Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2011/12

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Cheers Radio, Batteries recharged a little so didnt take a lot of persuading when the call came- its a drug man!!
    ps, best of luck in prem a next year, ye deserved to come up!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Bluey I didn't criticise ye at all just said the players ye rang!! Nothing wrong with it were not fools it goes on wholesale. I don't have a problem with it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Just looking at the sections on the cork aul website and can't understand why Park B have been put into 3rd division section?? Is it an error? Can someone from Park clarify coz they were 1st division last year if memory serves me right.......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Keeping our hand close to the chest sharpshooter, 2 definites and a few more possibles. Will reveal all in good time. Early doors in the transfer window. Two great signings for Leeside on paper. Whos in charge of the ship for the year in paradise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    Just looking at the sections on the cork aul website and can't understand why Park B have been put into 3rd division section?? Is it an error? Can someone from Park clarify coz they were 1st division last year if memory serves me right.......
    Good spot boo, they were in AUL 1 last season, finished 4th from bottom. Passage got relegated from 1A and seem to be in the 3rd dividion on that list too??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Jimmy Barr and Stevie Walsh sailing the ship this year Inswinger, back training last night and putting a nice squad together in fairness to them, some young players from our other 2 teams breaking into the 1st team also.

I see Glounthaune and Mayfield have enterd teams also this year, please god 1 of our teams draw Glounthaune in any cup draw, what a local derby that will be :-) !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Hi lads, havent being on in awhile. Looks like Leeside a building a nice squad. anybody else have any news?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    Yes strange Passage relegated two divisions - but Park were not even relegated and have dropped to the third. I guess both teams requested this - won't be impressed though if either of them win a title...
    Looking at the list we've lost 4 teams: Ballyvolane (A&B), Ballintotis and Castle Celtic. Gained three: Ballinhassig B, Glounthaune United & Mayfield United.

Looking at the numbers it looks like the Div 1 and Div 2 will be two secions each with 12 teams and 3 3rd divisions of 10 - they'll never go 2 divisions with 15 would they - 30 league games for 3rd division sides would be too much I'd say...
    Last edited by Innishvilla; 07/07/2011 at 1:48 PM.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Could the David Crow transfer to leeside is back on?????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Doubt it coz he was asking me to go training with blarney ST with him last night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    He was asked to come down. He seemed interested. Said his brother/friend was taking over Bohs so he'd stick with them. That's all we know.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Are the likes of this forum responsible for the growth in player and manager's egos? Was it always like this?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Or it is just society?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Congratulations overthehill on your new appointment . Perhaps it would have been better for football in the northside if you had stayed at Ballyvolane and tried to rebuild the club?? I appreciate you gave many years service to that club but there are many that say there would still be a club there if people werent driven away from the club

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    There is always one flinty! Ballyvolanes achievements over the last 15yrs speak for themselves and would be the envy of many clubs with better facilities and large committees in the AUL. The amount of well wishes received over the past week has been overwhelming with the most common comment from people who know what they are talking about is an amazement at how the few people involved stuck it out for so long. To those who were " driven" away i hope they were wearing their seatbelts because most of them would be liable to "crash" when under any bit of pressure.
    Perhaps it may work out for the better in the northside as locally Glenthorn and Leeds juniors could both do with having one less team in the area!! Anyway fred i dont look back so thanks for your good wishes - from now on it will be all systems go at Killumney Utd.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Been away for a while and have to say im thrilled for our club that we accepted to go Prem A. I for one like the format of the Mossie Cup. Great local derbies and a chance to renew our rivalry with our friends from Cobh. A huge test, and a chance to pit ourselves against our neighbour Leeside. Blarney and Leeds too will be a great test for our guys first year in the Prem. Best of luck to all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Heard last night that the A.U.L wanted to toss a coin between Carrig and Douglas Hall but the hall refused saying they wanted to deserve to be in Premier A and not go up because of a team pulling out. Carrig had no problem with it though so they went up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Me thinks i can see the 12th man hovering over this page again!!
    WE ARE GOING UP I SAID WE ARE GOING UP!!!!! BOHS CHAMPIONS 1A 09/10

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    K.C, Carrigtohill were asked to go up and we accepted. Simple as that. Isnt every team below the Prem divisions striving to be at the top ??? AUL, toss a coin ?.....i find that very hard to believe. Its to play Prem football, not for a packet of sweets !!!
    It is a shame to see football clubs with great history either folding or deciding to drop a division as one of them is my former club, so for you to suggest that we were somehow happy about it so that we could have a chance up in Prem A is a bit insulting.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Heard last night that the A.U.L wanted to toss a coin between Carrig and Douglas Hall but the hall refused saying they wanted to deserve to be in Premier A and not go up because of a team pulling out. Carrig had no problem with it though so they went up.
    KC, I dont think anyone involved with or has an interest in aul football, did not know the circumstances of why Carrig were asked to go Premier A next season, the fact is that a club folded, as has happened plenty of times in the past too, we were asked as runners up in div 1 which was the obvious thing to do, whether or not Douglas Hall felt they wanted to go up as champs is irrelevant to Carrig, personally I think we will hold our own in that division next year and will look forward to meeting ye.

Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast