Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: What now for O'Shea?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What now for O'Shea?

OK so O'Shea had a great first season and a disappointing second season ( as did the entire ManU team ). He was canonized as a great Irish player in the mould of Roy Keane and Paul McGrath on his performances in his first season.

But now who believes he will or can ever play center-half again for club or country?

And at ManU he is going to have more competition for the left-back spot this season than last with Silvestre probably first choice, Heinze can also play on the left. Should he go out on loan, look for a new club? Can he really play midfield?

Is John O'Shea not the most over-rated Irish player in the past 10 years and if so how did everyone get it so wrong?

I think the expectations were too high, if O'Shea had been at any other club there wouldn't have half as much hype and he would have been able to make mistakes without so much scrutiny.

Next season is crunch time for O'Shea, will he sink or swim?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think you're over analysing a bit first, but for O'Shea, he's not a left back and that wont be his position long term, as Fergusson has said, so I think next season he'll probably be tried in different positions along the season and will hopefully nail one down.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    I think you're over analysing a bit first, but for O'Shea, he's not a left back and that wont be his position long term, as Fergusson has said, so I think next season he'll probably be tried in different positions along the season and will hopefully nail one down.
    i think if O'Shea is moved to his usual position he would get used to it and present a strong backline when he gaines experience

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think we need to get things in perspective. O'shea is only 22 and playing regularly for one of the best teams in Europe. O'shea didn't have that poor a season last year. After a shaky start he was one of the more solid performers in a very leaky Man U defense. He didn't emulate his first season but that is no reason to write him off. Absolutely no call to write him off as the most over-rated Irish player in the past 10 years. He'll come good. He's still very young.

brine2
    Is John O'Shea not the most over-rated Irish player in the past 10 years
    No, that's Ian Harte.

But seriously, O'Shea is only overrated if you've been expecting him to move mountains. I think he's coming along very nicely.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Crazy to write off O'Shea like that. He will become a top class centre back, which I think is his strongest position, for Man U or some other club, either way he has all it takes to be a great player in that position.