Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI cup matches w/e 29/8/11

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    If anything that post supports the claims. 3 goals, from few chances, with the aid of poor keeping?

Wouldn't be so sure the club isn't involved. We all remember the Wexford game a couple of years ago.

Happy morning to me...
    You really are a sad, pathetic man if it makes you happy that another team got knocked out of the cup or were POTENTIALLY involved in something sinister.

C'mon the Reds, let's put this behind us, get promoted and shut all the begrudgers up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    If anything that post supports the claims. 3 goals, from few chances, with the aid of poor keeping?

Wouldn't be so sure the club isn't involved. We all remember the Wexford game a couple of years ago.

Happy morning to me...
    You're just guessing though so I don't think its fair to bring the club into it without any proof.
    At the moment this all looks too suspicious to be ignored. I'm sickened by the thought of it and if its proven I hope the people involved are kicked out of the club and banned from football. If it turns out the club is involved (and I really don't think they are) then I'l accept any punishment thrown at us.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Rumour has it that the Pats squad are going to go on strike unless they get money from rigging a game as well.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Back to the football, decent game in drogs last night, have to admire the way drogs played, passed it about really good and coped very well with 10 men for the entire 2nd half, in which we were pure muck. Only hope is we cant be that bad for the replay on tuesday.
    Fair play. I thought we were really good before Hancock ruined the game, we could have been 3 or 4 up. What an absolute c*nt that man is. Belter of a game though, with a serious atmosphere. The noise at times was mental! the derbies have been very entertaining this season. Hopefully we get more of the same tuesday night. Could be a long night I fear! Kearns gone before then yeah?
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    You really are a sad, pathetic man if it makes you happy that another team got knocked out of the cup or were POTENTIALLY involved in something sinister.
    You do know this is a football forum, right? The only thing better than the above is your team winning.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    I half hope that our players had bet on Pats to win last night. It'd be almost scarier to think they were actually trying.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Plenty of crowd (bohs) trouble tonight.. a good bus load of them weren't allowed in and or thrown out, well over 10 police cars and a few paddy wagons got called in. Don't know if it was a case of gards over reacting or what but looked pretty excessive. we we're well on top after the opening exchanges and could have made it 2-0 but missed our chance, then got outclassed in the 2nd half, Hunt better be in nets next game thou, Rouse is a disaster..
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 28/08/2011 at 5:16 AM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    As regards the trouble it seems it was sparked by the Bohs fans that weren't let in. I believe some of them were identified by a Bohs official as people that were banned they then started kicking off prompting an overreaction from the guards who'd had an aggressive approach from the start. They called in back up and suddenly the place is swarmed with squad cars and paddy wagons, and dogs. Somebody counted 32 Garda vehicles for less than 20 apparent troublemakers. LTFC had no input into any Gardai decisions by the way and our club officials didn't have any problems with any Bohs fans they were dealing with.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Plenty of crowd (bohs) trouble tonight.. a good bus load of them weren't allowed in and or thrown out, well over 10 police cars and a few paddy wagons got called in. Don't know if it was a case of grads over reacting or what but looked pretty excessive. we we're well on top after the opening exchanges and could have made it 2-0 but missed our chance, then got outclassed in the 2nd half, Hunt better be in nets next game thou, Rouse is a disaster..
    Probably - all that time spent cooped up studying would drive anyone crazy.

14. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    You're just guessing though so I don't think its fair to bring the club into it without any proof.
    At the moment this all looks too suspicious to be ignored. I'm sickened by the thought of it and if its proven I hope the people involved are kicked out of the club and banned from football. If it turns out the club is involved (and I really don't think they are) then I'l accept any punishment thrown at us.
    Jacko Smyth was down at our game tonight apparently and he reckoned it was just goalkeeping error and great strikes. I know Mathews certainly wouldn't have had anything to do with it. Very very straight laced!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    As regards the trouble it seems it was sparked by the Bohs fans that weren't let in. I believe some of them were identified by a Bohs official as people that were banned they then started kicking off prompting an overreaction from the guards who'd had an aggressive approach from the start. They called in back up and suddenly the place is swarmed with squad cars and paddy wagons, and dogs. Somebody counted 32 Garda vehicles for less than 20 apparent troublemakers. LTFC had no input into any Gardai decisions by the way and our club officials didn't have any problems with any Bohs fans they were dealing with.
    Always good to hear that scum aren't getting into matches!! Fair play as well to the Bohs officials for pointing them out!!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Plenty of crowd (bohs) trouble tonight.. a good bus load of them weren't allowed in and or thrown out, well over 10 police cars and a few paddy wagons got called in. Don't know if it was a case of grads over reacting or what but looked pretty excessive. we we're well on top after the opening exchanges and could have made it 2-0 but missed our chance, then got outclassed in the 2nd half, Hunt better be in nets next game thou, Rouse is a disaster..
    Rouse made some great save and was great in claiming crosses/corners but he's so slow defo the slowest player I've ever seen even his walk out is slow he's usually second in the line coming out behind the captain but he's overtaken by everyone behind him haha, even the officials left the pitch before him today half the fans were in their cars and gone by the time he got into the tunnel

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I don't get it when you say that Longford officals had no problems with them. Surely the trouble makers 'kicking off' came after they were refused admission by Longford officials?

Your post screams Gardai over-reaction to a non-issue. If the trouble makers got a heavy reaction from the Gardai to their mis-behaviour maybe they deserved it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Alvin Rouse is a CLOWN.

That is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Jacko Smyth was down at our game tonight apparently and he reckoned it was just goalkeeping error and great strikes.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I don't get it when you say that Longford officals had no problems with them. Surely the trouble makers 'kicking off' came after they were refused admission by Longford officials?

Your post screams Gardai over-reaction to a non-issue. If the trouble makers got a heavy reaction from the Gardai to their mis-behaviour maybe they deserved it?
    They'd been sold tickets by Longford official then a Bohs official who was there to monitor their fans going in advised the club and the Gardai not to let the three or four identified individuals in. Their friends then objected along with those that weren't let in from what I'm told and the Bohs official was threatened by those same Bohs fans. The guards certainly didn't help things as they were being aggressive even with those that they did let in telling them to stop singing etc then bringing the dogs up to them etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    Ive seen sheriff play pike rovers in the F A I juinor cup went to extra time and pens pike won the last kick of the game,pike then go on and win the f.a i.juinor against st micks of tipp,sheriff where a stronger team.Pike then meet cup holders Silgo and nearly caused an upset,what im trying to say dont take the limelight of Sheriff a great result.
    To be or not to be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Well doe the Mons tonight,another bite at the cherry on Tuesday in Gortakeegan.Will Clarke and Quinn be eligible for the match ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Keith Quinn is some man for getting sent off - twice last year in about 4 appearances.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast