Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble in Paradise

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    I never said anything about death throes.
    Do you think O'Neill is maximising the ability of the squad you have?
    I'm prone to hyperbole.

I don't think any manager in the league is maximising his squad's potential with the exception of Pat Devlin and Pete Mahon. I didn't expect Rovers to run away with the league like most other people seemed to think and I'm not all that surprised by the current standings, except I'd have had Sligo instead of Pat's making a run for the top spot. O'Neill's a conservative manager, always has been, and his record bears that out: only one loss to a title rival against, what, 4 wins and 4 draws? The two losses to Bray are the outliers that show just how tight this league is.

Statement from the club:

The club would like to take this opportunity to wish Trevor the very best for the future and thank him for all he has contributed to the club since joining in 2009.

Hoops boss, Michael O’Neill said: “I would like to thank Trevor for his contribution to the club over the past two-and-a-half years. I have enjoyed working with him during that time and wish him the very best in his future career in football.”

Trevor Croly said: “It is with great regret that I have resigned from my position at Shamrock Rovers FC. I would like to thank the board and fans for all the help and support I have received during my time at the club.

“I’m grateful to have worked at Shamrock Rovers, coaching fantastic players and receiving fantastic support. Over the past few months my football relationship with the manager has changed somewhat, which has ultimately lead to this decision. I’d like to wish Michael, the players, and everyone at the club the best of luck for the future.”
    http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35...-croly-resigns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I hope Murray isn't gone. I know he's the worst defender in the history of football but he seems to have some sort of bizarre ability to marshal the stingiest defence in the league
    Murray is good at knee-headies. No one would deny that.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Google Translation gave me this:

Trevor Croly said:
    " Over the past few months my football relationship with the manager has changed somewhat, which has ultimately lead to this decision. I’d like to wish Michael, the players, and everyone at the club the best of luck for the future.”
    Translation

Trevor Croly said:
    " I'am really pi$$ed off with him and just can't put up with his arsehole tactics anymore. He hasn't a clue. I hope he fcuks off to Scotland.”

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I hope Murray isn't gone. I know he's the worst defender in the history of football but he seems to have some sort of bizarre ability to marshal the stingiest defence in the league, and all this despite playing under the worst manager in the league.
    Rovers' defence looks a hell of a lot more solid with him than without him. Since he was taken off, organisation at set-pieces has gone to pot again...

He has also scored against Bohs, so he's not all bad...

Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    I know Joey N'Do has a high opinion of Trevor Crolly.
    Have we finally found someone at Pats that Ndo got on with?
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Even if Dan Murray has left the club surely Cork would be his first stop as he is still living there and it would be the handiest place to go.

In saying that I would love to see him sign for ourselves. If Purcell or McCarthy where to get injured at the moment we would be screwed at centre back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    In saying that I would love to see him sign for ourselves. If Purcell or McCarthy where to get injured at the moment we would be screwed at centre back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    MON all p!ssy that he didnt get his 2 year, 300k contract yet and prior to the Sligo game, he blames the players underperformance for this. Crolly and the players take exception. Culminates in this.

A rumour on the Bohs mb so treat with pinch of salt.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    MON after Croly walked out..

Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

10. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Even if Dan Murray has left the club surely Cork would be his first stop as he is still living there and it would be the handiest place to go.

Don't know if the transfer is true or not but Limerick-Cork is doable in under an hour. It is also more likely about length of contract and weekly wage levels and it seems Limerick have money to splash, whereas theres a rebuilding job under way at the Cross. So when these points are considered it's not such a huge leap to consider a daily commute up and down the (in)glorious N20.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    MON all p!ssy that he didnt get his 2 year, 300k contract yet and prior to the Sligo game, he blames the players underperformance for this. Crolly and the players take exception. Culminates in this.

Contract figures are miles away from the actual truth. The rest of it isn't too far off the truth from what i've heard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Can't see Dan Murray in Limerick, I'd imagine if he's available Cork will pull out all the stops to get him and they'd have space left over in the budget that they'd have been offering Denis and Joe. Our money pit aint bottomless.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    tncrazy-drunk-man.jpg

michaels not taken it too well. bless

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I don't think it's an issue tbh. He lives in Cork atm and commutes to Dublin so Limerick isn't far considering.
    It'l come down to the money offered. If ye offer a few hundred more ye'l get him, and I think ye will. I also think it will guarantee ye promotion and we're fecked.

Also will amke me sick to my stomach watching him play against us Depressing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Our money pit aint bottomless.
    I guess we'll see! I haven't an iota what kind of money O Sullivan is sitting on, or more importantly how much more he's willing to invest and write off.

I also don't know how much we'd be willing to go for Dan Murray. We seem to have a low enough cap, and as much as I would love to see Dan back and think he'd be a fantastic influence, defense has been the least of our problems this season, so I don't know how the manager will see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    It'l come down to the money offered. If ye offer a few hundred more ye'l get him
    and by few hundred you mean €20... Tis the LOI after all

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    defense has been the least of our problems this season.
    Bar last Friday night of course.
    With Chocolate Wrists back to his old self and Gav Kav missing i think Murray would be a great addition.
    But of course we haven't a bob.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Heard the same yesterday morning from a Hoop (minus the figures) If true its bizarre!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

O'Neill linked with move from Rovers

By Aidan Fitzmaurice

Thursday June 30 2011

SHAMROCK Rovers manager Michael O'Neill has been linked with jobs in Scotland and Northern Ireland as the fallout from Trevor Croly's exit as Hoops No. 2 continues.
    Rovers have confirmed that highly-rated coach Croly had stepped down from his post as assistant to O'Neill at Rovers.
    "Over the past few months my football relationship with the manager has changed somewhat, which has ultimately lead to this decision," said Croly, explaining his reasons for quitting the Hoops just days before a massive league game against current league leaders St Patrick's Athletic.
    Rovers could be in for a busy month as they prepare for Champions League duty against Estonian side Flora Tallinn with changes to the squad. Skipper Dan Murray has been linked with a move to Limerick while former Sligo Rovers keeper Richard Brush is being lined up if current No. 1 Alan Mannus moves to St Johnstone.
    Boss O'Neill was today linked with the Northern Ireland job - Nigel Worthington is currently in charge of the team but he is under massive pressure after some recent results, including three defeats in the Carling Nations Cup and two disappointing draws in the Euro 2012 qualifiers.
    O'Neill has also been mentioned in relation to the job at SPL side Hibernian. Colin Caldewood is current at the helm there but he is expected to move to Birmingham City as Chris Hughton's assistant
    - Aidan Fitzmaurice
    http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/on...s-2810194.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    jobs in.... Northern Ireland as the fallout from Trevor Croly's exit as Hoops No. 2 continues.
    Surely with the franchise of Windsor park moving from Linfield to the IFA,Linfield or any other side in their leauge(the IPL) could afford this move ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    and by few hundred you mean €20... Tis the LOI after all
    With the price of petrol!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast