Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Lawrence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    He's retired, let it go!
    You'd have to be up early in the day to see Lee Carsley in an Ireland jersey again!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct
    Anyone agree with me on Lee Carsley being one of the in form midfielders in the premiership [YES] and that he could still do a job for Ireland in the troublesome right hand side of midfield position [NO!] .
    Carsley has retired so it's academic. But under no circumstances would I ever consider him an option at RHM just because he's playing very well in a defensive central position.

I also don't think that RHM is that problematic. Finnan has looked very accomplished in this role. If Andy Reid gets a good move & Steven Reid continues to get back on track we have more than adequate cover. And young McGeady is getting closer & closer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    andy reid don't need a 'good' move yet. i see forest regular and although there struggling he always looks good for them and has proven that he can cut it at international level. he will move eventually but hes still improving at forest and he will not be a 'cover' player, hes gonna be central to our qualification

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct
    He is a player we should get sorted quickly hes a smashing player who gets and sets up his share of Goals and has been touted since his Mansfield days as a future International.
    He got another goal at the weekend.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roboyle
    You'd have to be up early in the day to see Lee Carsley in an Ireland jersey again!
    Why?

Does he wear one to bed like Dougal in Father Ted?

Ade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianovic
    Why?

Does he wear one to bed like Dougal in Father Ted?

Ade

"simply the best.."

"doing the ol' rock star thing there dougal, heh-heh."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    great player and getting a good run on the right for sunderland now.. starting to score his share of goals as well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And his Irish credentials are what exactly? Being called Liam and maybe having a great-Grandmother born in Ireland? I thought he was unable to get an Irish passport when Givens was sniffing about a couple of years ago.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Out Injured!

Full story on BreakingNews.ie

Black Cats lose Lawrence
    20/01/2005 - 14:42:06

Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy has been dealt a huge blow by the news that midfielder Liam Lawrence will undergo ankle surgery on Monday.

The 23-year-old, a summer signing from Mansfield, has missed the last four games through injury, and McCarthy confirmed today an operation is the only course of action open to the club.

“Liam’s having an operation on Monday and however long his rehabilitation takes, that’s how long he’ll be out,” he said. “But if you are having an operation on an ankle, you will be out for a while.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    “Liam’s having an operation on Monday and however long his rehabilitation takes, that’s how long he’ll be out,” he said. “But if you are having an operation on an ankle, you will be out for a while.
    Bad news for Liam and nice to see a typical lucid comment from Mick

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MickCollins
    And his Irish credentials are what exactly? Being called Liam and maybe having a great-Grandmother born in Ireland? I thought he was unable to get an Irish passport when Givens was sniffing about a couple of years ago.
    They were talking about him on Newstalk last nite. He has declared for Ireland. The bloke from the Sunderland fanzine was saying that he is excellent player and all the Sunderlands fans reckon he is much better than Kilbane....but then again they would, they hated Kilbane.
    UCD sha-la-la

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    Carsley has retired so it's academic. But under no circumstances would I ever consider him an option at RHM just because he's playing very well in a defensive central position.

I also don't think that RHM is that problematic. Finnan has looked very accomplished in this role. If Andy Reid gets a good move & Steven Reid continues to get back on track we have more than adequate cover. And young McGeady is getting closer & closer.
    Lads am I alone in thinkin Steven Reid could well be our answer on the RHS. IMO he was one of the most exciting prospects prior to the WC and did very well in the game against Cameroon when he came on. Its only recently hes started getting games and regaining full fitness and its starting to show with good performances. Would must rather have a natural right footed player on the RHS than playing someone like Andy Reid there.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Well I see that I've been quouted going back a month or two (at least). I just posted on the O'Shea vs Harte thread that I think the tight pitch on Saturday was a really telling factor. It completely negated our preference for width. Fiunnan is a much better player than he looked on Saturday.

But yes, I do have hopes for Steven Reid. His first season in the Premiership was a virtual write-off and he's slowly re-establishing himself. If he continues to progress at Blackburn he could be a fine player. He can play well centrally too, maybe even better. I prefer him now to Miller.

The fact that Reid is left footed doesn't seem to bother him. I love it when he & Duff interchange. So with Andy Reid and Finnan as our current options, and McGeady & Steven Reid as future options I don't think we're too bad. OK, so neither Reid nor Finnan covered himself in glory on their last showings but I don't think it's symptomatic of an ongoing "problem" in RHM.

Then again, maybe I'm an ostrich!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    FYI from Soccernet

"The rejuvenated Steven Reid's athleticism and hitherto unseen passing ability have helped the Irishman establish himself as the most offensive of the three central midfielders.

Reid was instrumental in perhaps Blackburn's most notable victory under Hughes, a 1-0 success at Everton where the absence of Savage"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    I thought Steven Reid was fantastic in the run up to the World Cup. I thought he should have gotten more time in the World Cup too. We could have done with him tearing into the knackered 10 man Spanish in extra time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Forget about Lawerence.He is not one of us apart from his first name,end of story. Let Carsley off into pastures we dont want him back no matter how good ye think he is playing. Stephen Reid appears to be coming back to his best so i will go along with him.Sod the other two plums.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    Forget about Lawerence.He is not one of us apart from his first name,end of story. Let Carsley off into pastures we dont want him back no matter how good ye think he is playing. Stephen Reid appears to be coming back to his best so i will go along with him.Sod the other two plums.
    what a ****ing stupid thing to say hes not one of us .. you ignornat little prat.. we cant be too picky and choosy and i didnt hear anyone complaining when the likes of aldo or ray houghton were scoring for us .. or matt holland for **** sake... if players give 100% for us then fair play .. would love carsley back in the form he is in ,, stephen reid looks well away from the squad imo but lawrence looks a canny player from the games ive been over at this season !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    what a ****ing stupid thing to say hes not one of us .. you ignornat little prat
    Attack the post and not the poster. You should know the rules by now. No more personal attacks please.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    what a ****ing stupid thing to say hes not one of us .. you ignornat little prat

Just as well I am not aloud attack the poster. Obviously Mr zinedineontours IQ levels are a little on the low side so i wont say any more in order not to confuse him. I still stick to my opinion on Liam Lawerence and Lee Carsley though 'MATE' which i am not of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    **** not a personal attack ****
    your POSTS are full of shi*e with reference to liam lawrence

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast