Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Robbie Keane Stand

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Apart from being one of the most prolific goalscorers in the history of international football and the toughest league in the world, the Premier League, Robbie Keane is crap.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Apart from being one of the most prolific goalscorers in the history of international football and the toughest league in the world, the Premier League, Robbie Keane is crap.
    Prolific in British and Irish teams on the international scene not in the history of international football, thats just complete rubbish. I'll give him this much, a goal to every 2 games is a terrific feat, but how many of those goals were against some of the worst teams in the world? It's open to criticism but I just don't like him as a player.
    And sorry, but he is most definitely NOT prolific in the Premier League.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Prolific in British and Irish teams on the international scene not in the history of international football, thats just complete rubbish. I'll give him this much, a goal to every 2 games is a terrific feat, but how many of those goals were against some of the worst teams in the world? It's open to criticism but I just don't like him as a player.
    And sorry, but he is most definitely NOT prolific in the Premier League.
    I don't like him as a player either, he's very frustrating to watch, but you can't argue with the statistics. 11th highest goalscorer in Premier League history, out of thousands of players who have appeared in the last 20 years.

29th highest goalscorer in international football, and all the players above him had to play against poor sides as well. There are easier confederations than UEFA to play your football in.

One of the all-time greats? Definitely not, but he's definitely one of the most productive in the modern game.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    10th top scorer in Premier League history: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics
    29th highest scorer in international football: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...national_goals

I'm sure some of his goals were against the worst teams in the world but no more than you'd expect a top class striker to score. His record compares favourably with Bobby Charlton with respect to the importance of games he scored in and in influnencing the outcome of ties:

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/GAA-F...ne-record.aspx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    I'm not questioning that he has scored plenty of goals, as I said, a great feat for any player to score so many. But I just don't like him as a player. As Peadar said, very frustrating to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954
    how many of those goals were against some of the worst teams in the world?
    They were scored against Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Holland to name a few, at the highest level of the game.

I'm not questioning that he has scored plenty of goals, as I said, a great feat for any player to score so many. But I just don't like him as a player. As Peadar said, very frustrating to watch.
    His job is to score goals, which he's done more of, for this country or the 4 UK ones. But he appeals decisions and moans a bit, so people don't like him. But I'd rather have him in my team than wimps like Steven Ireland any day of the week.

As regards the stand issue, it's an insult to all right-minded football people, and can never be allowed.
    Last edited by mypost; 25/06/2011 at 7:28 AM.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234