Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh i can be bitter :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    On the refs, I believe the point is they are far, far too expensive and bringing a ref all the way down from the wee north (especially one as powder puff as McLoughlin) is ridiculous carry on from an association that can't give it's leagues representative players a few bob.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    monaghan to limerick and back is 500 Kms. Thats 500 by 78c per km as per their entitelment is €390 plus match fee
    Your figures are wrong, it was 78cent per mile two seasons ago, its now 50cent per mile, not km.
    Also some refs have had to wait MONTHS to get paid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    It does look a penalty from the video there. The video isn't conclusive but I don't see how anyone would argue that it looks like anything else.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    It does look a penalty from the video there. The video isn't conclusive but I don't see how anyone would argue that it looks like anything else.

a nailed on dive by philly. there i took the option of not siding with your condesending comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    a nailed on dive by philly. there i took the option of not siding with your condesending comment
    Doesn't make you less wrong.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    McLaughlin was referee of the Waterford United v Monaghan play off game in Waterford last season. Waterford United objected as he lives and works in Monaghan but the FAI let him ref and it left a sour taste with some of the decisions that went Monaghan's way that night. You'd think they'd appoint referees who don't have to travel so far and whose neutrality couldn't be questioned.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    McLaughlin was referee of the Waterford United v Monaghan play off game in Waterford last season. Waterford United objected as he lives and works in Monaghan but the FAI let him ref and it left a sour taste with some of the decisions that went Monaghan's way that night. You'd think they'd appoint referees who don't have to travel so far and whose neutrality couldn't be questioned.
    How may refs are there in the south east? Just wondering is all.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Foot.ie!

As a limerick fan i was annoyed with many things about our no show the other night but one thing that really peeved me was the ref Paul McLoughlin. Not at his performance but the fact he was from Monaghan. Nothing against monaghan ppl either but when i think of it monaghan to limerick and back is 500 Kms. Thats 500 by 78c per km as per their entitelment is €390 plus match fee and meals makes him taking home a handy pay pack for a few hours of standing around and not taking corntrol of a game. just thought id mention thats all Paul as you drove home with nearly a grand in ur phoca the other night
    If you are going to start a thread the least you can do is have the information factually correct. 78c per kilometer is totally incorrect. IF you meant 78c per mile that is also incorrect.

your inference that the referee went home PAID is also incorrect. No money was paid to the referee on the night...so in actual fact he went home with nothing. In fact it cost him petrol money to go to Limerick. Yes, he can submit expenses for match fee etc...but then it has to be paid...whenever...

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copa Mundial View Post
    If you are going to start a thread the least you can do is have the information factually correct. 78c per kilometer is totally incorrect. IF you meant 78c per mile that is also incorrect.
    So how much is it then?
    Surely a man like youself could set us straight on the actual fee per mile/KM?
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    So how much is it then?
    Surely a man like youself could set us straight on the actual fee per mile/KM?
    It's already there in post #22

Looks like he'd get about €150-160 for the travel expences - which seems quite fair to me. Think about the cost of fuel & associated car costs, or (deity forbid) the cost of public transport to&from. It's going to cost €100 whatever way you look at it & that's just expence, not time costs.
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Sean Grant from Wexford and Jim McKell from Tipperary are the two I can think of. I don't think there are any refs from Waterford in the league at the moment.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Sean Grant from Wexford and Jim McKell from Tipperary are the two I can think of. I don't think there are any refs from Waterford in the league at the moment.
    A Cork ref would've made more sense. As far as I recall, Alan Kelly would've been available on the night (a Tuesday) as there were only play-off games on. I know he doesn't do First Division, but a play-off is a hugely important match. Even Dublin refs would've been a lot closer. It was just really bizarre that they would plump for a Monaghan-based ref for a Monaghan match in Waterford, but this is the League of Ireland we're talking about! Maybe he was cutting down on petrol costs by travelling home on the Monaghan team bus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    McLoughlin was ref on Friday nigh in Oriel, thought he had an alright game.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/othe...s-2806216.html .See someone is reading our informed comment . Referres Fees are way to high they are one of the single expenses for clubs.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yep, lifted directly from the thread.

As an counterpoint, though, the club know the fees due at the start of the season and it can't be used as an excuse for underestimating their own day-to-day expenses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    McLoughlin was ref on Friday nigh in Oriel, thought he had an alright game.
    Ran the game well i hear.Obviously he has been promoted to the prem leauge as i cant remember him having reffed a top level match before ??

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Yep, lifted directly from the thread.
    Lets hope they will be as quick to correct the Indo as they were to correct the inaccuracies in this thread.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copa Mundial View Post

your inference that the referee went home PAID is also incorrect. No money was paid to the referee on the night...so in actual fact he went home with nothing. In fact it cost him petrol money to go to Limerick. Yes, he can submit expenses for match fee etc...but then it has to be paid...whenever...
    just posted to start a debate and draw attention to the fees whatever they may be I just did a Tommy Dunne thing and suggested figures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12