Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RTE Presenter Banned by the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    any discussion of jd wages is fair game and most think it is excesive in the extreme but i think the problem was more to do with the commnets about the accounts and there openess or otherwise
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    I'm not wumming, but are you saying there's something odd about his salary or that some folks in the FAI are setting him up to fail? - for the record, I think he is overpaid, though he works hard. Something more along the lines of 250,000 would be more appropriate, his current level looks like gouging. For some byzantine goings on in the FAI, I couldn't see it.
    Spud, I think there is a general perception that his salary is ridiculously OTT and much more Celtic Tiger than current envoirnment. Given the state of many LOI clubs and the massive deficit facing the FAI it is even more difficult to justify the reported 400 K (although I understand he has taken a cut).
    No doubt he is not the most popular and there is always backstabbing in the FAI (sport they are best at ) but not aware of any current plot(s)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Spud, I think there is a general perception that his salary is ridiculously OTT and much more Celtic Tiger than current envoirnment. Given the state of many LOI clubs and the massive deficit facing the FAI it is even more difficult to justify the reported 400 K (although I understand he has taken a cut).
    No doubt he is not the most popular and there is always backstabbing in the FAI (sport they are best at ) but not aware of any current plot(s)
    Thanks MB, I wasn't stirring, just wondering if the difficulties with the man were just because of his salary.

The backstabbing element is everywhere, though the FAI seem to enjoy airing their dirty linen in public and when asked to account for something act so indignant that you think there's more going on than there is. Of all the major sporting organisations in the world of course football ones will get the most attention and criticism - they put themselves out there as the worlds game, so to sell papers and ad's the media will always go after them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Thanks MB, I wasn't stirring, just wondering if the difficulties with the man were just because of his salary.

The backstabbing element is everywhere, though the FAI seem to enjoy airing their dirty linen in public and when asked to account for something act so indignant that you think there's more going on than there is. Of all the major sporting organisations in the world of course football ones will get the most attention and criticism - they put themselves out there as the worlds game, so to sell papers and ad's the media will always go after them.
    ...... tends to be the ridiculous committee system masquerading as "democracy" inherent in football organisations. Be it FIFA allowing tiny countries equal votes to the mad FAI committee system (at one stage over 50 members ). The "something for everyone in the audience" approach has become more important than any strategic business direction - usually to the detriment of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-2854764.html

Roddy's been fined (or banned) as part of the same dispute that Des Cahill is in. A bit suspicious too that the FAI aren't releasing sanctions publicly. If they carry on like this then most of the posters on this website will be banned from matches too!

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMon View Post
    If they carry on like this then most of the posters on this website will be banned from matches too!
    Moot now because the FAI are taking their ball home and are not coming out again until Roddy and Des apologise and agree to do their homework for them for two whole weeks.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Weird, last week Des was part of a 3 way (discussion, not the good kind) absolutely slating the IABA - and not for the first time. Now while I didn't have a great deal of time for the IABA in the past, even with an ex-UCD boy at its head, under Dom O'Rourke they've been brilliant and one of the most progressive sports outfits in the country, bar the GAA. Yet Des, rightly, joined in actively in slamming their recent back and forth, yet the IABA were sure of their actions and there were no bans, no objections and just business as usual from a mature and self-confident association. I'd, previously, looked at JD as the puppeteer, though with this latest banning (belated as some would like) it does seem like there are more doing the pulling than just one man.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Weird, last week Des was part of a 3 way (discussion, not the good kind) absolutely slating the IABA - and not for the first time. Now while I didn't have a great deal of time for the IABA in the past, even with an ex-UCD boy at its head, under Dom O'Rourke they've been brilliant and one of the most progressive sports outfits in the country, bar the GAA. Yet Des, rightly, joined in actively in slamming their recent back and forth, yet the IABA were sure of their actions and there were no bans, no objections and just business as usual from a mature and self-confident association. I'd, previously, looked at JD as the puppeteer, though with this latest banning (belated as some would like) it does seem like there are more doing the pulling than just one man.
    Were they not taken to court by that young lad from Portlaoise?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Different case - the case they discussed, and that I was referring to, was in relation to the senior box offs. The young lad who was thrown off the team for breaking camp - who took his car to a garage because he'd let an under age team mate drive his car in the hotel car park and crash it - is a different issue and wasn't discussed. However in this case the IABA fought their corner and then resolved it. It was the same over appointments etc. Mick Dowling has been sniping at the heads of the IABA (mainly jealousy as he's been overlooked time and again for a head coaching position - despite his achievements) and uses RTE to make points, yet he is treated as just one more unruly member of the clan. Whereas outspoken members of the football community....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234