Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Shels fans views to the possibility of Shels getting promotion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Non-Shels fans views to the possibility of Shels getting promotion

We're ten points ahead with eleven games left, it's looking good, don't want to tempt faith, but what's the opinion of those in the Premier to Shels being back in about it. It seems ages since we last were in the top flight. Folk looking forward to the trips to Tolka again and resuming old battles?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiocfaidhArmani View Post
    We're ten points ahead with eleven games left, it's looking good, don't want to tempt faith, but what's the opinion of those in the Premier to Shels being back in about it. It seems ages since we last were in the top flight. Folk looking forward to the trips to Tolka again and resuming old battles?

Be great , even better if u replaced UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    will Tolka have any work done to it if you go up? not sure if it would be able to take a big crowd with rival fan anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiocfaidhArmani View Post
    There is no doubt Shelbourne deserve to go up,they have been knocking on the door for a while. Personally I would rather Cork City go up as they would bring more to the league , large support , decent ground .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I'd agree, Tolka (its sad to say) is now a kip .... Facilities are brutal for visiting fans. I'd still go myself to be fair but i cant if i have kids with me.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuyahoga View Post
    There is no doubt Shelbourne deserve to go up,they have been knocking on the door for a while. Personally I would rather Cork City go up as they would bring more to the league , large support , decent ground .

how many going up this year and are galway staying up or playoff (if they dont disolve)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    If Shels don't go up, I would be shocked. They are definitely the most consistent team in the division (as the table shows obviously). While I haven't seen them play live this season, it seems that Cassidy and Hughes score every week, they must be fairly handy.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Shelbourne can only add to the premier and their return will be well received.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyleeds View Post
    how many going up this year and are galway staying up or playoff (if they dont disolve)?
    The FAI have not formally announced this.

It is assumed from comments made by Fran Gavin last November that the top two are automatic promotions and 3rd place team play bottom (Galway) in the oremier for the remaining place.

Of course it could be decided by the amount of Aviva season tickets bought by a club, or how well behaved the clubs in contention have been in the FAI's eyes (Limerick have no hope btw)

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Ok im Biased as a Cork city fan but i think we are better for the prem than them but for both of us to go up is good. As a 3rd team Limerick or Mons. Mons currently have a nicer ground, Better run club but dont have huge potential while Limerick have great plans for Markets Field and Great Potential but i would be cautious it seems a lot like, Fingal's great plans etc. that we have seen fail and similar situations at other clubs.
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The FAI have not formally announced this.

It is assumed from comments made by Fran Gavin last November that the top two are automatic promotions and 3rd place team play bottom (Galway) in the oremier for the remaining place.

Of course it could be decided by the amount of Aviva season tickets bought by a club, or how well behaved the clubs in contention have been in the FAI's eyes (Limerick have no hope btw)

would be good if that was the case and Shels and Cork came up with Mons beating Galway in playoff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I feel responsible. Every year since 2007 I've predicted Shels to walk away with the title from the start..only for the hilarity to ensue. This time I stayed quiet and they might get there..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Shels on the pitch deserve to be in the Premier on merit. It's simple as that, theres grounds in the Premier worse off that Tolka.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    One chicken, two chicken...

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Personally, I'm sick of the sight of the Dublin, and the N2 and M1 generally.
    Including Ireland matches, I'll be at an east coast match 24 times this season. And with Galway probably getting relegated this season, it's not really going to get better.

Nothing against Shels, actually quite like our matches against them, it's just that variety in away trips match makes a season so much more craic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyleeds View Post

The top 2 going up automatically . Team in the first division that finishes 3rd in the first will face the team that finishes bottom of the premier division in a playoff over one game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Personally, I'm sick of the sight of the Dublin, and the N2 and M1 generally.
    Including Ireland matches, I'll be at an east coast match 24 times this season. And with Galway probably getting relegated this season, it's not really going to get better.

Nothing against Shels, actually quite like our matches against them, it's just that variety in away trips match makes a season so much more craic.
    Just occured to me that I probably won't have a trip to Galway next year, barring an impressive resurgence. That's a nice enough trip, lovely city. Though my gripe isn't quite as severe as yours, I can imagine that the amount of repetitive trips would be annoying.

In answer to the original question, I wont complain to see Shels back. Hopefully ye'll bring good numbers to the Carlisle.. though I hope ye all leave dissapointed

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Good luck to Shels. I can't see you not getting promoted - the consistency you've had since you got Matthes as manager has been excellent.

Tolka is old and crumbling, but meet PD standards surely. From my trips there, a lot of the seats would need to bre replaced - broken seats everywhere, and I think the seats at the uncovered end have been exposed to the elements for too long - the whole section really doesn't look great.

On the issue of food - are there plans/facilities there for having food available for away fans? Kind of a funny situation last season where the Shels and Limerick 'hard' lads roared abuse, taunts and threats at each other all the first half, then the barrier was taken down at halftime and the Limerick lads walked right past the end stand to get their food (without any incident whatsoever as far as I could see). After the barriers were put back up when the second half started, all the abuse and threats started again, from behind the safety of the barrier.
    Last edited by osarusan; 04/08/2011 at 1:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Having visited Tolka numerous times in the last few season it will not be something for visiting fans to look forward to.

In my opinion Shelbourne were loss to the Premier division when they left. They were everything that was wrong with the league for 10 + years.

Teams like Cork and Derry were far greater losses.
    Yeah man, they call gambling a disease, but it's the only disease where you can win a bunch of money.

22. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast