Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: will shamrock rovers go onto dominate the league for the forseable future?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    I've been out of the loop so may have missed agreements/ contract extensions, but surely the Rovers players have the club over more of a barrel than the Pats players could possibly have hoped for...
    Not really. Pats were effectively out of Europe when the players tried to kill the club - in their minds, they had nothing to lose so they bent the club over. Rovers players have the prospect of making history by becoming the first players to represent an Irish club in Europe and they'd be mad to screw it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    I've been out of the loop so may have missed agreements/ contract extensions, but surely the Rovers players have the club over more of a barrel than the Pats players could possibly have hoped for...
    Don't see how. You want to play for us then this is what's on the table. You don't then off you go. As previously mentioned re Oman and Gary O'Neill got better offers from Fingal and we didn't budge on the offer. Some players find it hard to take in the idea of a wage that heavily involves success on the pitch. Killian Brennan certainly is one, he was offered a deal before the season started and went off in a huff saying Bohs were offering him more.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

3. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I thought the last Rovers accounts showed a different scenario, but I aint trawling back to confirm.
    Nope.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123