away to lifford in munster junior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    I see another win for Olympic today... Also heard they only had the bare 11 again alot of injuries..
    surely they would use a few b team lads as cover if they are stuggling this badly with injuries , but under the circumstances a great result so.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Any report on the oscar's last night?4 1 doesnt sound promising

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts