Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Moscow Offers and Updates

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts

Moscow Offers and Updates

From the off I can say in all honesty that I have no hand or part in anything I'll post, I'm not making any money in any way or have a share in anything. I'm just reporting to travellers what I've seen on the ground or have heard is happening.

A local company are advertising an exclusive drink and eat all you can while mixing with the stars at Luzhniki, in the best seats. It's a pricey at about 450e whereas match tickets are going for less than a tenner. The company is: www.footballmarket.ru

The night before the match in Shooters Bar and Grill there is a 1 hour free beer with drink offers following it. It's a new place and they're pushing it quite well. As sports bars go in Moscow it's clean, not expensive and safe. www.shootersbar.ru (I've been and the beer is good, especially the local brew).

There is a fan park organised for before the match in conjunction with the RFS near the Luzhniki. Be aware that at this moment there is no beer on sale inside the stadium, that you cannot take a closed bottle (plastic) into the stands, that they're telling fans to arrive 2 hous before kick off and that if you're coming by metro it's best to stop at Frunzenskaya, eat and then walk to the ground.

There is segregation but there is little chance of crowd disturbance except in the Russian section (inside the stadium). Rumours are flying around local forums that Zenit fans are coming en masse to Moscow and that Spartak scum will meet them coming in. Which means that these morons will be arrested in 3 stations square (Komosomolskaya) the afternoon of the game and not see the light of day until Thursday.

Mu-Mu restaurant in Frunzenskaya are reducing food prices for the game. They're normally cheap so I don't see much of a bonus.

The Renaissance on Prospekt Mira are offering room rates of c. $60 per night, I don't know if it's with breakfast.

That's that for the minute. Hope it helps some folks. I'll update the above and some more as soon as I get anything.

2. Thanks From: