Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: North Tipp & District League 2011/12

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by panda87 View Post
    That would have been a great win for borroway, who is that foggy chap playing for thurles? handy player, did he play with peak villa or someone before?
    Ya he played for peake villa and saint micheals.quality player by any standards and ran the show for thurles town against borroway.2 well taken goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    In fairness the refs job isn't easy but some of the decisions do make you wonder! We like to think it all evens itself out in the end but we've had a few harsh ones this season alright!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Scouter had a one on one that he put over, Mark missed a good chance from a couple of yards aidan made good saves from Archie and Kelly plus the 2 you mentioned above, heffo's header was always going away from goals good effort though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Nenagh A.F.C 5 Blackcastle 1
    A good win for us keeping us top of the league, we were 2 up at half time with goals coming from Mikey Hogan and Cliff Moloney. We added 3 more in second half with Mikey Hogan getting another, Archie Mitchell and Mousey. Castle scored a late goal. A decent performance on the day.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    ya forgot about scouters miss, mark wouldnt of score if there was empty goal because hes no bottle and is it not d keepers job to make saves, my point was that the game was very even overall and not the almighty hammering that was supposed to happen and before you get on your high horse that came from one of your players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    form often goes out the window in a derby, it's the same when A teams meet B teams in the tipp cup, A team goes out expecting a big win and it doesn't normally materialise.. we've met our B's twice in the last five years and only managed a couple of narrow wins, and I can remember two cases a few years back in the tipp cup when clough B's beat their A's, and nenagh town B's beat their A's aswel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Oh ya just lookin at earlier posts here about an oscar traynor team, its a disgrace that north tipp board won't support it, putting it to a vote amongst all the clubs in all the divisions is a terrible way to decide, when obviously most clubs aren't going to have a representative on the team so why would they bother to support it.. I know Sallypark voted in favour of it even though we'd hardly have a too many players capable of making the squad, but you cant blame teams who's players would have no chance of making it for voting against putting money into it!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by panda87 View Post
    when clough B's beat their A's,
    Oh dont remind me of that !! Hard to take the slagging afterwards.. !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    ya totally agree about the oscar traynor squad, the league should be ashamed asking clubs to fund it they have no ambition at all to raise the profile of north tipp league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Cloughjordan 1-2 Sallypark

Town, celtic, blackcastle and clough have been the top four teams in north tipp since sallypark was formed in 2001, so to finally beat one of them today probably ranks as our best ever result..
    I know that might sound small minded or unambitious but for a small club like ours, trying to stay up and be comfortable in the premier division has to start somewhere..
    On the game itself, a poor enough affair, pitch was sticky- we could have done with a shower of rain on it just so both teams could get the ball moving around a bit better. We had pretty much a full squad, only short one starter, but clough were missing a few i think with the football final on today aswell.
    Clough went one up with a great 25yard strike, and we equalised in the second half with probably a better strike. We got a lucky enough goal to win it but at the end of the day its the 3 points that count and at least we're starting to learn how to grind out results even when we're not playing well

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    great wins for sallypark and borroway today, thurles played us off the park today we were 2-1 up at half time but in truth could have been 5-2 down, it finished up 6-3 and in fairness i think that scoreline flattered us it was by far our worst performance of the year sticky made a couple of good saves and was the only celtic player to come out of the game with any credit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    @ celticlads
    It's very tight now in the middle of the table, although i know yourselves and blackcastle have games in hand. Ignoring the game in hand for a minute though, there's 3 points separating 5 teams..
    Nenagh and thurles i think are well ahead of everyone else this season at least, but do you foresee one major relegation battle at the other end or how do you see things panning out?
    Very easy to write off moneygall and rearcross at the minute but theres alot of games yet to be played, and we learned the hard way that you're not safe until you're safe!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I hear thurles town are playin nenagh town nxt week.should be good.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Jesus thats fair childish to come on this and slag off another teams player, especially after the years of service he gave to ye're club, as for another player saying we'll hammer ye is just foolish Nenagh derbys are never like that allthough must admit it was sweeter wining it in the last minute of extra time than if we had to win well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    ya very tight at the moment but i think one more team will get dragged into the relegation battle with moneygall and rearcross and the rest will be fine, i think we'll pick up enough points at home 2 keep us up there, also think town will win the league by about 10/12 points

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    where did you get that fixture

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    word of mouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    [QUOTE=celticlads;1549768] i think one more team will get dragged into the relegation battle with moneygall and rearcross

Well i'm sure it won't be yourselves anyway, but hopefully it isn't us either!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    having played both nenagh and thurles, i'd have to back nenagh to win that game if it's on, better all round team at the minute.. That foggy fogarty fella for thurles is the best player in the league this season though, it's a pity we didn't get to see him up against mikey o'gorman centre mid!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    dont know panda after our display yesterday we could be dragged into it but like i said we should just about pick up enough points to stay out of it

pride of nenagh you no nothing about what went on at our club at the start of the season and i have no intention of letting you know either, lets just put it this way i have my reasons and its not just slagging a lad off its the truth you see for yourself as time goes by, look the last thing i want is to get into a slagging match between town and celtic on this forum lets leave that to the idiots on facebook

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast