Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Friendies 2011

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy2 View Post
    Is it true that ye rang 5 or 6 of the prospect team that beat ye the other night and asked them to come up and play tonight.
    Arent ye being a bit disrespectful to prospect and are ye going to do this to other teams who are willing to play ye friendlies.
    In fairness Blueboy its junior soccer lad and they can do what they like
    Its not as if those players are under contract with Prospect but i see where you are coming from boy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Is it true that ye rang 5 or 6 of the prospect team that beat ye the other night and asked them to come up and play tonight.
    Arent ye being a bit disrespectful to prospect and are ye going to do this to other teams who are willing to play ye friendlies.
    Most teams do it Blueboy! It's the same every season with lads just wanting a bit of a run-out or variety

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    In fairness Blueboy its junior soccer lad and they can do what they like
    Its not as if those players are under contract with Prospect but i see where you are coming from boy
    Its just not the norm for a club to first ask for a friendly and then try to sign the oppositions players afterwards especially when they had more than 20 players togged out themselves what kind of message does that send out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Its just not the norm for a club to first ask for a friendly and then try to sign the oppositions players afterwards especially when they had more than 20 players togged out themselves what kind of message does that send out.
    Not a very good one but what can you do??
    I dont think ye will be in a rush to play them in a friendly again nor will many other teams after reading ur post

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Blueboy is Gerry McMahon still going to be involved in Prospect next season?
    He is a great manager and a great clubman

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Well it seems at least some of these players have stayed loyal to prospect as they have signed for the club tonight.
    At least 3 of the lads were minors and some of the perks they were offered for signing were unbeliveable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    1 player from prospect has told me he was offered gym membership free hill celtic tracksuits and jacket new boots .... and herd other players where offered better

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Blueboy is Gerry McMahon still going to be involved in Prospect next season?
    He is a great manager and a great clubman
    Sorry to disapoint you Deadly Man but im not Gerry but i did play play with Prospect and i did win a couple of trophies when Gerry was manageing so i still keep an eye on things there.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    they approached 2 of balla b's team as well last night, they ask you for a friendly and then try approach the players that you went out to try sign, can they not do their own grown work like everyone else, bad form I have to say, we will think twicw before we play them again and it seems to be the nornmal thing now with them, they ask you for a friendly and strip you of your players, other teams beware, also they had a squad of 30 up there last night, whats going to happen to the loyal hill celtic team of the past, are they going to be thrown on the scrap heap,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Sorry to disapoint you Deadly Man but im not Gerry but i did play play with Prospect and i did win a couple of trophies when Gerry was manageing so i still keep an eye on things there.
    I think he was saying " Blueboy , is Gerry McMahon still going to be...... " rather than "Blueboy is Gerry McMahon" he just forgot to put comma in .... :-)
    Last edited by BigfeetBigsocks; 22/07/2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Is it just me.....but right back seems oddly familar to someone i know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrman View Post
    they approached 2 of balla b's team as well last night, they ask you for a friendly and then try approach the players that you went out to try sign, can they not do their own grown work like everyone else, bad form I have to say, we will think twicw before we play them again and it seems to be the nornmal thing now with them, they ask you for a friendly and strip you of your players, other teams beware, also they had a squad of 30 up there last night, whats going to happen to the loyal hill celtic team of the past, are they going to be thrown on the scrap heap,
    lads if this is true this is really bad form and i would advise any team to avoid playing friendly,s against them...
    one for all and all for one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well it seems at least some of these players have stayed loyal to prospect as they have signed for the club tonight.
    At least 3 of the lads were minors and some of the perks they were offered for signing were unbeliveable.
    is it true ye lost eddie madigan to weston villa if it is he will be a big loss for ye was,nt he one of yer best players last season.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by handball View Post
    is it true ye lost eddie madigan to weston villa if it is he will be a big loss for ye was,nt he one of yer best players last season.
    He played in a friendly against us alright for Weston but I see he played the other night for Prospect.

Simple enough solution to what Hill Celtic are doing if its true, don't play them.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 22/07/2011 at 12:47 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigfeetBigsocks View Post
    I think he was saying " Blueboy , is Gerry McMahon still going to be...... " rather than "Blueboy is Gerry McMahon" he just forgot to put comma in .... :-)
    thank you for clearing that up,blueboy i wasn't trying to say u were Gerry at all,i was just asking was he still going to be involved because he is a great asset to any club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by handball View Post
    yes Eddie is gone back to weston, all his friends play for weston, a good guy and great midfielder, a good signing for weston, good club, best of luck to him, all clubs lose and gain players, its the same every season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    He played in a friendly against us alright for Weston but I see he played the other night for Prospect.

Simple enough solution to what Hill Celtic are doing if its true, don't play them.

I also highly doubt prospect are paying any players.
    your right, we cant afford to pay players, the same as 99% of the clubs in junior soccer. thats bull**** from midnight

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gk10 View Post
    iv heard from our players that theyve been offered money and free boots to sign for prospect by certain people on this site so its a bit rich to be on here criticising hill celtic
    name the players that told you that because its bull****, free boots ffs, does everyone else see that this is coming from Cals people, i think there is a bit of sour grapes there, listen Im make this very clear for you, no-one is getting any kind of financial handshake to sign for prospect, no money , no boots, nothing, as Ive said already, like 99% of the clubs in junior soccer we have just the bare amount to keep the club going, so cut that bull**** Lads.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    The next allegation of players getting paid will get a suspension,no exceptions.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    thank you for clearing that up,blueboy i wasn't trying to say u were Gerry at all,i was just asking was he still going to be involved because he is a great asset to any club
    yeah Gerry is still the Boss in Prospect, just like Aiden Ryan in the 80's and 90's without Gerry Mc there would be no prospect,

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    Just to clarify lads,any time we allow payers getting paid to be talked about on foot.ie the first thing that happens is that foot.ie gets an email or a registered letter from the club concerned saying they don't pay their players and threatining legal action if we don't remove it so it's not worth the grief.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast