Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2011/12

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Jesus lads, calm down. No disrespect Over, put now having figured out who you are I'm surprised. Don't take this as an insult just thought you'd have stayed local. But I don't know the full story and I'm sure things were fairly poor. So good luck in your new venture, we'd have taken you with a heart and a half.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    The next off topic or rubbish post in this thread will incur a suspension,don't say you weren't warned.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Appreciate that view, that was a minor part of the problems, been living far side of Ballincollig for many years now so have just moved to a "local" club. Never sought the job, was going to take a break totally but was approached and coaxed back in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Of course it's irrelavent to carrig. Ye were asked to go up and said yes like 99 % of teams would do. Someone asked why not Douglas and I said what I'd heard. We had a great battle with ye start of last season and we too will look forward to doing it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Jesus lads, it really heated up on here over the weekend! Did Freddie Flintstone take down his comments or did 12th man do it?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie's Cousin View Post
    Jesus lads, it really heated up on here over the weekend! Did Freddie Flintstone take down his comments or did 12th man do it?
    I binned a lot of rubbish that was here,I'd appreciate some on topic non personal posts.

7. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Any teams looking for a friendly between now and start of season give me an email decourceyalbion@gmail.com cheers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    one man doesnt fold a club lads...give the guy a break...it should be appreciated the fact that ballyvolane were such a big part of the aul over the past number of years...

i think the bigger issue is the amount of clubs that are trying to field teams within a short radius of one another.eventually u end up with the situation that glenthorn/ballyvolnae find themselves in...the bigger clubs leeds/marys will always survive (well 99% of the time) so its very hard to keep a one team club surviving..these small teams uaually come through with a good crop of players and might even have a second go at it but longterm there comes a stage when the well dries up and with no back up of underage structure, strong commitee (numbers wise), history etc etc that team will have no option but to fold....same happened ballyvolane same is ahppening village, same happened togher rovers etc etc..

not saying i have the answer as all these teams at one stage or another were really successful so merely making a point
    excellent post red and white,your not far wrong there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    Just looking at the sections on the cork aul website and can't understand why Park B have been put into 3rd division section?? Is it an error? Can someone from Park clarify coz they were 1st division last year if memory serves me right.......
    Just to clarify this lads.Club requested to be re-graded to either second or third division.Reason being a few lads from the first team have hung up the boots,another lad was advised to take a break for a few years due to a bad injury,another lad has joined another team and two others have imigrated.
    Basically there will be 4/5 lads taken from the second team and the club (well most of the club) decided it would be best to start off in a lower division as they felt they wouldnt cope in the first division.
    A lot of mixed feelings about this but as far as i know its a done deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkboy View Post
    Just to clarify this lads.Club requested to be re-graded to either second or third division.Reason being a few lads from the first team have hung up the boots,another lad was advised to take a break for a few years due to a bad injury,another lad has joined another team and two others have imigrated.
    Basically there will be 4/5 lads taken from the second team and the club (well most of the club) decided it would be best to start off in a lower division as they felt they wouldnt cope in the first division.
    A lot of mixed feelings about this but as far as i know its a done deal.
    I know I'd prefer to see a team stay together in the third division rather than fall apart while being hammered in the 2nd or 1st division, fair enough, my one problem would be that if Park do go on and win something in the 3rd division I feel that's a bit unfair...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    i play with a team in the third division and i feel on paper that teams being regraded is all wrong. drop a division fair enough but a team drooping two divisions is rubbish. park and the like will be starting from a clear advantage having played at the higher level for a couple of years will really stand to them.there are rules in place for a reason. I'm sure plenty of clubs over the years would have loved to have been regraded when things went a bit pear shapedbut they took it on the chin and took what came there way and went with Grattan is prime example of this . regradeing is only the easy and unfair option.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    i play with a team in the third division and i feel on paper that teams being regraded is all wrong. drop a division fair enough but a team drooping two divisions is rubbish. park and the like will be starting from a clear advantage having played at the higher level for a couple of years will really stand to them.there are rules in place for a reason. I'm sure plenty of clubs over the years would have loved to have been regraded when things went a bit pear shapedbut they took it on the chin and took what came there way and went with Grattan is prime example of this . regradeing is only the easy and unfair option.
    I completely agree with ya Fruice, makes a mockery of the the whole thing, and to be fair to Parkboy I don't think he sounds happy about it either, it just should not be allowed by the AUL. I think at the start of most seasons teams lose a number of players from the previous season, but you just try and recruit a couple of players and get on with it. I'm suprised a club the size of Park Utd would struggle to get players as they have a good underage set up down there too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    I completely agree with ya Fruice, makes a mockery of the the whole thing, and to be fair to Parkboy I don't think he sounds happy about it either, it just should not be allowed by the AUL. I think at the start of most seasons teams lose a number of players from the previous season, but you just try and recruit a couple of players and get on with it. I'm suprised a club the size of Park Utd would struggle to get players as they have a good underage set up down there too.
    You are dead right Radiostar,i am not happy with this.*Innishvilla / Fruice - I personally dont agree either.We have got to the Cross two years in a row and have always put up a good fight in the last few seasons.As those that went to the corinthians cup final in the cross,we played some great football.We also held our own against Springfield and Carrig although we were beaten by both.Now both these teams are gone up i thought we would have a good chance in division 1.
    Although Park is a big club we dont have any youths team.Basically lads are playing up until U16/U17 and thats it.Fermoy are putting in an U23 team this year so a lot of lads see this as a better grade to play.There is also a Noth Cork league in process for years and most guys just find it easier to get up on a Sunday morning,travel 5/6 miles and have a game of football instead of travelling 30/40 miles and getting off work on Saturdays.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 13/07/2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Type out your words.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    It really is a no win situation for the league, but 2 divisions is a bit much. One division if needed, like Passage.

I remember UCC a few years ago went to the league and said that they thought they might be too good for one division and should be moved up another one. there was uproar but they moved up.........................and they were relegated!!!

In Premier A this season, most of the teams in the league from last year are rumoured to be struggling in one way or another (lies in most cases!!). No clear pre-season favourite ala Kilumney, and I probably thought Village & Glenthorn would struggle last season. I cant be sure who will shine or struggle this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    parkboy not trying too have a go but say ye get promoted and i feel ye have a very strong chance for obvious reasons.using the line of thinking that dropping two divisions is the right way to go and yer situation remains the same, would ye be better refusing promotion as yer players will be a year older and ye will probably lose one or two more come this time next as the second division wouldn't suit ye? was it a club or an aul decision to drop ye two divisions?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Great point fruice. Would Park (or anyone else in the same position) turn down promotion?

Rumourboss
    Heard Coughlan is going to Marys senior.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I heard leeside have brought in a few good players and coachford have signed a few also. could be one of these teams to challange kinsale or wilton this year.I dont think there will be any other chellangers outside these two to try and challange the top 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    hi lads just wondering do any of ye know any website where i can pick up a few drills for the new season anything from fitness,set pieces shooting etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    hi lads just wondering do any of ye know any website where i can pick up a few drills for the new season anything from fitness,set pieces shooting etc.
    Quite tricky - I did a bit of searching a while ago and most of the sites were american ones for training 9 year olds...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast