Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Investigate Alleged Racist Abuse Of Zayed

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but whats this got to do with Louise? She is out of the country at the moment so dont understand how she is being dragged into this.
    Pats were singing she gives good head and takes it up the arse to wind up Zayed during the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Army View Post
    You obviously never meet the lads who own it. I think one of them bumped into a few Shels fans a few weeks ago which made the national news.
    I'll admit ignorance. I'm genuinely surprised by this. Do tell me more. Is there a link or anything? What do other Cork fans make of these chaps? Essentially, how do they get away with the display of such iconography if the intent behind it is clearly tied in with the idea of white power and all that nonsense?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Then you've the Cork GAA fans who fly the Confederate flag - granted, the colours are the same, but still slightly off-putting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Then you've the Cork GAA fans who fly the Confederate flag - granted, the colours are the same, but still slightly off-putting.
    I don't believe there's any racist intent behind that though, is there? Just has to do with the colours, no? Red Army seems to be suggesting that Cork City have a far-right element within their support who wave flags that don't just happen to feature symbolism also associated with neo-Nazism, but, presumably, because they feature symbolism associated with neo-Nazism.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Look on the bright side - finally LoI footage featured on mainstream RTE news!

If something was said (at either game), then it should be investigated and justice allowed to prevail. The fact that the mainstream media, and the usual "barstoolers", are all over this to justify their own prejudices is ridiculous.

btw, not sure what the comments (as posted above - I wasn't at either game) about his sister have to do with anything - it might be vulgar, but it's not racist imho. I hope that wasn't the catalyst for the complaints.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I think we need to accept FINALLY that the media are just happy to sell their product to customers and advertisers - just look at the big GAA stories - drool dripping over the Louth-Meath qualifier and Offaly hurlers being locked out of training. Even in the silly season the only think of interest to the sky leaguers is the Ryan Giggs/Footballers (and their brothers) Wives saga.

To boost his profile EZ would be an idiot, and those around him idiots, to put forward a racist claim without some basis. He'd be a virtual untouchable for doing this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Hopefully Zayed gets punished by FAI if/when these allegations go unproven. Also, what his sister posted on twitter about Shams fans was a disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    You'd be living in denial if you were to assume that only six foot something brick ****houses with tattoos on their eyelids were the harbourers of racist and prejudiced attitudes in Ireland. You'll be just as likely to find it a lot closer to home actually, in perfectly ordinary and amiable living rooms across the country.
    Of course. It is also worth remembering that one doesn't have to be a six foot brick ****house in order to kick the crap through someone like me! A 14 year old girl could probably do a pretty effective job!

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    The defensiveness on this thread is ludicrous. Haven't seen too many posters assuming guilt on the part of Rovers and Pats, but there's pretty much a queue forming to baselessly slam Zayed. He's the one actually speaking out and has the most at stake, but people are presuming he simply made it up for attention or to get in the Dublin Super Cup squad or because his sister's the antichrist or something. Jesus wept.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    White Irish Libyan bloke with massive ego is upset that Pats fans are slagging his sister so he uses the race card. He's gonna look like a bigger sap than he already is at the end of this. I'd imagine he'll get a lot of stick from away fans after this...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever View Post
    Hopefully Zayed gets punished by FAI if/when these allegations go unproven. Also, what his sister posted on twitter about Shams fans was a disgrace
    Hibs 4 ever hows he a disgrace. IF a player has been abused raciestly would YOU not come out and talk about it. If a player has raciestly abused another player they are of course going to DENY it as the embarrassement of saying it in the heat of the moment could lead to him being suspended or even sacked from the club. Things are said in the heat of the moment, football is competitive and meant to be just a game. But for people to come on here and say a PLAYER would intentionally come out and try and blame a fellow player for making up that he has been racially abused is a disgrace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Erm Flexy, last time such a situation occurred the player immediately admitted to what he said and apologised. Interestingly it doesn't seem that anyone has overheard what went on this time, whilst there was also a very limited amount of time any confrontation between the two players could have occurred, and to the entire watching crowd nothing of any controversy took place on the field, let alone to the point where something so offesnive "in the heat of the moment" would have been uttered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Erm Flexy, last time such a situation occurred the player immediately admitted to what he said and apologised. Interestingly it doesn't seem that anyone has overheard what went on this time, whilst there was also a very limited amount of time any confrontation between the two players could have occurred, and to the entire watching crowd nothing of any controversy took place on the field, let alone to the point where something so offesnive "in the heat of the moment" would have been uttered.
    It's entirely plausible a player said something out of earshot of everyone else and Zayed simply got on with the game. Could equally accuse the player in question of being savvy enough to ensure he has deniability. Both insinuations are a bit crass at this point IMO.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    I wonder if this was a Shams/Pats player would everyone be so critical of them for making a complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_SRFC View Post
    White Irish Libyan bloke with massive ego is upset that Pats fans are slagging his sister so he uses the race card. He's gonna look like a bigger sap than he already is at the end of this. I'd imagine he'll get a lot of stick from away fans after this...
    Has he not been getting enough stick already? Nothing like trying to get on with your job when others are singing crap about your sisters sex life at you I wasn't there nor know what was supposedly said so I can't jump to conclusions like some of you lot have done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Army View Post
    You obviously never meet the lads who own it. I think one of them bumped into a few Shels fans a few weeks ago which made the national news.
    one guy owned and made that banner - we didnt realise what the symbols meant - he did - he was told to remove it when it was pointed out to us what it represented and he did immediately

I dont think that guy was involved up in Shels though I could be wrong. he certainly wasn't injured in any way

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Mod Note: Removed
    Last edited by MariborKev; 15/06/2011 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My own opinion is that the abuse he got has been taken as being racial abuse. I don't really get how one person was heard by someone on the pitch and not by any other Pats fans or nearby stewards ( from what I know no one heard it ) . If someone had've said something racist I think Pats fans would've reacted to it. We certainly would've in the SEI section of the ground as it's not something we want to be associated with or have Pats associated with in anyway. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    Hibs 4 ever hows he a disgrace. IF a player has been abused raciestly would YOU not come out and talk about it. If a player has raciestly abused another player they are of course going to DENY it as the embarrassement of saying it in the heat of the moment could lead to him being suspended or even sacked from the club. Things are said in the heat of the moment, football is competitive and meant to be just a game. But for people to come on here and say a PLAYER would intentionally come out and try and blame a fellow player for making up that he has been racially abused is a disgrace.

Nice rant, but read my post again, I never called him a disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    The defensiveness on this thread is ludicrous. Haven't seen too many posters assuming guilt on the part of Rovers and Pats, but there's pretty much a queue forming to baselessly slam Zayed. He's the one actually speaking out and has the most at stake, but people are presuming he simply made it up for attention or to get in the Dublin Super Cup squad or because his sister's the antichrist or something. Jesus wept.
    It's probable that the Rovers player made a racist remark. Yes, Zayed is 'speaking out' but this issue should be 'spoken in' - let the league and the clubs deal with it and don't involve the media. Now, who sent this to the media? The ref? The FAI? The LOI is not a racist league - there are announcements before every match in every ground warning fans. I have almost never heard a racist comment from a fan. There is no need to 'speak out' - this bullsh1t in the media projects an unfair, damaging picture of the league.
    Last edited by born2bwild; 15/06/2011 at 12:10 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Feel sorry for Zayed. He's a good bloke - and one of the most articulate players in the league. He won't enjoy this publicity. (Can't quite imagine what specific racial taunt an abusive could actually aim at him...)

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast