Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trouble in Paradise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Strange times at Shamrock Rovers. If Murray leaves for Limerick it can't be a good sign no matter how much he potentially may be getting there. Well in the hunt for 2 in a row and at the start of a European campaign that has some potential and he'd leave that to battle for potential promotion/play off in the likes of Drom. Mannus would be a big loss if he went too, don't think Richard Brush has seen much action recently.

Rovers have the best squad in the league without a doubt. Its good for the league to have a competitive race though and will keep Shamrock Rovers on their toes after their almost fatal meltdown late last season.

What I don't want to see any more of is the constant campaign in the media of LOI managers heading to Scotland mainly with no real substance.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Has anyone apart from Fenlon and O'Neill been linked with the SPL recently? Hibs have, by all accounts, been interested in MON for some time and Fenlon was publicly courted by Dundee United.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Not since Kenny moved about 3 years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Hibs have, by all accounts, been interested in MON for some time

Can you put up some links to all these accounts that Hibernian FC are or were actually interested in MON being their manager?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Whilst it might be the case some journos can hide their allegiances. Fitzgypo most certainly can't. not only is he official spokesperson for Nutsy and the Bohs board (see last winter's spin) but he also takes every chance he can get to take a pop at Rovers
    .......If only he could be as objective as Richard "official spokesman for St Pats" Saddlier or Pat "supersaints" Dolan - still claiming a title for Pats that was rightly awarded to Shels a decade ago. Maybe if we put "junkie" into their surname it makes the bias more obvious ????

It was a poor piece of journalism by Fitzmaurice,in my opinion, but reading any sort of agenda into it is plain paranoia. Ironically most of the stories "linking" M'ON with other jobs have emanated from his side in the attempt to get a new contract.

By the way Bohs board and Fenlon were at complete loggerheads last year over the non payment of players so peddling "their spin" was impossible - they didn't have one.

As with referrees some fans mistake bad work for biased work (except, of course, when it benifits their club)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    .......If only he could be as objective as Richard "official spokesman for St Pats" Saddlier or Pat "supersaints" Dolan - still claiming a title for Pats that was rightly awarded to Shels a decade ago. Maybe if we put "junkie" into their surname it makes the bias more obvious ????
    Really?? Saddlier and Dolan is the best you could come with there?
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Really?? Saddlier and Dolan is the best you could come with there?
    Was responding to Dodges post PS (why I quoted it). Most journos have a favorite club (see Herald craggy-islandesque article on shams/rascism issue referred to earlier.) Indeed the late Phillip Green(and-white) made a virtue of his bias for shams. Fitzmaurice is no more biased than most of our LOI journos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Fitzmaurice is no more biased than most of our LOI journos.
    yes he is. How many articles has sadlier written about the LOI in the last 2 years? I'd say 4/5. maybe 2 have mentioned Pats.

Dolan has written more articles criticising pats than he has praising them since he left (on bad terms).

Regardless, these aren't LOI journalists. They're columnists and can write what they like. Journalists, on the other hand, are supposed to appear unbiased and report the facts. Some do, despite being supporter of one club or another (the likes of McCadden etc). Others don't. Fitzmaurice being the worst. The fact that Bohs fans feel the need to come on here and defend him tells its own story

To clarify, his piece above may be 100% true. That does not detract from his obvious bias in practically every article he's ever written involving Bohs and Rovers
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    yes he is. How many articles has sadlier written about the LOI in the last 2 years? I'd say 4/5. maybe 2 have mentioned Pats.

Dolan has written more articles criticising Pats than he has praising them since he left (on bad terms).

Regardless, these aren't LOI journalists. They're columnists and can write what they like. Journalists, on the other hand, are supposed to appear unbiased and report the facts. Some do, despite being supporter of one club or another (the likes of McCadden etc). Others don't. Fitzmaurice being the worst. The fact that Bohs fans feel the need to come on here and defend him tells its own story

To clarify, his piece above may be 100% true. That does not detract from his obvious bias in practically every article he's ever written involving Bohs and Rovers
    Dodge,perhaps people came on to "defend" him on seeing the silly petulent post you put up (Fitzgypo type crap). All journalistic offerings open to opinion and if you want to believe Dolan is anti Pats feel free, dont be surprised if others dont agree.
    As i said people tend to be more "understanding" of bias when it favours their club. Many on here will recall you defending Sadliers nonsence about why he left Pats (imaginary phone call from Bohs) when most thought it utter rubbish.

Completely at a loss to see how you can accept it may be 100% factual and yet criticise him for reporting it (should he not report it because it is shams ? Who exactly is he allowed report on ?)

Can see some bias at play in this but not by Fitzmaurice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Completely at a loss to see how you can accept it may be 100% factual and yet criticise him for reporting it (should he not report it because it is shams ? Who exactly is he allowed report on ?)
    Because I didn't comment at all on that story. I commented at his journalism in general. I'm getting pretty tired of having to spell every ****ing thing out for you too.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Because I didn't comment at all on that story. I commented at his journalism in general. I'm getting pretty tired of having to spell every ****ing thing out for you too.
    big difference between "commenting" and petulent stuff in your post - but, hey,thats open to opinion as well.Personally I dont really care if you "spell every thing out" or not (leave the expletives to you), hardly like anyone hangs on your every word now is it ?

Its a forum, dont like it, dont respond to it (heat, kitchen and all that.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    and Marino commented that there are plenty other affiliated LOI journalists who are clearly as biased as Fitzmaurice. Its not rocket science Dodge. You dont agree with the two he pointed out - big deal. The only unbiased journo i can think of is Dave Kelly. The rest nearly all have clear alternate agendas.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever View Post
    Can you put up some links to all these accounts that Hibernian FC are or were actually interested in MON being their manager?
    Hibs are hardly going to announce their shortlist to the world, or refute or confirm any alleged interest. In the last week alone the Daily Record, Guardian, Edinburgh Evening News journalists have all mentioned MON being linked with the job (which isn't available as of yet), before you start looking at Hibs blogs/forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Hibs are hardly going to announce their shortlist to the world, or refute or confirm any alleged interest. In the last week alone the Daily Record, Guardian, Edinburgh Evening News journalists have all mentioned MON being linked with the job (which isn't available as of yet), before you start looking at Hibs blogs/forums.
    So you have no proof that Hibs are or ever were interested in MON. Cheers for clearing that up

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    One of the tabloids today reckoned Rovers are after Tony Cousins to replace Croly. Presumably so they dont have to fork out for new initialled training gear. Actually maybe we'll appoint Croly to replace Cousins too.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever View Post
    So you have no proof that Hibs are or ever were interested in MON. Cheers for clearing that up
    Have you proof of any club being interested in any manager, bar ones that were appointed, or who failed to get the job after going public with their talks.

Wait, why are you arguing about this again?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Steve Mclaren has come out and stated he wants Calderwood as his no.2 and talks are on going with Hibs - let the MON rumor mill spin again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Have you proof of any club being interested in any manager, bar ones that were appointed, or who failed to get the job after going public with their talks.
    Why would I need to supply proof? I'm not the one claiming "Hibs have, by all accounts, been interested in MON for some time"

Wait, why are you arguing about this again?
    Who's arguing? Someone made a completely bullsh*t claim that Hibernian FC are and have for some time, been interested in MON as their manager, so i asked them to back it up with all these "accounts". They can't. End of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    By "accounts" I think he probably meant fairly consistent paper talk on the matter, as opposed to Hibs releasing any shortlists or Rod Petrie talking on the record about other managers he likes the look of when he still has someone in that position.

What a very odd reaction to transfer speculation. You must lose it completely on August 31st if you have Sky Sports News.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    By "accounts" I think he probably meant fairly consistent paper talk on the matter, as opposed to Hibs releasing any shortlists or Rod Petrie talking on the record about other managers he likes the look of when he still has someone in that position.

What a very odd reaction to transfer speculation. You must lose it completely on August 31st if you have Sky Sports News.
    To be honest Lads I can undestand both sides - if I was a Hibbie I would be quite worried at the prospect of M'ON decending on the club never the less there has been speculation linking him to Hibs - however tenuous and as such its fair game to end up on here. As ever its up to each individual to decide how much faith they put in reports on any topic on here (orindeed any website). Personally always found FOOT.IE to be among the best sources but by no means infallible

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast