Coonagh Utd
    Glenview
    Knockainey B
    Lisnagry
    Newport B
    Parkville
    Shannon Town B
    St.Pauls

This looks like it will be a very tough division. Lisnagry from the off will be favourites but going by last season Ballylanders, Shannon T and Newport will all be strong. Coonagh have signed a few new players and look a lot stronger this season. I don't know what they will be like but Aisling, Parkville and St.Pauls are always decent enough teams too. Glenview lost a lot of players last year and struggled but they may have got players back this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Aisling Annacotty C
    Ballylanders
    Coonagh Utd
    Glenview
    Knockainey B
    Lisnagry
    Newport B
    Parkville
    Shannon Town B
    St.Pauls

This looks like it will be a very tough division. Lisnagry from the off will be favourites but going by last season Ballylanders, Shannon T and Newport will all be strong. Coonagh have signed a few new players and look a lot stronger this season. I don't know what they will be like but Aisling, Parkville and St.Pauls are always decent enough teams too. Glenview lost a lot of players last year and struggled but they may have got players back this year.
    has this been confirmed as teams ,, as shannon hibs / regional/ wembley / star / capamore were all in this division last year ? Also carew park got relegated from 2b and it looks like coonagh & shannon town & newport all promoted after finishing 3rd/4th/5th last year in 3b ??
    Last edited by old git; 03/08/2011 at 3:09 PM.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    has this been confirmed as teams ,, as shannon hibs / regional/ wembley / star / capamore were all in this division last year ? Also carew park got relegated from 2b and it looks like coonagh & shannon town & newport all promoted after finishing 3rd/4th/5th last year in 3b ??
    Ya thats confirmed. All those teams have come up from division 3B. I know Wembley B are gone all together and I presume the rest have moved up to 2B. Not sure about Carew Park B...gone also maybe? The same has happened with 4 going up from divison 4 to 3B which has left division 4 with only 8 teams. I have heard 7 teams have been pulled this season and there might be even more than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Ya thats confirmed. All those teams have come up from division 3B. I know Wembley B are gone all together and I presume the rest have moved up to 2B. Not sure about Carew Park B...gone also maybe? The same has happened with 4 going up from divison 4 to 3B which has left division 4 with only 8 teams. I have heard 7 teams have been pulled this season and there might be even more than that.
    thats mad stuff and more than likely league have not told most clubs what is going on with leagues ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    thats mad stuff and more than likely league have not told most clubs what is going on with leagues ?
    Ya we only found out today. Most teams are probably only finding out at the moment. I know of a few teams that probably would have prefered to stay where they are than be moved up. Charleville where allowed to stay in division 3A last season even though they should have moved up so i'm suprised clubs weren't contacted about the possiblity of moving up or staying put. Its done now so we just have to get on with the season a head.

It happened two years ago as well. I remember playing in division 3B and the next year 6 or 7 teams from 3B played in 3A the following season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charleville boy View Post
    we werent allowed stayd in da division dat year at all weston nd kilmallock went up..we got points taken off us so we ended up finishing 4th i think..
    Sure ye finished third, and caherdavin fourth but caherdavin went up to 2b before pulling the team, makes no difference anyway cause i dont think LDMC would listen(nothing new) if any team had a problem with the division they have been put in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charleville boy View Post
    we werent allowed stayd in da division dat year at all weston nd kilmallock went up..we got points taken off us so we ended up finishing 4th i think..
    Ya Grinder is right. Caherdavin B finished 4th and Charleville 3rd but Caherdavin where told they where moved up to 2B before pulling out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Fixtures released for the 1st few games in the division:

Saturday August 20th (All Games Kick Off 6.30pm)
    O’Neills Soccer League Div 3A
    Knockainey B V Parkville
    St Pauls V Newport B
    Shannon Town V Aisling Annacotty C
    Ballylanders V Coonagh A
    Glenview V Lisnagry

Tuesday August 23rd (All Games Kick Off 6.30pm)
    Newport B V Knockainey B
    Aisling Annacotty C V Parkville, Kilonan,
    Coonagh A V St Pauls
    Lisnagry V Shannon Town
    Glenview V Ballylanders

Best of luck to everyone for the year

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Saturday August 20th
    Knockainey B 2-2 Parkville
    St Pauls 1-2 Newport B
    Shannon Town 3-1 Aisling Annacotty C
    Ballylanders V Coonagh A
    Glenview 0-4 Lisnagry

Tuesday August 23rd (All Games Kick Off 6.30pm)
    Newport B 2-1 Knockainey B
    Aisling Annacotty C 1-1 Parkville, Kilonan,
    Coonagh A V St Pauls
    Lisnagry 3-1 Shannon Town
    Glenview 1-3 Ballylanders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Predicting already Should be interesting to see how many of them work out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisionmaker View Post
    Predicting already Should be interesting to see how many of them work out
    Ya most of them i've just tried to go by last season but sometimes that can be way off.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Newport will be strong this season, they have only signed 14 A team players and a lot of the key players that got them promoted two seasons ago have been stabbed in the back for blow ins from Annacotty. B Team management will be very happy with the experienced players that have been demoted to play in a division that they are levels above there quality but will just have to see will they fight for their position and try get back on A panel or will they be happy to go through the motions and finish out their careers. Can't see anyone beating Lisnagry, seen them last year, very strong team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newport legend View Post
    Newport will be strong this season, they have only signed 14 A team players and a lot of the key players that got them promoted two seasons ago have been stabbed in the back for blow ins from Annacotty. B Team management will be very happy with the experienced players that have been demoted to play in a division that they are levels above there quality but will just have to see will they fight for their position and try get back on A panel or will they be happy to go through the motions and finish out their careers. Can't see anyone beating Lisnagry, seen them last year, very strong team.
    I agree that Lisnagry will be the team to beat. They are always strong...and the last 2 years that we have been in their division they have been too strong for us. Last year they fairly walked the league and didn't even lose a game. Just dominated really.

Shannon Town team wont be as strong as last year at all. Lost numerous top players in key positions and the players coming in haven't really replaced the quality we have lost unfortunately.

Under new management now aswell so hopefully the new managers can shake things up and produce the results with the players we have coming in. First round of matchs should be interesting to see how teams are shaping up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I agree that Lisnagry will be the team to beat. They are always strong...and the last 2 years that we have been in their division they have been too strong for us. Last year they fairly walked the league and didn't even lose a game. Just dominated really.

Shannon Town team wont be as strong as last year at all. Lost numerous top players in key positions and the players coming in haven't really replaced the quality we have lost unfortunately.

Under new management now aswell so hopefully the new managers can shake things up and produce the results with the players we have coming in. First round of matchs should be interesting to see how teams are shaping up.
    who are the numerous top players in key positions shannon town have lost.. seen 1st half of game last week in wesley webb and ye had 4-5 subs on the line as well.. and as you said new manager is bringing in new players also.

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    who are the numerous top players in key positions shannon town have lost.. seen 1st half of game last week in wesley webb and ye had 4-5 subs on the line as well.. and as you said new manager is bringing in new players also.
    I think a few have stepped up to their A team old git. Other than that I'd say decisionmaker is playing shannon town down and keeping his cards close to his chest ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well we lost Chris Lake and Pa Madden to the A team. Chris Lake on his own won some amount of games on his own for us last year. He nearly wouldnt be out of place playing in the Premier let alone 3B as he was last year. Lost our centre midfielder in Paddy McDonagh whose moved to England. Also last year we had 3 good left footed players in Gerry Kelly, Terry Kerr and Peter Power and now all 3 are gone. Lost Leon Harty too. And we had Eoin Slattery in goals too who hasn't come back to us.....

So just saying we have lost some good players.....hopefully we can get over it and push on but I just think we will be lacking that something we had last year and not as competitive as we been in the league for the last two years.

Believe me gents.....I hope I am wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Well we lost Chris Lake and Pa Madden to the A team. Chris Lake on his own won some amount of games on his own for us last year. He nearly wouldnt be out of place playing in the Premier let alone 3B as he was last year. Lost our centre midfielder in Paddy McDonagh whose moved to England. Also last year we had 3 good left footed players in Gerry Kelly, Terry Kerr and Peter Power and now all 3 are gone. Lost Leon Harty too. And we had Eoin Slattery in goals too who hasn't come back to us.....

So just saying we have lost some good players.....hopefully we can get over it and push on but I just think we will be lacking that something we had last year and not as competitive as we been in the league for the last two years.

Believe me gents.....I hope I am wrong
    lake is a big loss but very unfair on rest of team to say he won a major amount of games on his own last year !! its a team game . pa madden was playing a& b team last year so you would not have had him on a regular basis, is keano playing as well as managing this year !! if so he will be a bonus to team and you have signed a new keeper who was playing 2a last year best of luck for new season .

" football is a simple game "

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    lisnagry 14 glenview 0 glenview only had 8 players blown up after 40 min
    was moved from glenview to lisnagry last night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in