Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Weekend Sun 10th - Mon 11th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    P!ssed off after that, great first half. When Pats scored our lads just seemed to give up, heads dropped. AGHHH..

Pats no.7 was impressive imo, only a young lad aswell.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Our game tonight had al ot of comparisons with the one on Friday, On Friday we dominated the first half with then Derry controlling most of the second half and a draw was a fair result, Tonight Dundalk dominated the first half and should have scored, I was delighted to go in 0-0 at half time, The second half we were a lot better, Pressing them better in the middle, Draw probably would have been fair but we took our chances

Up to second, great night
    The diffrence between the two sides was that yee were able to pull two/three quality players from the bench at a crucial time in the match whillst we had no so luxury !! And THAT WAS the difference PS.We just ran out of steam and realy should have been 2/3 nil up at the half-time mark.Our injuries combined with our small squad are catching up with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    P!ssed off after that, great first half. When Pats scored our lads just seemed to give up, heads dropped. AGHHH..

Pats no.7 was impressive imo, only a young lad aswell.
    That would be Lionel Kavanagh, had one of his quieter games tonight

I've seen Dundalk twice this season both games against us and for 60 minutes in both games they have been the best team I have seen this season but tend to lose it after that
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    The diffrence between the two sides was that yee were able to pull two/three quality players from the bench at a crucial time in the match whillst we had no so luxury !! And THAT WAS the difference PS.We just ran out of steam and realy should have been 2/3 nil up at the half-time mark.Our injuries combined with our small squad are catching up with us.
    yep agree with that, Mahon made the right subs at the right times, He has been getting it spot on in recent weeks with his substitutions
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts

New gAME !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Was right accross from that - as professional fouls go that was an important 'interception' as Quigley was on his way! Couple of other big handball shouts first half too. Thoroughly enjoyed the match, great affair served up by both sides which seems to be the norm between Pats and Dundalk these days. Draw would have been a fair result but at least there was a performance last night as opposed to the muck served up on Friday! Both Bennett and Hawkins limped off too. If only to have a couple more players to bring on or get others back fit. Mark Griffen has been superb in Byrnes absence. Murphy at left back is no longer the weak link either so credit to both. Ward and Bolger starting to look worth their wage. I know it sound quite begrudging to have a pop a the ref and linesman first half but honestly the above picture wasnt an isloated claim. MNS next Monday will make for interesting viewing. Cup draw in the Lounge before the match was amsuing - as soon as both Rovers were gone out of the hat Pats fans bailed to leave us Dundalk fans licking lips at an oppertunity to atone for some cup exits against local rivals and non league teams

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He clearly got the ball. Just in a unusual manner. Great game i thought last night how on earth we went in at 0-0 i do not know. Putting Daly on and switching kavo to the wing changed the game for us hawkins wasnt winning every header when daly was on and kavo had the left back in his pocket getting by him numerous times.Seems like dundalk are missing the threat of jason byrne up front

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I know it sound quite begrudging to have a pop a the ref and linesman first half but...
    Ref was abysmal alright. gave so many things the wrong way for both sides. Just before your goal Pats should've had a penalty after a clear push in the back by hawkins on North (I think). dundalk broke, got a corner and went one up. I was fuming until we scored.

We were rampant for last 20 and could've got another couple but for Cherrie (who made by far the best two saves on the night, both from north). Thought the hawkins header at the end was in too
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    In the paper today that O'Connor for Bohs has done some serious damage to his jaw.

50 stitches and a metal plate in his mouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Shams 1-1 Derry. O'Neill and Kenny had to be separated at full time.
    Kenny was annoyed about a decision in the second half and I saw Murray shout something at him. Don't know what went on 2bh. Fantastic delivery for Derry's goal, as good as you'll see anywhere. Very fair result I thought.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaint91 View Post
    Seems like dundalk are missing the threat of jason byrne up front
    Couldnt disagree more, thought the Griffin lad played very very well, linked the play and brought Quigley Kearns and Gaynor into the game on numerous occasions. Think Dundalk were just unlucky not to have a half-time lead, a fair few hacks of the line from Pats players.

On another note, its all good Dundalk fans and more so management saying there screwed because of injuries but to be fair if they spread there budget more evenly and brought in a bigger squad then they wouldnt have these problems. A squad of 18 or 19 or whatever it is, is never going to cut it over a full season. I understand its frustrating but if you look at Pats who had Kenna, McMillan, Murphy and Pender out they still had a squad big enough to have impact substitutions and as people said i think that was the difference last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Before I forget, Great crack in the lilywhites bar before the game, 2 for 1 drinks, 6 pints €12, Great stuff
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    On another note, its all good Dundalk fans and more so management saying there screwed because of injuries but to be fair if they spread there budget more evenly and brought in a bigger squad then they wouldnt have these problems. A squad of 18 or 19 or whatever it is, is never going to cut it over a full season.
    It was always a gamble going with a small squad. However, we have been unlucky to have 5 potential starters sitting in the stand. We don't complain about it just state it as a factor.

Pat's substitutions made the difference. Fresh legs when our walking wounded defenders were tiring. Still, an enjoyable game with football of a pretty good standard from both sides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    Kenny was annoyed about a decision in the second half and I saw Murray shout something at him. Don't know what went on 2bh. Fantastic delivery for Derry's goal, as good as you'll see anywhere. Very fair result I thought.
    It was to do with Pat Sullivan. He got yellow carded for kicking the ball away after a bad decision by the referee against him, and a few minutes later was scythed down in front of the Derry dugout. As he went down he swung his leg around fairly half heartedly, but with no Derry player close to being touched. Knowing some refs in the league it could well have been a second yellow. Kenny went mad at the ref demanding a sending off, came pretty close to walking on to the pitch, well out of his technical area for a good while trying to get the ref to produce a red. MON started shouting across at Kenny, seemingly upset that a rival manager would wave imaginary cards about something like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

16. Thanks From:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456