Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Junior Soccer Has Changed Forever........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Could make the clare teams stronger if this happens
    CDSL Cup Champions 2008 / 2009 / 2011 / 2013 / 2014 - CDSL League Champions 2010/11 - - - - - - 2011 /12

members - TBC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    How?You make that out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboywonder8 View Post
    How?You make that out
    The big clubs in clare might attract some of the players if they just want to play every week.
    CDSL Cup Champions 2008 / 2009 / 2011 / 2013 / 2014 - CDSL League Champions 2010/11 - - - - - - 2011 /12

members - TBC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Planners View Post
    The big clubs in clare might attract some of the players if they just want to play every week.
    cant see it happening planners ,, name the last player from limerick who joined the big clubs in clare.. you are fairly limited for big clubs also

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    You're right there old git,plus the big players will be looking for expenses,will yere BIG clubs pay that,also have ye that stupid rule in place,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quite simply the most ridiculous rule the LDMC have passed and I've been at some of their AGM's and have seen first hand the old pals act that it is.

Incuidentally, Pike won the FAI with only 5 ex LOI players in their starting XI; Colbert, Cleary, Harnett, Tierney and Barry. Mullins played Collingwood with UCD I think and thats non LOI. They wont have to trim too much to maintain their standard.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    cant see it happening planners ,, name the last player from limerick who joined the big clubs in clare.. you are fairly limited for big clubs also
    seem to remember whem park rangers were paying players and managers look what happened there! There is no hope for the clare teams so cause they wont pay the players.But back to the new rule its complete madness

members - TBC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Hartnett was regraded years ago,he wouldn't be counted afaik.so was Barry it's bout 10 years since he played,surely to god that doesn't count,if it does their a shower of clowns,aishling now that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Boywonder8.... as i understand it the rule change would class anybody whom has played from u19 up for a senior club as coverd by this rule... i am open too correction
    sick of narcissists.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    Boywonder8.... as i understand it the rule change would class anybody whom has played from u19 up for a senior club as coverd by this rule... i am open too correction
    its "i am open to correction" Leather
    "The theory of football is not just a study of how to win.Equally as important is how not to lose."

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    jesus lads what are the limerick league thinking, ye might as well be giving good players to st michaels because they will seriously benefit from this rule

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Leather the LDMC have a ruling regarding these players that are out of LOI for so many years that they are automatically regraded to the best of my knowledge,now if this new rule counteracts that they are a pure disgrace,I don't know when they are going to clarify this,but the sooner the better for everyone involved,how in the name of god clubs agreed to this is beyond me,some can of worms opened now,does anyone know can the fai overrule this hideous ruling and if so the clubs who didn't vote for it should challenge it the whole,the next delegate meeting will be very very interesting.wonder will AISHLING be there.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuRya View Post
    its "i am open to correction" Leather
    I presume you mean 'it's'?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboywonder8 View Post
    Leather the LDMC have a ruling regarding these players that are out of LOI for so many years that they are automatically regraded to the best of my knowledge,now if this new rule counteracts that they are a pure disgrace,I don't know when they are going to clarify this,but the sooner the better for everyone involved,how in the name of god clubs agreed to this is beyond me,some can of worms opened now,does anyone know can the fai overrule this hideous ruling and if so the clubs who didn't vote for it should challenge it the whole,the next delegate meeting will be very very interesting.wonder will AISHLING be there.
    only pike and regional from the premier opposed it. that says a lot really for what the likes of view, balla, boro, carew pk and aisling think and the potential it has for the coming seasons.
    6 out of roughly 40 clubs voted against. the 2 already mentioned, caherdavin, st pauls and 2 others that i can't think of.
    "The theory of football is not just a study of how to win.Equally as important is how not to lose."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    "As far as I know only Pike, Regional, Boro, Caherdavin, Hyde and St Pauls voted against it" quote from barryk in previous post.
    I was not present at agm but was informed that we did indeed vote againist it as per barry k....
    i think that is the 6 clubs you mentioned...
    sick of narcissists.....

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Does anyone know was there any word at the AGM about the changing of the leagues i.e making less divisions with more teams in each?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Planners View Post
    seem to remember whem park rangers were paying players and managers look what happened there! There is no hope for the clare teams so cause they wont pay the players.But back to the new rule its complete madness
    planners your dealing on rumours again.. but must admit there was plenty of talk of an ex fairview fai winning manager not so long ago at park getting a few bob. but also this year rumours of the current preimer league champions your next door neighbours looking after 1-2 players to get them to sign at start of season. but as you said the new rule in limerick is complete madness cant see it being good for future of limerick soccer.

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think its a good rule but including under 19s is a joke, some young players might opt out of playing LOI in fear they wont be able to play Premier Junior soccer in Limerick.

Its fair to say that clubs payin players and managers in junior soccer is a joke and this rule can stop the richer clubs from buying out all the good players and even it out between all the clubs.

Boywonder whatever your hatred with aisling is i dont know,thier like a lot of other clubs in town who in their right mind can cope with Pikes power, they had a clean sweep of trophies this year.Do you want to see this every year?? I think its true you may just be Pikes number 1 fan.Their new pitch is probably the best pitch around and in the winter months it will be a great place to play a game instead of playing on waterlogged fields and having games called off.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the wombat View Post
    jesus lads what are the limerick league thinking, ye might as well be giving good players to st michaels because they will seriously benefit from this rule
    That won't happen. Doubt if St.Michaels could afford them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Looks like its going to interesting to see what kind of line up Pike and Fairview will have when they meet in the Premier league this season.
    Cant see the rule being changed if that many clubs voted for it and also the fact that its a local rule aswell.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast