Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irish football fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Irish sports fans (bar tennis) would generally be pretty good value for money. Foreign cities love getting them in as they drink, eat, sing and as a rule are trouble free. In the stadium they cheer, follow the match and don't go in for this bullcrap you see on the continent. It never ceases to amaze me how hordes of sheep are led in their "singing" and one half of them watch what the others are doing while the ones being watched are off their faces or oblivious to what's happening on the pitch. Yet this is what passes for colour and atmosphere. They don't follow the game, there is no ebb and flow of noise, nothing like we would experience with Irish crowds (and to a similiar extent British). In Germany the fans are a mix, they like to be led but not to the extent where the fakers in Italy, Spain, Russia etc go. I would defy anyone who goes to a German league/cup match not to enjoy it, it is way above the sky leagues and the standard of football on display better, and more even.
    Russian fans are fakers? They're fyckin lunatics but fakers?

Well, maybe, Spud, but I would love if Ireland got to Ukraine next summer - it'd be just the best. With the price of booze as it is, half of the support wouldn't go back home to Ireland.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Jesus the polish are some fans the fans that of course brought us the poznan but ye I often wonder are they even concentrating on the game haha.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    Russian fans are fakers? They're fyckin lunatics but fakers?

Well, maybe, Spud, but I would love if Ireland got to Ukraine next summer - it'd be just the best. With the price of booze as it is, half of the support wouldn't go back home to Ireland.
    Lunatics, yes, but fakers also. I detest the so called "ultras" with european clubs, in Russia you go to a match and they're busy orchestrating singing while the action takes place unknown to them. In Croatia it's not quite as bad, in fact, I can say that the 2 main groups I've had experience with, make that, 3, Bad Blue Boys, Torcida and Funcuti, they follow the match and the energy, and noise, ebbs and flows. In Russia they just don't get sport.

I agree about going to Ukraine, I'm going to Uzbekistan in a couple of weeks, actually mid-September, and there the price of booze is the same, but actually quite good. However Ukranian food and beer - hmm, even the spirits. Now I can't remember the name of the spirit made with peppers - it's not really hot, but by god it's tasty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Now I can't remember the name of the spirit made with peppers - it's not really hot, but by god it's tasty!
    ah man, huge Ukranian population in Saskatchewan and they have a Ukranian bar here where they sell that stuff. Id steer clear if you've already had enough - nearly heaved me guts up after slamming it back... (cant remember the name either).
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Does nobody else feel that in a lot of these cases where you have ultras and big fan displays that the game itself is almost incidental?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12