Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipp South & District League 2011/12

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    Tanx Mega Tots, so willl peake keep all their top players then do ya think? Any truth in padraig fogarty been approached by clonmel town, i heard that last night? Excellent player, but i believe hes staying local with thurles town, surely if hes staying local peake would want to get him back on board, crazy if they dont.
    Bit of a disaster missing out on Foggy but Villa's loss is certainly Thurles Towns gain,a quality player

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tots were are you getting all the info on the three ex peake town players?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MerchantsView View Post
    Tots were are you getting all the info on the three ex peake town players?
    I spent 10 years playing with them and speak to them all of the time as they would be good friends of mine off the field

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hey guys no point gettin carried away on who is goin where or staying where , its the end of June and it will be at least another month or so before before any player makes up his mind on who to play it's all speculation but isn't it fun to hear the stories / rumours .
    Personally I can't wait for the season to see town / celtic/ saints fight it out for the premier and also to see what effect if any Noel Byrne has on peake villa and that's no disrespect to the other clubs in the premier

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rightboy View Post
    Hey guys no point gettin carried away on who is goin where or staying where , its the end of June and it will be at least another month or so before before any player makes up his mind on who to play it's all speculation but isn't it fun to hear the stories / rumours .
    Personally I can't wait for the season to see town / celtic/ saints fight it out for the premier and also to see what effect if any Noel Byrne has on peake villa and that's no disrespect to the other clubs in the premier
    Yeah exactly its all good banter but in truth it is all shadow boxing until teams are back pre season training and playing friendlies,great to see such a buzz around the league though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Too true rightboy and megatots, im just lookin forward to seein who will be playin for who next season (im after hearin so many different stories but want to see for myself who will be where). I suppose most clubs will be gettin back trainin mid july, all will be known farely soon as managers will want there squads assembled. Busy start to the season usually with prob 2 games a week, points need to be picked up early in your to have any hope.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cant wait to see who goes to who.Theres an epic season in store.:L

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    its always of interest to see who goes where at this time of year and listen to the rumours however when we do start i expect more of the same to be honest. town and saints to battle it out for the league and at least 1 of the promoted sides to be well off the pace and cannon fodder. i cant see peake doing a hell of a lot now either if the reports of being unable to sign their former players back are true, maybe they have some good youths coming through tho. the only hope of a suprise for me would be a real challenge for the league by celtic

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the wombat View Post
    its always of interest to see who goes where at this time of year and listen to the rumours however when we do start i expect more of the same to be honest. town and saints to battle it out for the league and at least 1 of the promoted sides to be well off the pace and cannon fodder. i cant see peake doing a hell of a lot now either if the reports of being unable to sign their former players back are true, maybe they have some good youths coming through tho. the only hope of a suprise for me would be a real challenge for the league by celtic
    peakes youth team werent world beaters but if it wasnt for 1 or 2 outstanding individuals, the juniors wouldnt have got by. Surely the commitee up there wouldnt want them left behind if noel byrnes brings in players.
    Its going to be a battle between town and st.michaels for the league.Clonmel Cletic, of course, will be there abouts, havent really heard much rumours about potential signings from them on here yet though.
    I dont really know much about Cahir Park but why are they never challenging for league honours?? they nearly got relegated last year. For such a big town and without as much a challenge as GAA, as say Thurles, it baffles me. Surely the TSDL would be a much stronger league with a strong Cahir team challenging. There facililties are top notch also.
    Last edited by MerchantsView; 27/06/2011 at 9:59 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MerchantsView View Post
    the washing machine man was over the other day and he is a big peake man. He said peakes youth team werent world beaters but if it wasnt for 1 or 2 outstanding individuals, the juniors wouldnt have got by. Surely the commitee up there wouldnt want them left behind if noel byrnes brings in players.
    Its going to be a battle between town and st.michaels for the league.Clonmel Cletic, of course, will be there abouts, havent really heard much rumours about potential signings from them on here yet though.
    I dont really know much about Cahir Park but why are they never challenging for league honours?? they nearly got relegated last year. For such a big town and without as much a challenge as GAA, as say Thurles, it baffles me. Surely the TSDL would be a much stronger league with a strong Cahir team challenging. There facililties are top notch also.
    It will be interesting to see how the peake do next year actually,Last year their team was very unsettled.Completely agree with the bit about Cahir,its quite unbelievable.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Irish Amateur team beaten 2-1 by hosts Portugal to-night in final of European Amateur Nations Cup. Nil all at half-time, Portugal took the lead, Ireland levelled before Portugal got what proved the winner. All three St.Michaels players took part, James Walsh captained the side, Chris Higgins played in defence and Paul Breen came on in the second-half.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Heard about result in Portugal from Reports best team lost by a fluke goal but as we all know that happens in football but does nt it make u proud to have 3 tsdl players involved and also knowing that the like s of tony Scully Ritchie ryan (saints n town ) and jimmy carr are knocking on the door to be in squad

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    Irish Amateur team beaten 2-1 by hosts Portugal to-night in final of European Amateur Nations Cup. Nil all at half-time, Portugal took the lead, Ireland levelled before Portugal got what proved the winner. All three St.Michaels players took part, James Walsh captained the side, Chris Higgins played in defence and Paul Breen came on in the second-half.
    Fair play to them for getteing there.Massive achievment and good to see a few TSDL lads on the team.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rightboy View Post
    Heard about result in Portugal from Reports best team lost by a fluke goal but as we all know that happens in football but does nt it make u proud to have 3 tsdl players involved and also knowing that the like s of tony Scully Ritchie ryan (saints n town ) and jimmy carr are knocking on the door to be in squad

Great aint it....hopefully we can reach an oscar traynor final with these players. Also, one of our clubs grab a FAI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Losing finalists in 2001, Braga finally got their hands on the UEFA Regions' Cup trophy, with right-back José Fortunato winning a tight final against Leinster & Munster with a fine chip from the flank six minutes from time at the Estádio Cidade de Barcelos.
    The No2 had been picked out in space as Dito's side poured forward, and wrong-footed Leinster & Munster goalkeeper Brendan O'Connell with a supremely composed finish. Braga had taken the lead through a no less impressive Pedro Nobre strike on 62 minutes, but their dogged opponents struck back soon after, David O'Sullivan pouncing on a loose ball after Ray Whelehan's free-kick was parried.
    Crossbars rattled at both ends before the break. Leinster & Munster gave early warning of their threat on three minutes, with Laurence Dunne's strike unwittingly finding the frame of the goal via a deflection off defender Daniel Simões. Powerful and assured throughout this tournament, the Irish side made the early running, but nimble and enterprising Braga slowly gained a foothold.
    O'Connell made the first save of the game, blocking with a foot after Diogo Leite threaded a ball through to João Silva in the box, while Luís Ribeiro forced the goalkeeper to make a diving stop with a menacing strike from outside the box. Yet it was Pedro Nobre who got the crowd on their feet. The fleet-footed winger weaved his way into the box on the left in first-half added time and was repelled once before returning with an even more dazzling display of skill, ghosting around two defenders and driving against the underside of the crossbar.
    The interval came at a good time for Gerry Smith's side, whose attacking verve seemed to be returning before Braga struck just after the hour. As Irish players crowded to stop Pedro Nobre spinning into the box once more, the winger cut back on the edge of the area and squeezed a low shot past O'Connell's outstretched right hand.
    Leinster & Munster responded six minutes later. Whelehan's fierce free-kick surprised Rui Vieira, who could only fend the ball out to O'Sullivan, who finished unerringly. Game on once more, José Ferreira fluffed his lines when Pedro Nobre planted the ball at his feet on the break, but the killer blow was struck on 84 minutes, when the ball was fed out wide to José Fortunato. The right-back sent in a glorious chip from the flank which dipped under the crossbar and in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    tipp town Fc and cahir park back in pre season this week. would imagine it will be another few weeks before most other clubs are back doing abit
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Any truth in Wayne Fitz from Carrick taken over at Cahir Park...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    would believe it. Cahir badly need a turnaround in fortunes at junior level. someone like wayne fitz with abit of clout in attracting top junior players is just what cahir need. but i havent personally heard the rumour he is taking over
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    Any truth in Wayne Fitz from Carrick taken over at Cahir Park...
    Dont know if its true or not but there is serious rumours going around about players going to Cahir the latest i heard last night is Alan''Minge''Ryan from Carrick this is along with the others being mentioned,Wayne and Thomas Fitz,Smurf,Ian Barnes and Alan Coady,the Carrick lads on the Waterford league thread are staying very quiet so i dont know if thats a good or bad thing,time will tell though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    looks like cahir have to decided to throw a bit of money at it and see can they buy success. the sheiks have arrived in the tsdl......................
    Last edited by the wombat; 30/06/2011 at 4:41 PM.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast