Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Under 19 League 2011/12

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Limerick Under 19 League 2011/12

Are the make-up of the divisions announced yet?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    not yet no one knows where they stand no fixture's done yet a joke looks like they'll be a few extra 19's team in this prospect and northside legacy to name a few..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    who'd be favourite to win this? fairview i suppose?? surely balla will be there or there abouts after there great run in the fai last term?? who'd be the players to watch out for??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fifty50 View Post
    who'd be favourite to win this? fairview i suppose?? surely balla will be there or there abouts after there great run in the fai last term?? who'd be the players to watch out for??
    from what i heard fairview are the one's to watch balla lost a few as lads went to there a and b team but was told regional are very strong this year and shelbourne could be pulling out as they feel there not strong enough for that league fifty50..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Pike will b strong at 17 and 19

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    was looking at there 17s playing moyross the other night looked tidy enough big squad of 19s there too dom going around town with abiro since may lol

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by safe hands View Post
    was looking at there 17s playing moyross the other night looked tidy enough big squad of 19s there too dom going around town with abiro since may lol
    just heard tonight mungret regional 19s pulled out feel they wont be the last 19s team very unfair the way teams were set up in the league this season..

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    just heard tonight mungret regional 19s pulled out feel they wont be the last 19s team very unfair the way teams were set up in the league this season..
    I think Summerville U-19's have pulled out also.
    68, 99, 08

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    I think Summerville U-19's have pulled out also.
    dont think they'll be the last abbey. the powers that be putting 4 new teams in the div 1 and letting 4 in div 2 that were sticky enough last year with 4 teams that just came up.. now 1 gone out of the both divisions..gob****e's come to mind..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    how were the leagues decided??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    from what i heard fairview are the one's to watch balla lost a few as lads went to there a and b team but was told regional are very strong this year and shelbourne could be pulling out as they feel there not strong enough for that league fifty50..
    Balla lost players to Balla A and Balla B?

That cant be right? Surely they will play with their underage teams?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    Balla lost players to Balla A and Balla B?

That cant be right? Surely they will play with their underage teams?
    you play at your own age 1st.. they are all on 19s form's they will play with both teams more so when they have no games and when they have a game they'll be held back or play a small part if needed. they beat shannon hibs b 5 4... and saturday won 5 1 in athea.. they'll hold there own that i'm sure;gadin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    you play at your own age 1st.. they are all on 19s form's they will play with both teams more so when they have no games and when they have a game they'll be held back or play a small part if needed. they beat shannon hibs b 5 4... and saturday won 5 1 in athea.. they'll hold there own that i'm sure;gadin
    I watched the 17s and minors for balla last year and thought they were very good. They could do well in the fai this year if they keep all their players from last year and add 2 or 3. From your post I though you meant the 19s had lost some of those players as they were goign playing with hte A and B teams. Its right thatthey are made to paly their own age group..Best of luck with them this year.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I watched the 17s and minors for balla last year and thought they were very good. They could do well in the fai this year if they keep all their players from last year and add 2 or 3. From your post I though you meant the 19s had lost some of those players as they were goign playing with hte A and B teams. Its right thatthey are made to paly their own age group..Best of luck with them this year.
    they wanted to stay with the A&B teams but it was explained the that they got to play at there age it will benifit them next year added2 more players as 3 are on the munster youth teams so wont be there each week they'll hold there own from what i see..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    they wanted to stay with the A&B teams but it was explained the that they got to play at there age it will benifit them next year added2 more players as 3 are on the munster youth teams so wont be there each week they'll hold there own from what i see..
    is it a rule that they have to sign u19 and play at this age first.. can they then play A or B / c team then if needed or do they have to sign for A/B OR C Teams also.

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    is it a rule that they have to sign u19 and play at this age first.. can they then play A or B / c team then if needed or do they have to sign for A/B OR C Teams also.
    If they sign 19s they can still play with the junior teams. They need to sign a junior form as fas as I know.

The ideal situation I think for young players is play at your own age level. Then sign for the juniors on a B form. If they are on a B form they can play with both A and B team. So if a 19s player performs well with the B team then they could try out with the A team. In Ballas/Pikes/Fairviews case this would be ideal as their B teams are in 1A..So it would give the young players good experience of junior football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    If they sign 19s they can still play with the junior teams. They need to sign a junior form as fas as I know.

The ideal situation I think for young players is play at your own age level. Then sign for the juniors on a B form. If they are on a B form they can play with both A and B team. So if a 19s player performs well with the B team then they could try out with the A team. In Ballas/Pikes/Fairviews case this would be ideal as their B teams are in 1A..So it would give the young players good experience of junior football.
    thats the ideal scenario...the problem is that most matches in 1a are played in the morning,with the under19's playing in the afternoon.minor managers would not allow players to play two games in the one day,especially when their grade would be the second fixture..and understandably so

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prawnsandwich2 View Post
    thats the ideal scenario...the problem is that most matches in 1a are played in the morning,with the under19's playing in the afternoon.minor managers would not allow players to play two games in the one day,especially when their grade would be the second fixture..and understandably so
    thats what we have done all on 19s forms and all on b forms if needed do so they can step up... results for tonight balla 8 shelbourne 1 an og.. regional 2 fairview 0.. ashling 9 pike nil..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Regional must be handy,

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    aisling must be handy too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast