Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Where should Rovers ply their Euro games?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tallaght Stadium for all games

52 71.23%
  • RDS for all games

9 12.33%
  • Aviva Stadium for all games

8 10.96%
  • RDS for the Spurs game, Tallaght for the rest

3 4.11%
  • Aviva Stadium for the Spurs game, RDS for the rest

6 8.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tallaght Stadium or Aviva Stadium for Shamrock RVS??

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Just said it in the other thread but the presenters on Sky Sports News just said games will be in Landsdowne.
    They jumped the gun, apparently a Spurs official was saying it was possible and they took it up wrong anyway I would love Spurs V Rovers in the Aviva but as said above the other 2 games may not be a crowd puller and as you have to play all 3 games there its risky so the RDS sounds like a good option in terms of capacity but unfortunately its a kip.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    RDS is fine, I've been to a couple of Leinster games last year and it was good. They do it well for team sports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    They jumped the gun, apparently a Spurs official was saying it was possible and they took it up wrong anyway I would love Spurs V Rovers in the Aviva but as said above the other 2 games may not be a crowd puller and as you have to play all 3 games there its risky so the RDS sounds like a good option in terms of capacity but unfortunately its a kip.
    Like I mentioned somewhere else, the rovers chairman was on the radio saying they are going to try and expand Tallagh in time to play the games at home, they've already been in contact with uefa and the local council about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Like I mentioned somewhere else, the rovers chairman was on the radio saying they are going to try and expand Tallagh in time to play the games at home, they've already been in contact with uefa and the local council about it
    I don't see how, in the current financial climate, a council can afford to spend large amounts of money so they can play a few football games in Tallaght.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiocfaidhArmani View Post
    I don't see how, in the current financial climate, a council can afford to spend large amounts of money so they can play a few football games in Tallaght.
    rovers might stump up a large portion of the cash as they would make it back in the gate receipts, didn't sligo get in temp seating for their europa game? Even thou I thought temp seating wasn't allowed

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    If its in Tallaght at 10-12,000 hopefully it would sell out each time, with the likes of us general LOI fans not getting in (taking a ticket from a die hard rovers fan would be unfair anyways), limited tickets for away fans (ie irish spurs fans) and an intimidating atmosphere created...

If it were in Lansdowne it may sell out for the spurs game but how much at max would be rover fans 20,000 max? The rest would be loi fans might cheer on rovers but wudnt contribute much to the intimadating atmosphere and then spurs fans for the rest....it would probly be detrimental to rovers chances overall....

That said id love to make a massive banner for LOI fans so that the tvs could pick up "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB" and/or groups of pats/derry/bohs jerseys etc

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky12345678 View Post
    If its in Tallaght at 10-12,000 hopefully it would sell out each time, with the likes of us general LOI fans not getting in (taking a ticket from a die hard rovers fan would be unfair anyways), limited tickets for away fans (ie irish spurs fans) and an intimidating atmosphere created...
    I'd imagine there will be a few thousand Spurs fans keen on travelling over from London. Rovers will have to allocate a certain proportion of their tickets to Spurs, as per UEFA regulations, and I can only assume that it will be through Spurs that any Irish Spurs fans hoping to attend will have to get their tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    To be precise, article 14 of the competition's regulations states that 5 per cent of tickets must be allocated to the visiting club:

14.08 All clubs in the UEFA club competitions must make at least 5% of the total capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase up to 200 top-category tickets (unless otherwise agreed between the two clubs in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Talaght with the two temp stands would be great - 10000 real Rovers & LOI fans & keeping the away capacity to a minimum - would be a properly intimidating atmosphere for the visiting teams IMO.

Not really bothered about trying the Aviva TBH, so don't know what the atmosphere could be like there (was fun at the Deportivo game, but that's old school)

RDS is OK main stand lacks something but I like the noise you can get from the big Temp stand, but the burgers are way overpriced(!)
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    [QUOTE=DannyInvincible;1524749]I'd imagine there will be a few thousand Spurs fans keen on travelling over from London. Rovers will have to allocate a certain proportion of their tickets to Spurs, as per UEFA regulations, [QUOTE]

exactly. 5% of 50,000 = 2,500
    5% of 10,000 = 500
    With landsdown rovers wont sell 47,500 tickets to die hard rovers fans where is in tallaght theyd sell 9500...that was my point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    Talaght with the two temp stands would be great - 10000 real Rovers & LOI fans & keeping the away capacity to a minimum - would be a properly intimidating atmosphere for the visiting teams IMO.
    I admire the sentiment but realistically I think over the course of 6 matches it's unlikely Rovers will finish in the top two, I think their priority should be to extract as much money from this adventure as they can. There's no point in expanding Tallaght either temporarily or permenently to a size that's far bigger than is generally required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    I admire the sentiment but realistically I think over the course of 6 matches it's unlikely Rovers will finish in the top two, I think their priority should be to extract as much money from this adventure as they can. There's no point in expanding Tallaght either temporarily or permenently to a size that's far bigger than is generally required.
    I'd say the opposite. You always have to aim for the stars, if they hadn't they probably wouldn't have gotten this far. They're a football team, they and their fans should be given the circumstances to do the best they possibly can from a football point of view. They'll make enough money off it anyway.

As a fan, I know I'd hate to leave our home for the biggest games we've ever played in. It'd be like cheating! Unless there was no other choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I'd say the opposite. You always have to aim for the stars, if they hadn't they probably wouldn't have gotten this far. They're a football team, they and their fans should be given the circumstances to do the best they possibly can from a football point of view. They'll make enough money off it anyway.

As a fan, I know I'd hate to leave our home for the biggest games we've ever played in. It'd be like cheating! Unless there was no other choice.
    The four team group format is designed to weed out the smaller teams. It's much more difficult to emerge over better teams through six stand alone games than it is a two legged cup tie. If I were a Rovers fan I'd be hoping to make as large a stack of money as possible so it can be reinvested to bring more opportunities like this in the future. I see the merits or you're point of view but I don't agree it would be like cheating.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Spurs and Rubin will go through, but picking up 5 points and finishing ahead of PAOK will be the aim. Rovers are well capable of it. I have to admit I'm with PS on this, don't overdo the Tallaght thing, go to the RDS, average 12-14,000 per game and it'll be great. Rovers will bring 1/3 of the capacity with their own group, Spurs and LOI fans, and floaters, will fill it for that match. They'll get in excess of 12,000 for Rubin (anyone who wants to watch good football has to go - even if our journos have to rely on Wiki or UEFA for info right now). With PAOK, it could be a bust, they'll struggle to get 10,000 in. Plus the RDS will look good on tv, the visitors will like it, it's accessible, gets more fans in than Tallaght and economically (I can be proved wrong a little on this) it will cost about 75,000e to rent and staff. The Aviva is a multiple of this I believe.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiocfaidhArmani View Post
    Absolutely spot on there Tioc.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Re: Spurs travelling support. When I lived in England it struck me what a great away following Spurs have - regardless of the opposition, they took 6,000 to a cup match at Leicester a few years back. If the game is at the RDS and they are given an end then they will have no problem selling out 3-4,000 to their English based fans alone. Taking in to account the core Rovers support of 3-4,000 of whom a large percentage will buy tickets for others, then they should sell-out the RDS. I don't know the cost figures for the aviva but i'd imagine with security costs, etc., Rovers would need c.25,000 to make a good aviva profit. The best of luck to them btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I don't think Lansdowne is an option as all three home games have to be played at the same stadium. Anyone know when we'll hear confirmation on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maksimir View Post
    Re: Spurs travelling support. When I lived in England it struck me what a great away following Spurs have - regardless of the opposition, they took 6,000 to a cup match at Leicester a few years back. If the game is at the RDS and they are given an end then they will have no problem selling out 3-4,000 to their English based fans alone. Taking in to account the core Rovers support of 3-4,000 of whom a large percentage will buy tickets for others, then they should sell-out the RDS. I don't know the cost figures for the aviva but i'd imagine with security costs, etc., Rovers would need c.25,000 to make a good aviva profit. The best of luck to them btw.

Spurs will bring a huge crowd. It's a new European destination, a new team, it's close by, and Dublin is seen in England as a very nice city in which to spend a couple of days (similar to how Galway would be viewed in Dublin)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Plus the RDS will look good on tv, the visitors will like it, it's accessible, gets more fans in than Tallaght and economically (I can be proved wrong a little on this) it will cost about 75,000e to rent and staff. The Aviva is a multiple of this I believe.
    Is that 75k per game or for 3 games?
    To put it another way - that's 5000 adults at €15/ticket - so you have to get in 5001 adults more than you will in tallaght before it is economical to move to RDS.
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I'd like to see them play in Tallaght. Gives them as good a chance as possible. Also, it limits the barstooler brigade that might go and cheer against Rovers. The need to have the same ground for all three makes Tallaght likely as well.

In terms of paying rent for the other grounds, sure what's the big deal? Rovers are well used to paying rent
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast