Thread: Limerick Division 1A 2011/12

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankyboy26 View Post
    Charleville will be nowhere near relegation pal
    Where did it all go wrong Lankyboy?how come all the guys who travelled out from limerick left half way through the season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The pitches in Clare are better than what we have in Limerick. Look at this division, Caherconlish, the Greenhills, Shelbourne Park, Portland Park, Moyross. All these pitches are poor in fairness!
    Shelbourne park isnt a bad pitch. Portland would be grand if it never rained.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    Shelbourne park isnt a bad pitch. Portland would be grand if it never rained.
    That made me laugh.
    The Beautiful Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    Where did it all go wrong Lankyboy?how come all the guys who travelled out from limerick left half way through the season?
    There was 3 of us who were travelling out from Limerick to play. I did all the pre-season with them and played in a pre-season friendly v Moyross where I tore my hamstring badly so i missed the entire first half of the season. My brother played one match I think before deciding he didn't want to play anymore because he had no way of getting out there for training etc. (he didn't drive at the time). Mark Danaher joined Balla B for personal reasons. That was 3 of the starting 11 gone. And in addition to that, the manager, Scott Haworth, left the club around Christmas time and they had to get the Charleville B manager to take over. It was a mess really, totally upset the whole team. I decided to sign for Athlunkard then at Christmas, because I was too busy with work and family commitments to train for Charleville, plus the injury kept niggling at me. In the end I didn't end up even playing one game for Charleville last season, and played about 4 for Athlunkard. As for the rest of the Charleville lads, the team was way too young in my opinion to survive in 1A, hardly any experienced lads were on the team, and that's what cost them in the end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    Shelbourne park isnt a bad pitch. Portland would be grand IF it never rained.
    That's a pretty big "IF"??? Shelbourne Park is as bobbly as Portland!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    There was 3 of us who were travelling out from Limerick to play. I did all the pre-season with them and played in a pre-season friendly v Moyross where I tore my hamstring badly so i missed the entire first half of the season. My brother played one match I think before deciding he didn't want to play anymore because he had no way of getting out there for training etc. (he didn't drive at the time). Mark Danaher joined Balla B for personal reasons. That was 3 of the starting 11 gone. And in addition to that, the manager, Scott Haworth, left the club around Christmas time and they had to get the Charleville B manager to take over. It was a mess really, totally upset the whole team. I decided to sign for Athlunkard then at Christmas, because I was too busy with work and family commitments to train for Charleville, plus the injury kept niggling at me. In the end I didn't end up even playing one game for Charleville last season, and played about 4 for Athlunkard. As for the rest of the Charleville lads, the team was way too young in my opinion to survive in 1A, hardly any experienced lads were on the team, and that's what cost them in the end
    That brought a tear to my eye, very sad story altogether, and you having a go at Hibs at every chance, give it a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the lobster View Post
    That brought a tear to my eye, very sad story altogether, and you having a go at Hibs at every chance, give it a break.
    I said nothing about the Hibs team! I was having a mess about the name of the club??? I didn't even see Hibs this season. Played against them twice last year and found them to be average so obviously they improved a lot and deserve to go up, you happy now??? Ye have no sense of humour out in Clare

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    I've seen two or three games and he has been average at best..but hey that's just my opinion
    scond what was your view on shannon towns best players you spend a lot of time down watching there games
    CDSL Cup Champions 2008 / 2009 / 2011 / 2013 / 2014 - CDSL League Champions 2010/11 - - - - - - 2011 /12

members - TBC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
    That made me laugh.
    I probably should have put a after that sentence...your own pitch isn't too bad either, again if it didn't rain

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    That made me laugh.
    Portland will hopefully be sanded and re-done to improved stardards in the next few years.. And hopefully we will get the second pitch right before that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonandwhite View Post
    Portland will hopefully be sanded and re-done to improved stardards in the next few years.. And hopefully we will get the second pitch right before that.
    Excellent news. The set up you guys have is top drawer, only to be let down by the pitches at the moment. Get them right and you'll attract even more players I think. I have great time for Summerville and almost signed for them several times! Mr Manahan was on to me with a form most Summers. A great bloke and a fantastic clubman. I'm sure ye miss his influence a lot.
    The Beautiful Game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Excellent news. The set up you guys have is top drawer, only to be let down by the pitches at the moment. Get them right and you'll attract even more players I think. I have great time for Summerville and almost signed for them several times! Mr Manahan was on to me with a form most Summers. A great bloke and a fantastic clubman. I'm sure ye miss his influence a lot.
    now u said it... wer doin a 50km cycle durin july in his honour to raise money for a Defibulator(mind the spelling).. total legend and is missed by everone up here. He coached my generation at under 10 level and followed to group up to junior level where most of us played under him, just an absolute gentleman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    now u said it... wer doin a 50km cycle durin july in his honour to raise money for a Defibulator(mind the spelling).. total legend and is missed by everone up here. He coached my generation at under 10 level and followed to group up to junior level where most of us played under him, just an absolute gentleman.
    Thats great news. Best of luck with that booster.
    The Beautiful Game

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667