Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limerick Team of the Season 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Alan barry is by far the best centre forward in Limerick, if not munster and should be on the national team, but your logic that chalkie should step down to give other players a chance is insane, he is as good as Pa Mullins any day of the week, no better no worse but has more experiance, its not his fault he is picked every season and he is good enough and experienced to keep that position until the selectors decide he is not, as for saying he should step down, come on really, silly statement, is Pat mcGarry on the national team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

in fairness i also heard that said player was,dying of the flu,then again must try some of the lemsips he,s using because also heard he managed full game plus ET the following day for his club though i am open to correction on that.would walsh have them caps if he was playing in limerick,only one answer to that ...barry flynn.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    boywonder you referred to saint michaels as ( that crowd ) in tipperary whats that about ?? its saint michaels fault that their players make international squads and limerick lads dont is it ? chris higgins and jimmy carr played in that international trial along with pa mullins and chris got a recall after playing really well jimmy didnt get called back either the same as pa get over it. im not having a pop at pa he is a quality player breen and walsh are established internationals. you keep referring to no limerick lads getting call ups but as already stated the amateur international team excludes anyone that has played semi pro or pro which rules out the vast majority of pikes fai winning team and i would say the same applies to fairview's fai winning team of last year. i dont know the fact's of alan barry's time at michaels therefore will not make a comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Barry Flynn was capped long before he came to limerick and after he returned to portmarnock,fairkop just keeping knocking you're own like you always do,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Guys pa mullins is the best centre half in the country last two years hes has been outstanding, i agree its not hes fault hes been picked but last and this year proved he is gone passed it, he was a great player and a credit to hes club he could have signed for anyone but stayed with st michaels , playing pa mullins right full in the trial was a clear was indication there was a position made for someone else, Alan barry has been banging in goals for fun couldnt get a look in signs for st michaels and gets a cap does make it suspicious, boris, moloney have been outstanding this year and didnt get a look in. There is no point blaming st Michaels it is the selector and the management are responsible for the panel thats picked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Who was Kavanagh with in England?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Who was Kavanagh with in England?
    Blackburn Rovers, then he signed with a non-league team

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    any man who gets 60 odd caps for his country at junior level is a great achievement.whether james walsh has influence or not is another days question.any time ive seen him play with paul breen they have both been very strong. i wouldnt be a bit surprised to see james walsh being an assistant manager or involved in some way in the management team in the ireland junior set up in the future.I do agree with boywonder tho,since the great fairview team of the 90's there hasnt been many limerick lads who have been capped. i think colm enright should of had a ball of caps over the years.as good as any of the centre halves named and never really got a chance.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    have we short memories,both hartnett and hanrahan played in the quandrangulars recently and were,n the likes of m.sheehan and a.barry in the final 25 or so before squad was finalised.the jnr int manager said in the papers that any player who didn,t make it would be capped and that was before barry signed for st.micheals so it didn,t matter who he and the others were with they were getting capped anyway.agree enright a great player who should have won many caps though he was named on a trial squad years back but dont think he played in it.its a pity p.mcgarry did,nt make it this time.did higgins make the squad for portugal?
    Last edited by Fairkop; 16/06/2011 at 7:30 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by republican View Post
    boywonder you referred to saint michaels as ( that crowd ) in tipperary whats that about ?? its saint michaels fault that their players make international squads and limerick lads dont is it ? chris higgins and jimmy carr played in that international trial along with pa mullins and chris got a recall after playing really well jimmy didnt get called back either the same as pa get over it. im not having a pop at pa he is a quality player breen and walsh are established internationals. you keep referring to no limerick lads getting call ups but as already stated the amateur international team excludes anyone that has played semi pro or pro which rules out the vast majority of pikes fai winning team and i would say the same applies to fairview's fai winning team of last year. i dont know the fact's of alan barry's time at michaels therefore will not make a comment.
    pa was told he was in and 2 days later got a call saying he was out again ,that should give you an indication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12