Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTE Presenter Banned by the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,821 Posts
    I once saw Marty in Dicey's surrounded by wimmin. He's a scarier looking man in real life.
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 31/07/2011 at 7:04 PM.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Wrong wrong wrong spud I did listen to the piece with DES and rent a mouth and I assume the fai problem was not with the piece about Delaney wages but about the accounts that had been presented at the gam
    The jist of which was that the accounts were incomplete or was hiding something and I've never heard DES question the honesty or integrity of any other codes

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Delaney has paid back his salary a dozen times over in terms of improved revenue since he took over. He's an unlikable ass and no right thinking person wants to see him bring home mega money but he's exactly the type of slippery eel we need at the head of the FAI. I haven't heard much about accusations of accounting irregularities - that would be a whole other story if substantiated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Sorry but as far as I'm concerned he's only interested in lining his own pockets. He's more interested in Man U than Irish football.
    Always look on the bright side of life

6. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Of course he's only interested in lining his own pockets. All that matters is that he lines the FAI's pockets significantly more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Second part of the interview was about the agm and the accounts that were presented , comments like were they audited and is that the complete picture we are getting as if they were incomplete anyway that's what it sounded like to me,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Sorry but as far as I'm concerned he's only interested in lining his own pockets. He's more interested in Man U than Irish football.
    <facepalm>
    You've got no fans.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong spud I did listen to the piece with DES and rent a mouth and I assume the fai problem was not with the piece about Delaney wages but about the accounts that had been presented at the gam
    The jist of which was that the accounts were incomplete or was hiding something and I've never heard DES question the honesty or integrity of any other codes
    passerby, I heard it too, though there was no reason for the FAI to react as they did, your boss was getting carried away (as he did on a Saturday newstalk show a couple of weeks before) though nothing too close to the bone was done, JD and his buddies are reacting before serious questions are asked. They figured everyone would just roll over and play dead when they blamed Limerick's court case for the reduction in prizemoney, likewise the litany of mistruths and half truths regarding ticket sales.

And your have to take off the blinkers, Des led he way when he questioned (wrongly in my opinion) quite virulently about apparent cronyism in the IABA - when in fact the right men were moving into the right positions but instead of coming out swinging, they let it settle in the wrong hands.

Likewise he has been constantly critical of the GAA for not embracing more modern technology and doesn't hold back when it comes to criticising other associations. However if you only wish to hear what you want to, then nobody will change your mind. But please don't present it as fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Firstly spud John delancy has never been my boss in fact if you check my posts over they years you will find I've been a critic of a lot of fai policy but what I don't do is wear blinkers everytime John Delaney is mentioned on this forum.
    I believe in my opinion that some reporters feel that soccer needs to be constantly dissected to find the seedy underbelly in a way that no other sport is treated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Firstly spud John delancy has never been my boss in fact if you check my posts over they years you will find I've been a critic of a lot of fai policy but what I don't do is wear blinkers everytime John Delaney is mentioned on this forum.
    I believe in my opinion that some reporters feel that soccer needs to be constantly dissected to find the seedy underbelly in a way that no other sport is treated
    In fairness that, kind of accuracy, sounds exactly like an fai statement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Whatever about the rights or wrongs about Delaney banning Des Cahill, I'd have to agree with the above statement.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Where do you get something about JD being your boss? I don't understand that, and your blinkered attitude and statement that you've never heard Des Cahill pass comment or question other codes is blatantly misleading - if it's the case then you seem to have missed large chunks of Irish sporting life and never heard him discuss (quite regularly) with Pat Kenny the mismanagement or some other such problem with GAA, horse racing, boxing or even in the not too distant past, tennis. It does appear very blinkered if you only hear negative things about football in Ireland, it would appear you are actively seeking out the negative at teh cost of the positive. No?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Whatever about the rights or wrongs about Delaney banning Des Cahill, I'd have to agree with the above statement.
    Maybe we who follow the LOI and football in Ireland take such umbrage at questions being asked because questions need to be asked. In other codes (especially rugby) when they are attacked they try to get things right in house and build from the base up. Unlike the FAI who have actively squandered chance after chance to make football the number 2 sport in the country and have done their utmost to kill off the LOI.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Where do you think such feelings arose in the first place? If there's no seedy underbelly to be exposed, what's to fear?

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Maybe we who follow the LOI and football in Ireland take such umbrage at questions being asked because questions need to be asked. In other codes (especially rugby) when they are attacked they try to get things right in house and build from the base up. Unlike the FAI who have actively squandered chance after chance to make football the number 2 sport in the country and have done their utmost to kill off the LOI.
    If Shamrock are the model club in this country, then Rugby is the model sport in this country. Rarely is there criticism of Rugby in the press in comparison to the constant criticism of football. The only criticism of Rugby I can remember is the ticketing prices of the Autumn internationals last year.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    If Shamrock are the model club in this country, then Rugby is the model sport in this country. Rarely is there criticism of Rugby in the press in comparison to the constant criticism of football. The only criticism of Rugby I can remember is the ticketing prices of the Autumn internationals last year.
    2 words - Look harder! Read more than the football pages in newspapers. The IRFU were hammered for ticket overpricing, so they altered prices.

If the FAI were not such a short term thinking bunch of crooks then maybe, just maybe there would be no need for investigation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    What does that matter anyway? Who cares about rugby? If there are problems that need addressed in the FAI, then it's best they're addressed, irrespective of whether there are problems in the completely irrelevant IRFU or whether the FAI gets a raw deal in the media in comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Somebody from RTE giving out about excessive salaries!!!!NO surely not! Des is sickened only because he doesn't get the Summer off like alot of his work buddies!
    You can shove your British Culture up your Londonderryair!

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Think the problem for most on here is not that the FAI banned Des but why. Given the bad/negitive coverage of LOI that happens, especially in the written media, yet never a murmur from the FAI but bring up JD's salary..........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I'm not wumming, but are you saying there's something odd about his salary or that some folks in the FAI are setting him up to fail? - for the record, I think he is overpaid, though he works hard. Something more along the lines of 250,000 would be more appropriate, his current level looks like gouging. For some byzantine goings on in the FAI, I couldn't see it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast