Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipp South & District League 2011/12

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    supposedly wayne fitz was out in cahir park at a meeting last nite, barnes and darren burns are defo goin out there, cudnt see it lasting, didnt they do this with lads from cork before? hey any idea who won the joe delaney cup or has it been played

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    they brought down 3 or 4 players from cork, season before last, think it was to try and have a good year in 2010 for there centenery year. few were decent but not exceptional a tricky winger, full back and the player manager was an alright player. the players they are being linked with now are all top players and would instantly make cahir far more competitive in the premier division. they definatly wouldnt be in a relegation battle if they add those carrick and ex town players mentioned in previous posts
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ya i remember they signed the cork lads and a cork manager i think. That really didnt work out for them one bit, i remember seeing them a sunday mornin in a pretty important relegation battle and a few of the cork lads were still drunk nearly. They just didnt have the interest or respect which was suprisin considerin the effort they would have puttin in to attend training.
    It would be good to have them competing for titles, they were always a decent juvenile club. It doesnt add up that they are never challenging for the title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kneebandage View Post
    Dont know if its true or not but there is serious rumours going around about players going to Cahir the latest i heard last night is Alan''Minge''Ryan from Carrick this is along with the others being mentioned,Wayne and Thomas Fitz,Smurf,Ian Barnes and Alan Coady,the Carrick lads on the Waterford league thread are staying very quiet so i dont know if thats a good or bad thing,time will tell though.
    Staying quiet because their is very little truth in most of it.
    There was talk of Wayne going to Cahir how true it is I dont know, Fizzy hasnt played since last november and is the middle of a lengthy rehab, Minge is retiring I think he defo wouldnt go to Cahir park at 33 years of age and Alan is only back from Oz so I dont know in his case but up and until he left he was enjoying his football with Carrick.
    Carrick United:
    Munster Junior Cup Champions 04,10 & 15, Munster Senior Cup Champions 2011, FAI Juinor Cup Champions 2008
    12 x Waterford Premier League Champions

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When do Division 4 teams usually start back?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Borris seem to be making some very shrewd signings,if they get all of the players they are been linked too they will be considerably stronger than last season,the league looks like it is going to be far more competitive and a lot more points will be dropped by the big 2

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When do the the Division 4 teams usually start back pre-season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaConnors23 View Post
    When do the the Division 4 teams usually start back pre-season?
    Every team is different but id imagine most are started back already and the rest in the next couple of weeks
    "I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    any other news from any other clubs. all transfers seem to be about cahir. surely others news or stories going around?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticlads View Post
    any other news from any other clubs. all transfers seem to be about cahir. surely others news or stories going around?
    well I wouldnt say that now! it was peake and borris up to recently

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cufc champions View Post
    Staying quiet because their is very little truth in most of it.
    There was talk of Wayne going to Cahir how true it is I dont know, Fizzy hasnt played since last november and is the middle of a lengthy rehab, Minge is retiring I think he defo wouldnt go to Cahir park at 33 years of age and Alan is only back from Oz so I dont know in his case but up and until he left he was enjoying his football with Carrick.
    I wasnt knocking ya or anything just thought it might be a bad sign for Carrick if no one denied the rumours,but at this stage thats all they are is rumours,I personally cant see Minge retiring he still has plenty to offer any team,I know Coady was enjoying Carrick but he was very good friends with Smurf and Barnsey so maybe they are putting the squeeze on him to try a new challenge but even for Cahir to be mentioned with all these players shows there must be something going on behind the scenes.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I would be surprised if cahir went down the short term/ quick fix route as they did for the last two years pure disaster for them just look at other clubs who went that route over the years peake at youths/ junior level Cashel at youths didn't have a youth team for 5 years so it doesn't work longterm for club I mean if saints can do it over 75% of their 1st team squad came through their schoolboys I think Celtic have a decent level as do Cashel now so it's not a good idea for cahir , what do you think lads ? Am I being very naive or stupid?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tots View Post
    Borris seem to be making some very shrewd signings,if they get all of the players they are been linked too they will be considerably stronger than last season,the league looks like it is going to be far more competitive and a lot more points will be dropped by the big 2

Who have they been linked with now, I believe they were linked with alot of players last season too but how many actually signed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rightboy View Post
    I would be surprised if cahir went down the short term/ quick fix route as they did for the last two years pure disaster for them just look at other clubs who went that route over the years peake at youths/ junior level Cashel at youths didn't have a youth team for 5 years so it doesn't work longterm for club I mean if saints can do it over 75% of their 1st team squad came through their schoolboys I think Celtic have a decent level as do Cashel now so it's not a good idea for cahir , what do you think lads ? Am I being very naive or stupid?
    Apparently Wyne Fitz going in as player/manager and gave a rousing speech at at a meeting with the team including his mate barry murphy must br some cash in cahir yes i said it
    Carrick United:
    Munster Junior Cup Champions 04,10 & 15, Munster Senior Cup Champions 2011, FAI Juinor Cup Champions 2008
    12 x Waterford Premier League Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Waited till 4 in the morning to say it though,ha

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    was the delaney youths played this weekend.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    was the delaney youths played this weekend.
    The Cahir Park page on Facebook states they are Joe Delaney champs 2011 so must have been played to-day. Some nice photos also on the page but no score given.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A very hollow victory for Cahir in Joe Delaney. They should never have agreed to play in a final when fairly beaten in semi, they should have stayed out of it and let League sort out it's own mess.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    fixture was not down on tsdl website i dont think. i thought the game would just be swept under the carpet forgotten about and competition just started from scratch next year. town must be fuming suppose we still have a tsdl winner of the competion in cahir park so i suppose that is one positive from the hole mess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by West Hammer View Post
    A very hollow victory for Cahir in Joe Delaney. They should never have agreed to play in a final when fairly beaten in semi, they should have stayed out of it and let League sort out it's own mess.
    Massive PR own goal,you would wonder what type of guys are running these clubs,anyone with half a brain would know you should avoid getting involved in this sort of thing,once they were beaten they should have stayed out of it,i mean what value do those medals have? On another note Cashel Town are being raided by Borris with Derek Hayes,Micky Coleman and Ross Doyle all rumoured to be on their way

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast