Thread: Cork City -v- Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Cork City -v- Bohemians

City 0 - 1 Bohemians

Grant after 40', lovely evening for a game of ball by all accounts
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    God almighty. Still 1-0, 83 mins!

C'mon City...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Result: Cork City 0 - 1 Bohemians
    City had a penalty claim dismissed by Ian Stokes nine minutes into the second half, when Shay Kelly in the Bohemians goal appeared to take down John O Flynn in the area, after the City striker had beaten him to the ball. Billy Woods replaced Lordan after 76 minutes as City looked for an equaliser. Behan and Nwankwo were also introduced with three minutes remaining. O Flynn again came close for City late on, shooting wide from Behan’s set up, but it was too late as City lose their ten-game unbeaten run in the league.

FúCKS SAKE!

thecorner
    as usual a great result follows up with a bad one

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Angry

Stokes is some *****R!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Terrible result, losing at home after the highs of Saturday.

The question has to be asked of those responsible, why was this game played so soon after the Malmo game, I understand the desire not to have a build up of fixtures later in the season, but why not play wednesday and give it an extra day at the very least.

Shels must be laughing. Nine points clear without playing well this season.

Having said that, We did go ten unbeaten, and while this is a setback, I see no reason why this team can't go another ten unbeaten
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very strange goings on out there tonight. Its obvious by now that a fit Kevin Doyle is a far better striker than a cruising John O'Flynn. If everyone else in the ground could see it, why couldn't Dolan see that O'Flynn was working at half pace and generally not at the races. Should have been taken off early in the second half, and O'Flynn himself looked like he wanted an early bath anyway. Instead we got Billy for Lordan who was playing well, and the usual cavalry with five minutes to go. Daft. The ref was worse than O'Flynn, but his decisions were equally wrong for both teams. I think he was listening to Euro 2004 on his earpiece. But most peculiar of all...what do the Cork defence, and Murphy in particular, have against passing the ball to Kearney? Except for a few suicidal lobs into the corner, of course, where he got mangled. I'm no great fan of the wee little fellow, but fair dues to him for running his socks off despite being ignored by his 'betters'. The number of times he pleaded for a simple ball to feet from Murphy and Murray to no effect was frustrating to watch.

applehunter

We are as good as Bohs

Even though we lost I was happy to see that the gap between ourselves and Bohs is gone. We matched them all over the pitch and I am not that disappointed as I could be at the result after seeing that performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not for the first time this season Ian Stokes has cost us a game. He had a disgraceful performance tonight and to hear Pat Kelly trying to justify it after was sickening. We should have had a peno when Kelly took Flynny out of it but Stokes didn't give it (yet he gave Longford a far more dodgy peno against us earlier in the season). Anyway, I'm not goint to off on a rant as it's pointless.

The team didn't do a whole lot wrong tonight and we were as good as Bohs but just couldn't convert our chances. I hate to critisise one of our own but Flynny was terrible tonight, many people were saying he's simply not interested but I think he's just still not fully fit, he showed it tonight and against Malmo that he ain't fit. However the only way he can gain fitness is by playing matches I suppose.

The crowd tonight was pathetic, I'd say there wasn't much more than 2000 there. It was one of the wettest nights of the year and it's a shame because I'd have expected 5/6000 tonight.

Anyway, it was a bad result for us but we've shown that we are as good as any team in this league and it's only a matter of time before the results reflect that. Roll on Sweden on Sunday and hopefully we can take out tonights frustration on Malmo.....
    Champions!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree, our subs coming on with 5 minutes to go is totally predictable at this stage of the season, doyler should be up front, flynny's situation is interesting, he is not the player of the last two seasons, taking injuries into account, the long ball tonight was a waste of time as our front two were not competing with the bohs backline, georgie & danny were the only ones with a bit of passion about them, l

thecorner
    was there no karaoke in the horseshoe tonight????

amazed at the time of some of the posts here tonight

eastcork
    This was as predictable as the 2-2 between sweden and denmark last night....very hard to motivate yourselves after such a high profile win like last saturday....at least the lads will have a few days to relax now before next sunday....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    pathetic crowd.....boo hoo a bit of rain.....for fuc sake like...what is wrong with people?? Its only a bit of a soaking, go home afterwards have a hot shower and a cuppa tea and that will sort you out.....After the game on saturday the team deserved better

pathetic ref.......how stokes is given the authority to ref a game is beyond me.....he is a retard.....he doesn;t have a clue.......he clearly dislikes city and the tackles by teh bohs players he left unpunished was a disgrace.....I wont even mention the spotter......arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh he really does drive you mad.......he has cost city too many points this season already...

as for the game itself......thought we had the better chances in the 1st half...had a couple of shots just wide(doyle and flynny) and fenn's corsoobar hit...2nd half we just couldn't get it.....a couple of near misses and missed chances. We are more than a match for bohs and we have to be happy now that we are more than capable of beating every team in the league now....you just need the luck and an impartial ref to do it......

george was brilliant last night.......he ran everywhere and was always looking for the ball.some of his play was excellent......

flynny was 2 yards off the pace all night and I believe its all down to him not having proper preseason training....the rest of the squad ran their socks off in preseason to get their fitness levels up...john never had that...came into the team barely fir got injured again and then put back in again.....he hasn't got that spring but hopefully it will come in time..

oh and I think devine was at fault for the goal...he misjudged the flight of the ball....leaving grant to punch/head the ball into teh net from the far post...
    Last edited by NorthoftheLee; 23/06/2004 at 8:28 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bohs started the stronger and Grant did cause us problems. Having said that, I thought the City performance was quite good last night. We played well and created lots of chances. First half alone, we hit the bar and Doyle and JOF both went very close. Unlucky to be 1-0 down at HT. Second half we matched them and were unlucky not to get a penalty. Last year, we didn't look this good against them. We played good football last night and if we keep this up, we'll overtake Bohs again.

Mick Devine made a great save in the second half and did well overall. One tiny criicism - he kept booting the ball up field on to the Bohs back 4, who have no problem dealing with high balls. Result - we lose possesion.
    Danny were excellent as usual, but all our back 4 did well aginst a very strong Crowe/Grant partnership. Lordan got a crucial block in to save a certain goal. I do understand why he was taken off though. Billy offers more going forward.
    Our midfield matched theirs and George was excellent. Kearney tried, but didn's seem to get the ball passed to him enough. Doyle did well and Colin was his usual self.
    Fenn did ok. Some nice touches. JOF was rubbish. Looked like he didn't care. We'd have been better with Doyle up front.

Ref - I thought it was a penalty. Apart from that, I thought he did ok. He booked 3/4 of their players in what was not a dirty match. At one stage, he must have given us 7-8 decisions in a row and the Shed was still abusing him. What more do we want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamon
    Ref - I thought it was a penalty. Apart from that, I thought he did ok. He booked 3/4 of their players in what was not a dirty match. At one stage, he must have given us 7-8 decisions in a row and the Shed was still abusing him. What more do we want?
    Their goal was a clear obstruction on Devine obvious to everyone on de Derrynane Rd side except de linesman. Boh's fully deserved their bookings due to their late tackling and sneaky little kicks - I thought he left them get away with a lot before he finally started showing cards; nothing was done about the blatant time wasting

All in all I thought the ref & assistants were de difference between de 2 teams last nite

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    We did enough to deserve a draw from last night.
    More than matched Bohs in the first half, didn't really put them under pressure in the 2nd half until maybe the last few minutes.

Thought Kearney and Doyle looked very menacing in the 1st half but didn't get any real ball after that. George was excellent in the first but drifted out of the game after that. O'Flynn is a shadow of his former self, pitiful.

Stokes raped us as per usual.
    But in the grand scheme of things a draw and a loss are about the same thing really. 9 points off now and level on games.

eastcork
    One thing that i have picked up on from the posts is that doyle and kearney are not getting enough ball....we all saw what they could do when they got it against malmo...these two are exciting talents...i did notice that they do not get enough ball....from watching the game against malmo, there were a few occasions where kearney was all on his own, roaring for the ball only to be ignored my murphy and murray....whats their game...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It was obvious the inter toto was gonna cost us some points but shel$ & Bohs will also have euro games to distract them in july/august which might mean they'd have to cram game sinto the end of the season.

euro2004 was always going to lose city fans anyway which probably makes it all the more stupid to arrange a game this week. Interestingly Bohs were allowed delay a league cup game for 2 weeks for no good reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Interestingly Bohs were allowed delay a league cup game for 2 weeks for no good reason.
    presumably cause of the dublin bias

REBEL ARMY.. off to europe

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Interestingly Bohs were allowed delay a league cup game for 2 weeks for no good reason.

something to do with UCD having a fund raising night but there is also another factor that i can't quite remember

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast