Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SPA Players Unhappy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

SPA Players Unhappy

Don't know what bonuses they were promised but they obviously feel let down.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6317/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Promised none as none in their contracts (we werent in Europe when most signed). Asked for some money as they would need time off from their jobs and had holidays booked.

Club wouldnt respond to them and unfortunatlety its come to the above. Mahon unhappy club aint doing **** about it and well aware of the above.
    5-0

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    Club wouldnt respond to them and unfortunatlety its come to the above.
    It would be strange in the extreme if the club simply refused to respond to the proposals. It seems from the players statement that perhaps the club did respond but not to the players satisfaction.

Following a written proposal concerning loss of earnings and European bonuses on Monday 25 July 2011 we have not received a satisfactory response from the board of St Patrick’s Athletic Football Club. Despite numerous requests the club has refused to get into any meaningful discussions with the players and its representatives the PFAI.
    Perhaps the club declined to get involved in discussions with the PFAI?

I have the feeling that things are not completely as they appear from this statement. Surely Euro bonuses were sorted out before the 2nd leg of their 3rd Euro tie?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    There is no euro bonus, club wont talk to the players about one.
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Club won't take 'meaningfully' about it.

Club insiders say players were told it'd be discussed after Europe.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Other club insiders say we made 319K(inc ticket sales) so far from the Euro run which was told to the players thats next years wages(way to motivate the team). We borrowed for kazaks but on the strength of UEFA monies paid in November the loan will be paid by Dec. We have 0 revenue coming from anything other than tickets and shop. We are not even bothering to looking for matchday or Euro Sponsors, we got Investec via charity from Special Ks mates. Its like a slow moving train wreck with super Euro results and ****ing awesome league performances. I reckon we have around 8 days left till we truly truly ****ed, if Pete walks then...jesus

Now where do i stick my head in the sand? is there a specific LOI type of sand for this or will any sand do ?
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Other club insiders say we made 319K(inc ticket sales)
    Seems unlikely!

3 Rounds of Prize Money @ €90k plus €10k prep = €280k (which wont be seen till end of the year) plus Ticket sales (say €60k) over the 3 games.

The travel to away games must be well in excess of €100k (probably closer to €150k)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    I reckon we have around 8 days left till we truly truly ****ed, if Pete walks then...jesus
    sorry man, not sure what you mean by this? Did you mean financially?

Now where do i stick my head in the sand? is there a specific LOI type of sand for this or will any sand do ?
    any sand will do. The denser the sand, the better.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    This sounds remarkably like what happened with Samara 2 years ago. They came to Dublin under a cloud and left under one too. If there is nothing in the contracts, then the club are in the right. The PFAI have nothing to talk about, though they will posture and preen and end up causing more trouble. I am certain the club will "sort out" the players in some way, though this kind of nonsense is going to put an even darker hue on the LOI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Players are unconcerned with clubs survival only there own pocket tell them to **** off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Dissapointing that this type of crap is raising its head again (remember something similar last season at Bohs). Surely these things can be clarified BEFORE starting european campaign ? Again LOI shooting itself in the foot from a PR perspective

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinging Footballers
    Our efforts in the UEFA Europa League over the past six weeks have not been properly recognised by the club and we are deeply disappointed with the club’s lack of acknowledgement of our achievements based on our status as part-time players.
    What the hell? You signed a contract with a football club to pay football. They've upheld their end of the bargain now shut the f*** up and get on with it.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    In fairness some players are out of pocket as they had to take unpaid leave for the European games. I certainly don't want to see anyone out of pocket playing for Pats

Just the timing, and the way its been handled (by both sides) that needs questioning
    ---

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,351 Posts
    I like the picture with the article - players sucking their thumbs. Seems a teensy bit appropriate.

Knew what we were doing, getting rid of all those players last year...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    What the hell? You signed a contract with a football club to pay football. They've upheld their end of the bargain now shut the f*** up and get on with it.
    I get your point but doubt any contract contained the level of commitment Pats players had to face in recent weeks (Iceland, Kazaghstan, Ukraine). That is however the luck of the draw and was always possible. The PFAI (especially given the predominent part time nature of the game here) should address the problem - possibly by the FAI retaining some of the prize money to compensate verifiable loss of earnings ?
    It is known that teams will play in europe and possible dates (never need more than two dates at Bohs ) so it should be possible - at club or assosiation level - to prempt this perrenial issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The complication there is that some players signed a contract before we knew we were in Europe. It was only in February that fingal went bust
    ---

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I think all of us can understand where both sides are coming from, players are not going to simply play for the joy of playing and for a foreign adventure, they want to be paid and rightly so. However there is an element of - think yerself lucky boys. They're getting paid, will continue to get paid and this should, in most circumstances, be enough to be getting on with. What I question is the inclusion of the PFAI in all of this and the strike threat. Especially making it public. As MB mentioned, this is the LOI shooting itself in the foot (or members doing so). Yet we ask why the media looks at Irish football in a bad light.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    I think all of us can understand where both sides are coming from, players are not going to simply play for the joy of playing and for a foreign adventure, they want to be paid and rightly so. However there is an element of - think yerself lucky boys. They're getting paid, will continue to get paid and this should, in most circumstances, be enough to be getting on with. What I question is the inclusion of the PFAI in all of this and the strike threat. Especially making it public. As MB mentioned, this is the LOI shooting itself in the foot (or members doing so). Yet we ask why the media looks at Irish football in a bad light.
    As a representative body the PFAI leave a lot to be desired, constantly playing "catch up" on issues that have happened before. Had this issue been rasied LOI wide, or indeed at any individual club, when the season started there would be genuine sympathy for players situation. The public threat of "industrial action" less than a week before an important european game does nothing (in my opinion) to help their case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    According to the Indo article the players are considering boycotting the Karpaty match unless their demands are met.

That smells of a PFAI negotiating tactic!

Pats players are morally entitled to being compensated for unpaid leave or for holidays taken from regular jobs, and it would be only right for them to share in any financial success acheived by getting through two rounds.

Boycotting the match with all its resultant consequences is way OTT, and even as an empty threat is poor form.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    The PFAI's solicitor Stuart Gilhooly is banging on on Twitter about the players being determined that the match will not go ahead unless there's an agreement.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast