Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Investigate Alleged Racist Abuse Of Zayed

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I think the big question about the debate is how do the Pats fans know Zayeds sisters takes it up the arse? Have they any evidence to back up this chant and if so post up the videos to prove it?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    Well, I actually tried to balance what I said: Eamonn is trying to stand up against racists and for that he should be backed up by any decent, right-thinking person.

Still, there is no harm in making a lot of noise right now, during the transfer window.

Conspiracy theory? No. I just think Eamonn is media savvy. He's no fool and good luck to him.

So I blame Eamonn for the blemish on the league? No I don't; racism should not be tolerated but I think that Club-Club rather than Player-Media is the correct route to resolve this.
    What noise has he made? He did exactly as you wanted - went to his club who related the complaints to the FAI. Reporting racism has got nothing to do with media savvy.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Well, I actually tried to balance what I said: Eamonn is trying to stand up against racists and for that he should be backed up by any decent, right-thinking person.

Still, there is no harm in making a lot of noise right now, during the transfer window.

Conspiracy theory? No. I just think Eamonn is media savvy. He's no fool and good luck to him.
    not meaning to pick on you or anything B2BW but i cant reconcile those statements. Youre essentially saying you wouldnt put it past him to have used his ethnicity to tarnish another players reputation so that he furthers his own career during this transfer window. Thats a pretty harsh theory and I dont think it is fair to throw wild speculation out there like that just because he is an anti-racism activist. And youre not the only one to have suggested something along those lines so its not just you.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Army View Post
    I think the big question about the debate is how do the Pats fans know Zayeds sisters takes it up the arse? Have they any evidence to back up this chant and if so post up the videos to prove it?
    they asked her if she ever touched a BMW.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don't for one minute think racism has any place in Loi and it hopefully is only a small minority of Loi fans who make these comments but being a pats fan and at Richmond every game I know for a fact anyone who uses racism is given dogs abuse by other pats fan around them.this goes for all players in the league, racism has no place especially since there is so many other ways to get under opposing players skins, like when zayed has a stinker against us most times or twigg spits out his dummy when being subbed lol. Rant over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Well Zayed is trending on Twitter now so his name is certainly out there
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    What noise has he made? He did exactly as you wanted - went to his club who related the complaints to the FAI. Reporting racism has got nothing to do with media savvy.
    Hmmm...if those were the channels that were used, then, fine; I am probably not doing the fella justice.

I genuinely don't want to criticise someone for standing up against racism. But does it need to be in the media? How did this end up on the six-one news? That's a PR fyck up because it's a bad news story for the league. Someone is making noise about this and I'm wondering who it is and what they have to gain from it.

On the other hand, maybe we do need to talk about racism - I haven't heard much (1 slightly racist comment in the last 70 or so matches I've attended in the last two years - a black player for Salthill devon was called 'Joseph Ndo' by one idiot)

Media savvy has everything to do with racism, people need to know that it is not acceptable. It's just that in this day and age I think most people do actually know this.

The story should not be in the media.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    not meaning to pick on you or anything B2BW but i cant reconcile those statements. Youre essentially saying you wouldnt put it past him to have used his ethnicity to tarnish another players reputation so that he furthers his own career during this transfer window. Thats a pretty harsh theory and I dont think it is fair to throw wild speculation out there like that just because he is an anti-racism activist. And youre not the only one to have suggested something along those lines so its not just you.
    Ethnicity? Well last time I checked Eammo was from Bray.

Yes it does sound harsh when you put it like that 'using his ethnicity to tarnish another player's reputation'. I have no evidence for that and if I implied such a thing then that was not my intention.

Eamonn said he was racially abused. The Shams player denies it. I don't think EZ was 'hearing things' and neither do I think he's trying to stitch someone up to advance his career. Something was said and the matter should have been sorted behind closed doors.

But someone (who?) decided that this was a good time to bring this to the media.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Ethnicity? Well last time I checked Eammo was from Bray.
    Ballinteer....
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I know for an indisputable fact that throughout the game last night no matter how he tried to combat it and rise above it...Zayed was sh!te.

Everything else is up for argument, I s'pose
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Pretty sh!te right enough.

Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

This is a small issue not worthy of the of the massive publicity it will doubtless generate.

I assume there was a camera at the Pats game, aswell as stewards, gardai, etc??

Zayed, I assume has told the relevant people what was alledgedly said, when it was said and where in the ground it came from. Should be fairly open and shut after that.

On the Rovers player issue, it's a little bit more complex as it's most likely just his word against the player in question. But whatever, certainly not nice but not end of days stuff either.

The league has 1000s of problems, in my (admitedly limited to first division and the odd cup game) experience, racism aint one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Pretty sh!te right enough.
    As part of the best team to play in Tallaght in a good long while, yes, very sh!te.
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Maybe I'm missing something but whats this got to do with Louise? She is out of the country at the moment so dont understand how she is being dragged into this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Apparently her twitter/tweetings or whatever the young people are calling it these days:

Not surprised to hear about racial abuse from fans in tallaght stadium last night but from a player is an embarrassment to the league!
    That is enough reason for me
    Last edited by dfx-; 15/06/2011 at 1:52 AM.
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Oh ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Fair play to anyone who would give out to someone making racist remarks. You're better people than I am, I'd be afraid of getting my head kicked in. Anyway, the point of that little ramble was that you can't judge a club's entire support on the failure of the fans to tell a racist where he can cram his misinformed opinions. If there's a six foot something brick ****house with tattoos on his eyelids hurling abuse, I know I'm not going to have the guts to be the first person to stand up and tell him to eff off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    You'd be living in denial if you were to assume that only six foot something brick ****houses with tattoos on their eyelids were the harbourers of racist and prejudiced attitudes in Ireland. You'll be just as likely to find it a lot closer to home actually, in perfectly ordinary and amiable living rooms across the country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Army View Post
    Celtic crosses like I said it wouldn't be classified as racist although some might be it differently. I wouldn't be surprised if they got fined for it that's why I asked. I guess if you ban that kind of stuff then Che banner and all other political banners would have to be banned.
    The Celtic cross isn't a fascist symbol. It has been associated with white power and misappropriated as a neo-Nazi symbol in recent decades, but in an Irish context, surely there'd be no such meaning behind its display. Nor do I really see how an Irish person would view its appearance in this light. Far-right politics don't really have a resonance in Ireland, never mind a presence in Turners Cross.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    The Celtic cross isn't a fascist symbol. It has been associated with white power and misappropriated as a neo-Nazi symbol in recent decades, but in an Irish context, surely there'd be no such meaning behind its display.
    You obviously never meet the lads who own it. I think one of them bumped into a few Shels fans a few weeks ago which made the national news.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast