Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: North Tipp & District League 2011/12

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking North Tipp & District League 2011/12

Just said id start back upthe North Tipp thread.

this is how things worked out this year. Surely they will think aout a oscar traynor team. theres a few reasons to be cheerful. I know the schoolboy section is after developing a huge amount. u12 all-ireland champs. So hopefully North Tipp will continue there recent progress

Nenagh AFC
    Nenagh Celtic
    Blackcastle
    Borrisleigh
    Cloughjordan
    Rearcross
    Moneygall
    Thurles Town
    Clodagh Rangers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    ya serious work being done at school boys level in north tipp over the last few years, the fact that we didnt have an oscar team in years is a joke hopefully this will change soon.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    whats there actually reasoning behing not having one?

Hear mick o gorman is going to pike?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    ya mikey is meant to be of to pike, cost to much money and lack of interest from clubs are there reasons. If they ran it properly there is big interest from both nenagh clubs to play in it, the last oscar traynor squad had 3-4 players from nenagh in it and considering that between both celtic and town we have won the last 11 or 12 leagues that cant be right. Real reason is north tipp are a joke.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Arent borroway in the premier this year and i thought borrisoleigh are gone?

I was at the u12's all ireland final, twas some match. Some serious players for north tipp.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya borroway promoted! they should be competitive enuf! i remember they gave one of the nenagh teams a right game in thurles last year. I think it was an FAI match.

Borrisleigh folded did they?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ya, i heard they signed a few of thurles celtics better players so i wouldnt be suprised if they stead up. But them signings might not be confirmed yet im not sure.
    They would be tough to beat in there own patch i reckon.

Ya, thats how thurles town survived i think.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We only signed one of thurles celtics players and hopefully a few more coming from south tipp.On the oscar traynor team north tipp supposed to be entering a team this year according to the commitee at the AGM tuesday night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    so lads what would be yer team if north tipp are to enter an oscar traynor team?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Following on to earlier comments in this thread re North Tipp Schoolboys, Kennedy Cup story of the week was undoubtedly North Tipp, a shambles up to a few years ago 30th, 29th, 32nd, 32nd etc. and always seeded 32nd. Their u12s won the Cashin Cup last month, 5 of that team were on the pitch last Monday for their 2-0 win v 6th seeds Kerry. Unlucky to lose 2-1 in 1/4 final v eventual winners N Dublin, a match they played without their main playmaker, who's playing again next year. If North Tipp can do this at a time when juvenile hurling there is stronger than ever, then all smaller leagues can do the same. Get them young, 9/10 year olds into futsal academies and give them good habits on and off the fields. Embrace Futsal, Emerging Talent, etc. ideally with a group of young hungry coaches and once you start doing the right thing then results will follow.
    And why can't our junior league do the same and develope a culture of good football played by a well drilled Oscar Traynor North Tipp team?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eeeee

Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    Following on to earlier comments in this thread re North Tipp Schoolboys, Kennedy Cup story of the week was undoubtedly North Tipp, a shambles up to a few years ago 30th, 29th, 32nd, 32nd etc. and always seeded 32nd. Their u12s won the Cashin Cup last month, 5 of that team were on the pitch last Monday for their 2-0 win v 6th seeds Kerry. Unlucky to lose 2-1 in 1/4 final v eventual winners N Dublin, a match they played without their main playmaker, who's playing again next year. If North Tipp can do this at a time when juvenile hurling there is stronger than ever, then all smaller leagues can do the same. Get them young, 9/10 year olds into futsal academies and give them good habits on and off the fields. Embrace Futsal, Emerging Talent, etc. ideally with a group of young hungry coaches and once you start doing the right thing then results will follow.
    And why can't our junior league do the same and develope a culture of good football played by a well drilled Oscar Traynor North Tipp team?

Great post skunk. A little bit of inititative and brains goes along way!..young coaches are the way to go

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    north tipp league is a joke, they wanted d clubs 2 pay for the oscar traynor team and left it to the clubs to vote on it. They have plenty of money in the bank why would they be so negetive i dont know.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would suggest a way around it would be to come up with an alternative funding source, then I would think it would fly through in a vote. It is a pity we don't have one.
    As for that source I dont know really...........

I can see there being an u-18 one though and I have to argree that would be great, give anyone that is good enough an additional chance to get spotted.
    Newtown Celtic FC RIP (1992-2007)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by celticlads View Post
    north tipp league is a joke, they wanted d clubs 2 pay for the oscar traynor team and left it to the clubs to vote on it. They have plenty of money in the bank why would they be so negetive i dont know.
    Thats unbelievable.Sounds like the committee are very lazy.North Tipp have a great schoolboys set up.Great team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    dont think there will be a youths team bawn as the youths league is part of the north tipp junior league. Even the development officer was in favour of an oscar traynor team, as for funds the clubs that voted for it were willing to pay half the money but the league didnt want dat either, the bottom line is that the league has no ambition

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Regarding an u-18 team, I would say there will be one it seems to be the natural progression. When the development officer was asked the question about an u-18 team his body language suggested he was interested in getting involved in it, however his body language regarding a junior team looked like he didnt want to get involved in the politics of trying to pick that team. Just my opinion, we will see how it pans out.

For those that want an Oscar Traynor team though I would say that maybe a bit of canvasing outside of the meeting setting might be a help. It was 12-11 so there isnt much in getting it passed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    yes i agree there will b one in the near future but i meant not this year. I cant understand why a league would not want a team representing them in the oscar traynor comps, it raises the profile of the league and like you said young lads have a better chance of getting spotted. I think the idea of canvasing might be a good idea but surely you would agree with me on the point that the league just arent behind it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by celticlads View Post
    yes i agree there will b one in the near future but i meant not this year. I cant understand why a league would not want a team representing them in the oscar traynor comps, it raises the profile of the league and like you said young lads have a better chance of getting spotted. I think the idea of canvasing might be a good idea but surely you would agree with me on the point that the league just arent behind it.
    Agreed.Very lazy if you ask me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No I agree alright that they are not behind, no denying that.
    I don't know what happened with the last team and Im sure there were problems on both sides.

Regarding canvassing Id say its the way to go alright, maybe gauge who is in favour of it. Then when you want to get it back on the agenda make sure they are all there for the vote! It was fair close the last time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Whats going on at Nenagh Celtic . Will they have a team this year.. Hearing alot of rumours ..

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast