Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI cup matches w/e 29/8/11

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    What are FAI and, surely more importantly, UEFA and FIFA rules on (these as yet totally unproven allegations of) matchfixing?

CSFShels, are you sure it's as simple as just punishing the players involved but not the club? Does it have to involve the board for the club to be punished? I'm not disagreeing, I don't know what the answers are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I think, think, that Shels have to be deducted 25 points until they can 100% prove nothing untoward went on.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    What are FAI and, surely more importantly, UEFA and FIFA rules on (these as yet totally unproven allegations of) matchfixing?

CSFShels, are you sure it's as simple as just punishing the players involved but not the club? Does it have to involve the board for the club to be punished? I'm not disagreeing, I don't know what the answers are.
    Here's link (from Shelschat) suggesting that if only players are involved, the punishment is limited to the players.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...sid=87384.html

In the 2nd leg of a promotion-relegation playoff, Gabornia of the premier division bribed 6 players from Swit of the 1st division, and won 3-0. After investigation, Gabornia demoted, Swit promoted, 6 Swit players banned, 5 for life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I actually can't believe this!

What kind of greedy scumbag *******s would risk the club's and their reputation, and risk what is ironclad promotion at this stage for a few euro.

I'm actually shocked. Every single one of those involved should never play in this league again. They're a disgrace to Irish football.

In a week where we saw players leave everything on the line to bring our league success, we see these scum bring shame on it with pure and utter greed. It's sickening.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    UEFA monitor betting patterns of all domestic games, including national cup competitions, and given the fact that this was also being mentioned on English betting forums you'd expect alarm bells to be raised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I actually can't believe this!

What kind of greedy scumbag *******s would risk the club's and their reputation, and risk what is ironclad promotion at this stage for a few euro.

I'm actually shocked. Every single one of those involved should never play in this league again. They're a disgrace to Irish football.

In a week where we saw players leave everything on the line to bring our league success, we see these scum bring shame on it with pure and utter greed. It's sickening.
    If it's true and it affects our promotion hopes then I'll probably cry.

But, and it's a big but, the three goals Sheriff scored were spectacular. No dodgy tap ins or suspicious ogs. All 3 were from outside the box and aided by awful goalkeeping more than anything else. Not to say that's proof it wasn't fixed but Sheriff actually had very few clearcut chances bar those goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    If anything that post supports the claims. 3 goals, from few chances, with the aid of poor keeping?

Wouldn't be so sure the club isn't involved. We all remember the Wexford game a couple of years ago.

Happy morning to me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Not shocked by this but sickened. Disgraceful.
    Last edited by Magicme; 27/08/2011 at 11:44 AM.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hmmm, I don't really see the logic there to be honest. We didn't create chances for them was my point. The poor keeping was from Dean Delaney who's been at the club for years and if he's complicit I think he'd rather wish he was dead. Also, the Wexford game was a group of players, I've never heard any allegations that someone from the club was involved?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    If anything that post supports the claims. 3 goals, from few chances, with the aid of poor keeping?

Wouldn't be so sure the club isn't involved. We all remember the Wexford game a couple of years ago.

Happy morning to me...
    What's to be happy about?

Look, there was a thread on a Liverpool FC (ffs) website and 3.26 pm yesterday saying that the game would be thrown.
    http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthr...30#post6225530

There was also a thread on the lsl website starting at 9.26 am yesterday saying the same thing.
    http://www.freeforum101.com/lsl/view...ea5&mforum=lsl

No proof, of course, the liverpool thread starts with 'a taxi driver told me'.

Still, it's starting to walk like a duck.

The club needs to say something in public about this.
    Last edited by born2bwild; 27/08/2011 at 9:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    What's to be happy about?
    Pats are in quarter finals, and Shels aren't. Enough for me

Anyone who thinks match fixing isn't going on in every single country in the world is naive beyond belief

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeixlipRed View Post
    If it's true and it affects our promotion hopes then I'll probably cry.

But, and it's a big but, the three goals Sheriff scored were spectacular. No dodgy tap ins or suspicious ogs. All 3 were from outside the box and aided by awful goalkeeping more than anything else. Not to say that's proof it wasn't fixed but Sheriff actually had very few clearcut chances bar those goals.
    While I see your point, with the talk on betting sites it seems far too coincidental to not be fixed.

That's not to say ye gave away the goals, they sound like great goals. But it could mean that ye didn't try to score more/win after they scored them and also that if they hadn't scored amazing goals they may have found goals in other ways.....Maybe the excellent goals made it easy to fix, didnt have to try too hard?

Tbh, despite this being good for us if some of ye're players are penalised, I'd rather it weren't true. Because it makes me sick to think of scumbags with such obvious disregard for our league and the fans.

I hope for the sake of the fans that it's not true, and can be fully disproven, because I don't think I could support a team with that hanging over them, even if it can't be easily proven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Pats are in quarter finals, and Shels aren't. Enough for me

Anyone who thinks match fixing isn't going on in every single country in the world is naive beyond belief
    Yeah well I'm naive and I'm going to stay that way. Dishonesty, cheating and betrayal are still dishonesty, cheating and betrayal even if they're everywhere.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    So you're saying Philly Hughes at least is clean??
    Of course, until his penalty comes back into orbit at least.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Woke up with the most severe hangover and completely forgot about this last night. Absolutely distraught. I fear heading to ShelsChat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Back to the football, decent game in drogs last night, have to admire the way drogs played, passed it about really good and coped very well with 10 men for the entire 2nd half, in which we were pure muck. Only hope is we cant be that bad for the replay on tuesday.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Hello all. I'm a noob on here, although a few will know me from the BTID forum.

I'm still trying to digest these allegations. I know nothing has been proven, but there seems to be a groundswell of opinion that it appears that something seriously dodgy went on. I hope not. Just as LOI PR was on the up...

Thinking about it in practical terms, there couldn't be that much money involved, surely? Would there be enough to pay several players a decent wedge? Who would risk their reputation for the kind of money we are talking about? I just can't see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    There are enough stupid people around, and they've been seen at shels before. A few players a few years ago against Wexford did similar I believe?

It probably started out with them decided they needed to focus on promotion, not on the cups. From that a few players decided, sure let's put a few quid on and make some money out of it, sure we'll lose anyway or something stupid like that. One or more of them is incapable of keeping their mouths shut and tells friends. Word spreads quickly, loads of people get on the bet and bookies suspend betting. They probably never thought about risking reputation and probably rightly believed it'd be impossible to prove anything anyway.

If it happened..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    and Alex Williams, Mickey Collins, or Chris Turner are not even at Shels

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast