Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weekends Latest (w/e 17 June)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    This man has done so much for Shamrock Rovers: http://foot.ie/members/700-tippex
    .... maybe they could name a stand after him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    So your mate was getting attacked and you did nothing?
    Ian Fosters Black & White army

The Home of football is oriel!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well I don't know what to tell you because I wasn't let out until all the Dundalk fans had gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundalkjames View Post
    So your mate was getting attacked and you did nothing?
    a Rovers fan pulled a spoon on them from his jacket. What would you do in that situation?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post
    another entertaining game in United park for our first home win in over a year! We are unrecognisable from the team we were sending out even a few short weeks ago. Confidence is such a huge part of football and you can see our lads are now brimming with it. We played some nice stuff in very slick conditions. Mulvenna has made such a big difference to us as well (thanks very much Duns ) - he and Dinny Corcoran are linking up brilliantly up front.
    Having said all that we were lucky to get a quick 2nd straight after UCD scored their equaliser, as they were well on top at the time. Still, only 3 points off the students now
    Didn't really think it was entertaining at all to be honest, but I suppose that's the difference between losing your seventh league game on the trot and picking up a second win in three (I think for ye?). Disappointing loss for us; obviously it brings ye closer to us (and ye could well pass us out if those transfer in rumours come about), but also because ye're really bad. Particularly disappointing that we didn't really test ye're dodgy keeper all night. Fortunately, Galway make both of us look like Barca, so it's moot.

The ref had a shocker though (and I don't usually criticise refs). Immediately before ye're second and third goals, it looked like we had a clear cut free/penalty; Rusky and Sami seemed to be just taken out of it. Nothing given; ye go straight down the pitch and score. Also thought the sending off for ye was harsh; maybe it was the ref trying to clamp down on long sliding tackles on what could have been a slippery pitch. Other than that, didn't think the tackle really merited a second yellow.

Galway game in a couple of weeks is a biggie now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    A very high standard of football from both sides in the Brandywell last night.

Derry were excellent in the 1st half with Zayed missing a few chances but Sligo weathered the storm and played brilliant in the 2nd half with Ger Doherty making a great save late on to save what would have been an OG!

N'Do looked to be back to his best when he came on in the 2nd half.

So as 0-0 draws go it was very entertaining and had a decent atmosphere .
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    The "Europe" will hit and the balls will drop !!
    Yep that's what I'm afraid of and as usual we will start dropping stupid points probably in the last round of games, That's why I would like to get a big gap between us, Sligo, Derry, Bohs and Dundalk before we start to falter
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Well I don't know what to tell you because I wasn't let out until all the Dundalk fans had gone.
    You don't have to tell him anything because as you said you didn't see anything so I'm not sure why your still replying to the incident??

This did happen, as myself and my dad had to step in to help the young dundalk lad who was being attacked, plenty of people around watching the goings on as well. The lads who attacked him were no older than 15 or 16 and I have no idea if they were at the game but some were wearing Rovers gear and chanting Rovers songs, take from that what you will.

The point being made is that the security outside Tallaght has gone down hill, last season it was spot on, holding away supporters back and plenty of Garda outside, not just at the lights. Now they segregate fans in the stadium but let them all out together and make away fans go to the Rovers end to buy tickets before the game!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    a Rovers fan pulled a spoon on them from his jacket. What would you do in that situation?
    Duh, play knifey spoony of course.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Whi out the ice cream and have a party
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Duno who thats directed at but we where not lookign for trouble last night, left the ground straight away after the match, along with every other person at that game last night, went across the main road into the car park of the shopping centre and scumbags came legging it up the road and set upon one chap! He tried to walk away but they kept banging into him and pulling him back and then started punching him for no reason other than him wwearing a DFR tracksuit! So yeah both sets of fans should be let out at different times, as is the case in most grounds! But thats twice now in Tallaght this season our lot where let out at the same time as the home crowd!
    Same sh!t happened at our cup semi final last season in Tallaght! We were all let out at the same time, thankfully the Luas managed to pull off as the Sham fans charged towards it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey9 View Post
    Same sh!t happened at our cup semi final last season in Tallaght! We were all let out at the same time, thankfully the Luas managed to pull off as the Sham fans charged towards it!
    Maybe the incident at the Dundalk game could have been a coincidence, but if this fella in the Dundalk tracksuit was hanging round at a Shams-Pat's game as well, he's clearly just looking for trouble!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567