Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Junior Soccer Has Changed Forever........

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I agree that this motion was voted in by the majority,but the majority will never have any of these ex LOI players on their forms.they certainly won't be competing for Premier league honors....
    Also the notion that this will make the league more competitive is ridiculous...it will only further weaken the already struggling clubs because the bigger clubs will come looking for the better players from these clubs.
    It could possibly weaken clubs like Fairview and Pike who have brought so much success at national and provincial levels and weaken Limericks challenge in these competitions.....is that what we want to see,the FAI junior cup going anywhere but Limerick!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    What do you mean by above. isn't the rule passed now as is by the required majority and therefore cannot be changed until next years AGM or an extraordinary EGM?
    iyou are probably right to be honest,but in this town if enough people or the right people kick up a fuss you never know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindoctor View Post
    I agree that this motion was voted in by the majority,but the majority will never have any of these ex LOI players on their forms.they certainly won't be competing for Premier league honors....
    Also the notion that this will make the league more competitive is ridiculous...it will only further weaken the already struggling clubs because the bigger clubs will come looking for the better players from these clubs.
    It could possibly weaken clubs like Fairview and Pike who have brought so much success at national and provincial levels and weaken Limericks challenge in these competitions.....is that what we want to see,the FAI junior cup going anywhere but Limerick!!
    didn't the view vote for it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As an outsider, can someone advice if you still only can play five ex LOI players in the FAI Junior Cup? Not including players aged U-21. If these players have played LOI and then go back to LOI they have to wait 5 years before they can play in the FAI Junior Cup. Is this rule still in operation? It all about players’ been regraded correctly.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    What a ridiculous rule this is,as a player playing in the premier league surely the whole point of playing premier is to test yourself against better players ie tierney barry kavanagh etc,if certain players whinge about playing against ex loi players my adivce would be to go and sign for a lower division team,we have the fai champions in our league and now we decided to punish them for their sucess......what if pike say stuff it we will go play munster senior?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    can anyone confirm if this sort of thing is happening in the tipp league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    the rule would not have any effect in tipp league as there are only a handfull of ex loi players in the tsdl
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    can anyone confirm if this sort of thing is happening in the tipp league
    As I said already the TSDL allows just 2 ex LOI players. In the F.A.I. Junior Cup Final St.Michaels had one. Did I read earlier in this thread Pike Rovers had nine ex LOI players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Is shane guerin that 1,because he's ex loi as well,taught jimmy carr was with cork?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    jimmy carr was never with cork, with saints since he was a schoolboy.in my opinion jimmy carr is definatly good enough for league of ireland though. paul tobin, shane guerin and ross cosgrave were the 3 with loi experience in saints squad this season. in 2010 season paul tobin, davey ryan and timmy kiely were the 3 ex loi of ireland players in saints squad so its generally around 3 ex league of ireland players the likes of saints and clonmel town have in there squads.
    never heard of that 2 ex loi players rule in tsdl but i assume the rule only stood for players who are coming straight out of loi not players who are automatically regraded as junior players after few seasons playing junior. If that was the case sure aaron moroney, ian barnes, tony scully and paul scully could never have played in the same team with clonmel town as they all have played loi at some stage in there careers. but they all played together many times as we all know
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passandmove View Post
    What a ridiculous rule this is,as a player playing in the premier league surely the whole point of playing premier is to test yourself against better players ie tierney barry kavanagh etc,if certain players whinge about playing against ex loi players my adivce would be to go and sign for a lower division team,we have the fai champions in our league and now we decided to punish them for their sucess......what if pike say stuff it we will go play munster senior?
    you will get to play against these lads but they may be playing for different teams because of the rule,what is the point of ye wembleygoing up next year playing pike or view or boro or any other team with 7 or 8 ex-loi playing with them, getteing beaten but maybe having given them a good game, you can be sure yer talk after the game would be, ah don't worry about it lads sure tmost of them are ex loi, thats grand in a one off game senario but if that is the game that gets ye relegated i bet you'd have different feelings.And i still go back to the point thatf any team that can field 4 ex loi at any one time will not be a weak team

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboywonder8 View Post
    Is shane guerin that 1,because he's ex loi as well,taught jimmy carr was with cork?
    Sorry, forgot about Shane Guerin. Knew he played for Limerick 'A' team, wasn't sure about LOI side. Paul Tobin was the player I was aware of. In response to Balls, perhaps I should say 2 regraded ex LOI players, as you say, coming straight out of LOI football. I suppose the problem is every league has different rules regarding LOI players. As one can see LDMC and TSDL are different and MJC and FAI different from these two.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It's shameful the way some clubs pursue honours 10 ex LOI players or more come out of the clouds clubs can never compete with that and this is the reason for the rule change granted it's flawed in parts but the main principle of the rule is good. Maybe if Pike or Fairview or who ever is that ambitious they should play munster senior or A championship there is 3 teams from Galway but to inflict these teams on clubs in town with no budget or prospect of bringing in ex LOI players by the dozen is wrong
    Last edited by Begrudger; 14/06/2011 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    and who do the likes of the above test themselves against in the premier league then?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Maybe you are right mulla, but i just think that if this rule does go ahead we will end up driving good players from the league and i dont agree with that.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    My twopence worth... this rule should only include players who have played a senior game for a senior club in the LOI, Fai senior cup, or the EA cup. Cannot understand why U19 and u20 and even A squad players should be included.. this will cause terrible problems for the senior and junior clubs in limerick as young players at 17,18,19 will be asked to choose what grade of football they can play for the rest of their time in football. if you are 17 , are a bit confident, have plenty of abilty and want to try senior football best of luck, but what happens if for a multitude of reasons your are unable to make the grade....???? go back to junior football and be unable to sign with a club that would be able to match your situation because they already have 4 ex senior players......madness.. this will kill junior football as a force nationally....fair play to the clubs for voting it in Turkeys voting for xmas...
    sick of narcissists.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Young lads coming up the ranks with there clubs respectfully,wont have a clue where they stand,if they sign with LOI clubs and dont make the grade then they are in limbo,careers ruined before they start.Plus u are going to have objection after objection after objection.
    one for all and all for one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    100% correct leather,how can u19 or a players be classed as loi players,joke,if a player plays 5 or more loi games with the senior club then fair enough,but the way they have it is a complete joke,could be a very busy year for the fai junior council,can see a lot of clubs challenging this rule,fai rules should stand for all leagues,end of story.they brought in 5 subs not too long ago and look what happened to that,ldmc now that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Maybe you are right mulla, but i just think that if this rule does go ahead we will end up driving good players from the league and i dont agree with that.
    but is it better to have all the good players spread amongst the top 3 or 4 clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    My twopence worth... this rule should only include players who have played a senior game for a senior club in the LOI, Fai senior cup, or the EA cup. Cannot understand why U19 and u20 and even A squad players should be included.. this will cause terrible problems for the senior and junior clubs in limerick as young players at 17,18,19 will be asked to choose what grade of football they can play for the rest of their time in football. if you are 17 , are a bit confident, have plenty of abilty and want to try senior football best of luck, but what happens if for a multitude of reasons your are unable to make the grade....???? go back to junior football and be unable to sign with a club that would be able to match your situation because they already have 4 ex senior players......madness.. this will kill junior football as a force nationally....fair play to the clubs for voting it in Turkeys voting for xmas...
    i fully agree this rule should only apply to guys who have played loi senior team for a full season?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast