Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Lawrence

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    your POSTS are full of shi*e with reference to liam lawrence..

Ok Liveheader1...Just don't make a statement back the fcuking thing up if you are able of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We're not complaining about Clinton are we & he took a fair bit of time to make up his mind.

Are people saying that people of Irish decent born in Britain have no right to call themselves Irish ? I think the Manchester, Birmingham & London boys will have a thing or 2 to say about that......
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote by Colie....Are people saying that people of Irish decent born in Britain have no right to call themselves Irish ? I think the Manchester, Birmingham & London boys will have a thing or 2 to say about that......

I am not anyway.Where in the post does it say that???I have got every respect for guys brought up in England with Irish blood,my son is born here in London and some of my best mates are born here.My point is that until it is proven that Liam Lawrence is of Irish stock then he is truly English apart from his name(Liam) unless you know any different.if this is the case let us know where the conection is and then i will re-assess what i have posted and eat my words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    My point is that until it is proven that Liam Lawrence is of Irish stock then he is truly English apart from his name(Liam) unless you know any different.
    Oh, sorry mate, I see what you mean, but I reckon he must have some Irish blood if he's thinking of declaring for Ireland & I have heard it touted over the last year that he can play for Ireland, but its all hearsay (as ever).
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    rite heres how i back it up
    in the squad at the moment we have quinn, playing for sheffield united. he has had his chance and this level and has never shown anythin that has made peopel stand up and take notice of him. graham barrett is another player not far away from the squad, playing reserve team football for coventry city, who are fighting relegation
    liam lawrence has played very well when fit and scored 22goals for masnfield from midfield. not a very high level but i have seen him play many times and indeed played against him once and with the stags he always looked like a player who was a class above everyone around him and him declaring for ireland is excellant news as when sunderland go to the premiership next season he is quite likely to be a key performer for them, therefore gaining experience at the highest level and possibly fulfilling his potential, making him a key candidate to become a full irish international. i hope that fulfills the requirement of me "backing up" my comments,
    and by the way the username is "Livehead1", Not Liveheader1, maybe you should put some glasses on...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    livehead1 or whatever..You need to calm down my friend or you will do yourself some unnecessary damage and that would be a big big shame ..So are you telling me that the guy is Irish then or is of Irish decent? You should know i guess seeing you have played football with him. and i am sure you became close and had a chat or two on this subject in the showers.Give me a little inside info on the boy, where his Irishness lies etc etc and If this is the case then there is no problem.Play the man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    ..So are you telling me that the guy is Irish then or is of Irish decent?
    Depending on his own personal feeling this is one in the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    livehead1 and FarBeag, in the light of comments made elsewhere in this thread I've asked posters not to get personal with each other but neither of you seem to have taken notice of this. Cut out the veiled attacks in public, take it to PM or find another message board for the verbal jousting.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sorry.Won't happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    i was attacking the post, not the poster. im sure he has many valid views on many subjects, but simply do not agree with his vies on liam lawrence. farbeag...lawrence has said for around 2 years that he wants to play for us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    i was attacking the post, not the poster. im sure he has many valid views on many subjects, but simply do not agree with his vies on liam lawrence. farbeag...lawrence has said for around 2 years that he wants to play for us
    I'm convinced I read an interview with him in FourFourTwo a few months back (before he'd moved to Sunderland) saying he was eligible to play for Ireland and wanted to attract Brian Kerr's attention.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ..Quote....Originally Posted by livehead1

Fine.I will agree to disagree with you on this before i get into more trouble.Let's leave it at that ya...Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    I'm convinced I read an interview with him in FourFourTwo a few months back (before he'd moved to Sunderland) saying he was eligible to play for Ireland and wanted to attract Brian Kerr's attention.
    ye he did say that but hes been saying for a good while he wanted 2 play for ireland. i remember a interview wit a local paper and he said he wanted to play for ireland them and thats about 18months. its different when you realise you have irish in you e.g. lawrence and then someday discovering that you are eligible e.g. marlon king etc... im sure lawrence feels some affinity wit ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lawrence did well last night.
    He had a great first half.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Nice pass for the opening goal too, but did the ball cross the line??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Liam Lawrence

Has to be close to an international call up.. been over to 11 sunderland games last season and as the season went on he improved dramatically .. think he is a great option on the right as its not a position we have that much options.. andy reid prefers the left and stephen reid seems to prefer the centre ... worth be worth an outing in the italy friendly imo.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    Not sure if he's actually got his international papers sorted out, so it might not be possible to call him up just yet. But I'd agree with you, from what I've heard about him this season he's a definite prospect.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler
    Not sure if he's actually got his international papers sorted out, so it might not be possible to call him up just yet. But I'd agree with you, from what I've heard about him this season he's a definite prospect.
    got his passport in feb .. great crosser of the ball a bit similar to beckhams style of play on the sense he doesnt usually fly past people on the wing would rather pop in a cross ..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Liam Lawrence

What position is he?
    Is he any good?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He generally plays on the right side of midfield which has tended to be a problem position for us. However, I don't think he's international standard. He scored plenty of goals from his midfield position in the lower leagues. From what I know of him he would seem to be part of what Pat Kenny described as the "Rolex watch" brigade. He fancies himself a bit and has been fined for speeding in his sports car.

I would describe him as a decent Championship player but he doesn't have enough pace, strength or skill to cut it at the top level.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast