Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2011/12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I heard today that Glin Rovers pitch is ready again and looking super. They're a good side and will be up challenging again next season, but I expect that Newcastlewest, Abbeyfeale United, Rathkeale and Shannonside will again be the teams to be reckoned with. Ballingarry, Glin Rovers and Broadford United to be strong and the rest to battle it out to stay up. Rovers, Kildimo United and Askeaton to struggle. I expect Carrig Celtic, Killeaney, and Rockhill Rovers to fight it out for the 1st Division unless St. Itas can improve their squad a good deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It looks like NCW will be losing players and the likes of Tossy and Daniel Power will not be easily replaced! They may find it tough ths year. Eddie Brouder & Paul Slater are going managing Shannonside this season, may get a few players to sign from NCW also.
    Would have to agree with what you said with regards to the teams that will struggle next year Notaclue, it will be between those 3 to go down.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have Shannonside signed anybody new this year?
    Askeaton will struggle, they could barely field a team at the end of last year and I hear they have no manager yet for this year.
    Glin could go very well this year.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardOnTheWing View Post
    Lads playing Broadford in a Freindly wednesday night, is it far from limerick city...Best way to get there please?..Adare is out of the question
    It's a good bit from Limerick!
    If you want to avoid Adare you prob better off taking the Cork road and turn off at Rourkes Cross:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N2...=11&via=1&z=11

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walkover View Post
    It's a good bit from Limerick!
    If you want to avoid Adare you prob better off taking the Cork road and turn off at Rourkes Cross:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N2...=11&via=1&z=11
    Thanks, will do.. Have broadford good setup, showers etc

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ya, they have new dressing rooms and showers. And the best pitch in the desmond league

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    Ya, they have new dressing rooms and showers. And the best pitch in the desmond league
    Good stuff, thanks lads

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Mountcollins not entering the league this season and Feenagh are entering a B team.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    One of my friends that plays with ncw told me that thomas Callaghan and David o Connor have signed and were training last Monday night with Ncw...he also said that ncw asked Paul slater and eddie brouder would they be the ncw managers for the up coming season and they said no cause they didn't have the time but when shannonside came in for them offering them money they were off to them like no tomorrow..They will be very strong I think next year I think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    or you can head straight into Charleville and take Golf Course Road and follow it all the way to Broadford ... you drive thru village and cross bridge and then you will see sign for pitch to turn right. it will take about 55min to a hour to get to, the Adare way takes about 50-55 so not much in difference.
    Is it just me.....but right back seems oddly familar to someone i know

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaclue View Post
    I heard today that Glin Rovers pitch is ready again and looking super. They're a good side and will be up challenging again next season, but I expect that Newcastlewest, Abbeyfeale United, Rathkeale and Shannonside will again be the teams to be reckoned with. Ballingarry, Glin Rovers and Broadford United to be strong and the rest to battle it out to stay up. Rovers, Kildimo United and Askeaton to struggle. I expect Carrig Celtic, Killeaney, and Rockhill Rovers to fight it out for the 1st Division unless St. Itas can improve their squad a good deal.
    Why would you think Glin might go well have they improved on last seasons squad which was very average. From what I've heard Broadford going very well but it all counts for nothing at this stage ( Forms not even out Yet ) I expect the usual sides to be challenging i.e NCW, Abbey & Rathkeale. Shannonside to struggle unless they have some youths comming through, a lot of their players getting on now. Outside Tip for Ballingarry.Is Quinlan over them again? Kildimo & Askeaton/Shannonside to go down!!!!!!!!!
    Killeaney & St. Itas to get promoted.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Shannonside to go down??? Are you serious??? Lose the the title last season on the last day and lose in the semi final of the league cup and you are tipping on them going down?? Daniel Power also signing for them from Newcastle West..I cant see them going down..I can only see them getting better not worse

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigfeetBigsocks View Post
    or you can head straight into Charleville and take Golf Course Road and follow it all the way to Broadford ... you drive thru village and cross bridge and then you will see sign for pitch to turn right. it will take about 55min to a hour to get to, the Adare way takes about 50-55 so not much in difference.
    Went the Charliville way, directions spot on and it did take an hour. Wembley won 3 2, great run out for both clubs..Game played in good spirits and the set up in Broadford is top class, the dressing rooms were massive, the match could have easily been played in there ha ha.. Best of luck for the season.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    How many matches is that played by Broadford now in pre season? They're starting early, most teams haven't even returned to training yet id say!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Played at least 3 or 4...will they have all their players when the football is back...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    already? seems to be all good challenges there getting too! good point about the football alright, but sure doesnt the manager play aswell? he'll surely have allowances for that, they could be dark horses this year.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Ya ray lynch is the joint manager with christy purcell I heard..if they keep it together the could be dark horses and win a trophy for the first time in a few years....but football is the main sport in broadford and they need to concentrate on football as they haven't got off to a good start this year in that so that might cause problems with the soccer team

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limkdesmond View Post
    My guess would be the 14th of august for the first league games to be played
    Seems that the season won't kick off until the 21st of August!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Newcastle west A 2-2 corbally utd in pre season friendly.. Went down 2-0 after 2 great strikes(2nd goal unbelievable goal).got one back through Scott Hurley from the penalty spot and Gary shanahan equalised in the second half
    Last edited by buddygeary23; 26/07/2011 at 9:15 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Was at that friendly last night..not a bad game to watch..ncw started slow but were the better team at the final whistle..few new faces back with ncw..David o Connor,Thomas and Michael Quilligan,There was other people there but I don't know who they were..

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast