Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Transfers and Pre-Season 2011

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rightboy View Post
    Hi guys I'm new to the forum just a comment in relation to johnny Connery at st michaels the word on the street is that he is leaving for pike because he got a crazy finacial offer which he couldn't turn down and to be fair he also knew saints would never go down that road so if true good luck to him, also the word out here is fairview are looking / talking to the clonmel town goalkeeper anyone know anything about this
    The Connery story is old news now, has been posted three times already. The dogs in the Tipperary streets are barking about it. Some deal for a lad who never established a permanent place with St.Michaels but fair dues to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    The Connery story is old news now, has been posted three times already. The dogs in the Tipperary streets are barking about it. Some deal for a lad who never established a permanent place with St.Michaels but fair dues to him.
    He'll be getting a happy meal after training and match days.he couldn't turn down that offer,and if he scores he will be spoilt with donkey fords.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuafc_4_life View Post
    What do the carew players think of their new manager, has any one heard anything.???
    Any thoughts from the carew park boys on foot.??
    Well he's from Carew park and played with them for years,they will be well chuffed I'd say,kilmallocks loss carews gain,will he take a few with him? i wonder.kilmallock can't really afford to lose any players.and if they do they'll probably have to go back to the gaa players,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Happy meal my backside the boy showed his offer in writing but look that's his and pike s own business to deny it well that s the joke I think no-nonsense is right johnny Connery was a squad player decent but nit first choice I would say saints are not worried it's not jimmy carr Ritchie ryan or any if the good young players they have

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops38 View Post
    yep thats him,top bloke but feels his legs are,nt upto another year premier.
    now i wouldnt say that he well up to it i say he has to years left if not more

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Mick Ahern is the new asisstant manager of fairview .
    heard the B team were looking for an assistant alright,still its a shock appointment.best of luck to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboywonder8 View Post
    Well he's from Carew park and played with them for years,they will be well chuffed I'd say,kilmallocks loss carews gain,will he take a few with him? i wonder.kilmallock can't really afford to lose any players.and if they do they'll probably have to go back to the gaa players,
    Best of luck to him with carew anyway first off, but no i wouldnt think any of the players would follow him to be honest. Hopefully not anyway but i might be wrong. I cant see him lasting too long in there imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuafc_4_life View Post
    Best of luck to him with carew anyway first off, but no i wouldnt think any of the players would follow him to be honest. Hopefully not
    anyway but i might be wrong. I cant see him lasting too long in there imo.
    Have Kilmallock got a manager now??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I hear Mark Heffernan and his brother John and Marty Foley are jumping ship from Kilmallock to Charleville.
    Last edited by Balbec77; 24/06/2011 at 10:27 PM.

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    yep thats him,top bloke but feels his legs are,nt upto another year premier.
    what age is he???
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
    shane tracey captained for arsenal youths for a few games and hes back at limerick and hes not that special is he?? All these young fellas with big reps when their young fellas and they get nowhere.

Shane is a great player.

Treaty where were all these local fans when we had a full squad of locals? Nowhere to be seen thats where.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigballs2 View Post
    Have Kilmallock got a manager now??
    No still waiting for the AGM for the manager to be passed, but everyone out in kilmallock knows whos getting it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Shane is a great player.

Treaty where were all these local fans when we had a full squad of locals? Nowhere to be seen thats where.
    make your mind up you have slagged him off in a lot of your posts go back and read them?? He is a great player and if he was playing junior he would be best in town..Limerick have had so many false dawns in the last 15-20 years and it's going to take time to get the people of Limerick to believe in senior soccer in this town and credit to pat o Sullivan he is an inspiration to everyone and is winning that battle it's going to take time but if you had a team with a fair sprinkling of local talent and playing attractive football not the s*#T scully is encouraging with 5 at the back at home and allways falling flat against the so called bigger teams for the past two seasons with his massive budget I think people would come and support the club.. I know I would and I would encourage my mates to aswell but unfortunately everytime a crowd came to jackman past two seasons they havnt seen anything to encourage them to come back.. Do you agree??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balbec77 View Post
    I hear Mark Heffernan and his brother John and Marty Foley are jumping ship from Kilmallock to Charleville.
    That wont happen at all faces oh sorry i mean balbec77, so can you answer the question someone asked earlier will any Kilmallock players be following Pa Byrnes into Carew Park.????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rightboy View Post
    Happy meal my backside the boy showed his offer in writing but look that's his and pike s own business to deny it well that s the joke I think no-nonsense is right johnny Connery was a squad player decent but nit first choice I would say saints are not worried it's not jimmy carr Ritchie ryan or any if the good young players they have
    He started against pike in the munster junior and was very good he started against clonmel in the league playoff and started the Fai final how is he just a squad player???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    He started against pike in the munster junior and was very good he started against clonmel in the league playoff and started the Fai final how is he just a squad player???
    He didnt start munster junior you quoted 3 games I am basing my opinion on the whole season where he didn't establish himself on the 1 st eleven foggy had work commitments towards end of seasons so that worked against him , I'm not saying John was a poor player his decent player/ fella but he was not an automatic choice and I think he will do fine for pike and best of luck to both parties

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    what age is he???
    about 30-31 id say.still a very good fullback i think

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    did john connery play with wembley minors afew years back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tedd11 View Post
    did john connery play with wembley minors afew years back?
    yes he did. played with the A team for a few games aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    make your mind up you have slagged him off in a lot of your posts go back and read them?? He is a great player and if he was playing junior he would be best in town..Limerick have had so many false dawns in the last 15-20 years and it's going to take time to get the people of Limerick to believe in senior soccer in this town and credit to pat o Sullivan he is an inspiration to everyone and is winning that battle it's going to take time but if you had a team with a fair sprinkling of local talent and playing attractive football not the s*#T scully is encouraging with 5 at the back at home and allways falling flat against the so called bigger teams for the past two seasons with his massive budget I think people would come and support the club.. I know I would and I would encourage my mates to aswell but unfortunately everytime a crowd came to jackman past two seasons they havnt seen anything to encourage them to come back.. Do you agree??

100% agree with that ya.

And you must have went back an awful long way to find me slagging off Shane.

I never said he was a bad player i said he was playing crap last year because he was playing crap last year which was frustrating because i know how good he is.

The 5 at the back happened once ever since Pat is in charge and he does play some nice football at times but nice football doesnt get you out of the 1st division. Id rather get out of the 1st then play nice football.

Id love to see locals in as much as anybody but if they are not good enough then what would the point be?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast