Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Galway Premier Division 2011/12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Galway Premier Division 2011/12

Three games down already. Athenry and Mervue the teams to beat once more. Hibs showing well, newcomers Bernards and East are doing okay. Anyone have any views?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mervue seem strong, league should be close, salthill look in big trouble, bernards aren't newcomers though! I think it was a mistake to start the league so early.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    hi lads

anyone got any information on these? they lost 2-1 to mervue B today, what are mervue B like?

have killtullagh in the cup next weekend. are they any use?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Was watching Athenry a few weeks ago and they lost 3-1 at home. they seem a different side to what I saw last year in the fai against clonmel but i heard they have a good few lads to come back into the fold in the coming weeks so they should be alot stronger. wasn't too impressed on the day by the manager didn't open his mouth once. He seemed more interested in smoking fags on the side line than organising his team. Bad start to the lge but too much quality in the squad and they should do well again in the big cup comps. best of luck.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mundener View Post
    Was watching Athenry a few weeks ago and they lost 3-1 at home. they seem a different side to what I saw last year in the fai against clonmel but i heard they have a good few lads to come back into the fold in the coming weeks so they should be alot stronger. wasn't too impressed on the day by the manager didn't open his mouth once. He seemed more interested in smoking fags on the side line than organising his team. Bad start to the lge but too much quality in the squad and they should do well again in the big cup comps. best of luck.
    Was he smoking on the sideline or off the pitch as here in the Mayo league noone on the side line is allowed too smoke at any level.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    Was he smoking on the sideline or off the pitch as here in the Mayo league noone on the side line is allowed too smoke at any level.

He was smoking on the sideline... I have watched athenry a couple of times last year and they were v unlucky not to get through against pike in the f.a.i. Im actually playing in the limerick lge and I was up in Galway and thought id watch them this year, so far there not as good as what I saw last year, but was told that half there squad is missing due to inj and the GAA. dont know much about the manager but all's i know is that he prefers a smoke rather than talking to his team.