Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graham Burke

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Graham Burke

This guy was part of the U19 squad in the recent championships, although didnt play much of a part. Appears to be doing very well for Villa in their pre season and hopefully is one that will be worth keeping an eye on over the next couple of years.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetai...410588,00.html

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Missed out on the final squad in the end. He is eligible I tink again this season. Their are 2 under 19 friendlies in serbia I think this week he may be involved. I think villa might have 5 players involved at under 19s with us this season i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts

Graham Burke

Makes the bench for Villa today, so he gets a thread. A bit surprised after seeing him a few times for the reserves last year given the options they have, though he is versatile and can play up top or in the midfield.
    Last edited by theworm2345; 18/08/2012 at 2:17 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    was on the bench a few times last season too, but never made it on to the pitch
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    A very silky ball player dont think he would be a 15 goal a season man but has the technique to be a top creative player

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    A very silky ball player dont think he would be a 15 goal a season man but has the technique to be a top creative player
    Similar to what I said last year, excellent footballer,lovely touches, good vision, doesn't bang goals for fun but the best Irish prospect at villa out of Stevens, Burke, Drennen and curruthers in my opinion, very neat player

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Similar to what I said last year, excellent footballer,lovely touches, good vision, doesn't bang goals for fun but the best Irish prospect at villa out of Stevens, Burke, Drennen and curruthers in my opinion, very neat player
    Agree. Villa really is doing great for us at moment. Devine is back this year after been out all last season and captained villa 19s in next gen last week.Drennan has started season/preseason real well and is scoring regularly I think he might be a good goalscorer still under 19 for us this year.This time last year dreenan was back in kilkeney and looked like he had packed it in. Grealish is an excellent player been playing in the hole bit this preseason which i think will be his position to get him more involved than on the wing. Think we will see all these this season and also carruthers unless villa have relegation type season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Drennan bagged one and set up one again yesterday for the villa 21s, Stevens with an assist...no Burke in the squad from what I'm seeing, unsure what this will mean for the weekend as i imagine he would of played if he was going to be involved against everton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Agree. Villa really is doing great for us at moment. Devine is back this year after been out all last season and captained villa 19s in next gen last week.Drennan has started season/preseason real well and is scoring regularly I think he might be a good goalscorer still under 19 for us this year.This time last year dreenan was back in kilkeney and looked like he had packed it in. Grealish is an excellent player been playing in the hole bit this preseason which i think will be his position to get him more involved than on the wing. Think we will see all these this season and also carruthers unless villa have relegation type season.
    Its interesting that Drennan is performing so well. I saw him play probably 3-4 times last year and was unimpressed each time. From what I recall his main attribute is that he is good in the air.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    On for his debut as a second-half substitute with Villa 3-0 up on Tranmere.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    solid performance by him tonight, good movement,
    worked himself into good positions and decent shot...
    like this player a lot....needs footballers around him to grow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    solid performance by him tonight, good movement,
    worked himself into good positions and decent shot...
    like this player a lot....needs footballers around him to grow
    Very true, just like sehx; it's very limited what you can lean if only play with yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    OK, I'll get me coat!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Interesting deadline day for Burke. Villa have brought in a potential headcase called Bertenke from Genk and Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield, while Nathan Delfounso has gone on loan to Blackpool. Could be in line for an appearance tomorrow at least.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Interesting deadline day for Burke. Villa have brought in a potential headcase called Bertenke from Genk and Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield, while Nathan Delfounso has gone on loan to Blackpool. Could be in line for an appearance tomorrow at least.
    Yeah Bowery is the only one who may possibly be eligible for the weekend and happy to see Burke wasn't farmed out.

Team for the Newcastle game on sunday will be hard to call. Having lost to west ham with a 4231 and hammered by Everton with a 442 hard to know what formation he will go with.

They used diamond midweek with 2 up front when he came on but a number of the players that are probably ahead of him in the pecking order didn't play.

Lambert really has some decisions to make for this one to try and avoid a 3rd loss on the trot which would be a terrible start.

Burke is defo not to far away from some league time thou.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Didn't Delfounso start last week? Or at least he came on before Burke. Hopefully it means he's going up the pecking order. Lambert clearly isn't afraid to throw young players in if he thinks they have the right attributes, so that will count in his favour.

I suspect he will be loaned about before the loan deadline, but I think Lambert is savvy enough to send him to a club that will suit his skill set and develop him the right way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Yeah Bowery is the only one who may possibly be eligible for the weekend and happy to see Burke wasn't farmed out.
    I've been watching Bowery since he first broke through for Chesterfield (I believe it was in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy he scored his first goal)...I don't think he's ready for the Premier League yet.
    My Guarantee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    On for his second senior appearance
    My Guarantee

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Piece I did on Burke and the Irish young lads at Villa:
    http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/...at-aston-villa

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Nice article Fox. You could be on that podcast that featured POSH.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

22. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast