Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Away to Athlone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Aye, nobody wants players to have it too easy and perhaps at times people got on that were nowhere near the required standard. We dont want willy nilly appearances. I just feel that Felix has helped a few of these bucks move on and I feel they couldve had a big part to play in the future of the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr DJ View Post
    I think I can cite the travelling arrangements to the match where himself and McQ were in charge as an example.
    I may be wrong, but I believe the club sort out travel arrangements?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    3 of them came from Sligo Rovers, the other from Galway United.
    They also came from Sligo A League, they most certainly lumped the ball when I saw them the past 3 seasons

The comments have all been about the game.

The management team is doing a fine job, we're improving all the time, there is no problemo there.
    I have yet to see any side get promoted from this sh!t hole of a division playing attractive (bar UCD in '09), I dont care if we are a team of hoof merchants as long as we get results.

Are you suggesting that these Sligo lads are the key to getting us promoted? Sorry but that's waaayyyy off.
    Rovers A team certainly didnt lump the ball this season, having finished a whole 8 points ahead of finn harps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr DJ View Post
    Redmond had been completely overlooked. .
    Marty only signed 1st July 2011.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinf View Post
    Rovers A team certainly didnt lump the ball this season, having finished a whole 8 points ahead of finn harps
    In Sligo ye did. It certainly wasn't the flowing football yer 1st team play.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    bad day at the office that day alright.

has devaney inpressed more than anyone up there? played all 3 games, all 90 minutes hasnt he?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Out of the 3 sligo lads, I'd probably rate Devaney the highest. Scored a great goal on his debut and worked hard and thought he had a good game in Athlone. Would still rather Chief in there though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinf View Post
    bad day at the office that day alright.

has devaney inpressed more than anyone up there? played all 3 games, all 90 minutes hasnt he?
    Devaney certainly looks the best of the three Sligo guys alright. He has started all three games, but was substituted in the Mervue and Athlone games.
    Up the Harps!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He looks the best because he has had more match time, O Mahoney in a under age international and Mcgoldrick scored 30 puls goals last year for the u18s, the A team, and the first team. Give them a chance;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Devaney is yellow as feck. O'Mahoney just looks clumsy and too small although I haven't seen much of him yet, McGoldrick just hasn't put in the effort, is too light, shaked off the ball easy, and I can't see where this glowing reference comes from. He may have scored loads of goals at A level and u-18 level, but we all know the step up to senior football is a different story altogether, as we have seen at Harps, only in the last few years players that shined at A level like Moran, McMenamin et all just didnt cut it at senior level.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair points Nigel; Mc Goldrick is only 19, His Glowing References comes from his ability to score, but as you know any goal scorer needs a good supply, and thats something Harps dont have in mid field, Thats the reason you havent been scoring goals, If you hadnt Kevin Mc where would you be; For me one of the best forwards in the country; Just saying give him a chance, He,ll prove you wrong, Thats why Rovers have him on a 2 year contract; they see the potential, Best of luck and hope you finish well, You have a big season next year, Try and get out of that **** division;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123