Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Second win over the Champions.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Foot.ie! Second win over the Champions.

Last night we saw a super performance from Bray and they fully deserved the win.Both sets of fans were great, no hassle and thats as it should be.Pity about the injuries Bray picked up towards the end of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quite a comfortable win as well. 1st half we dominated things and should have been at least 2 up with Doyle and Kelly, 2 terrible misses. Rovers offered pretty much nothing in the opening half, they were muck.

2nd half they came out a "bit" more up for it but we gave as good as we got, chances at both ends but we never really looked in any trouble or like we were going to conceed, pretty much like in the match in Tallaght earlier in the season.

We fully deserved to win and its super that we are still in mix and only 3 points off the top.

The injuries at the end of the game were a real sour point, Looked like Kelly's hamstring just snapped, he was in a lot of pain, prob missing for 6-8 weeks if its as bad as he went on. Dempsey was limping quite badly coming off so could be a week or 2 out with that and Shields looked very dazed after craching into the hoardings.

Edit - I thought the ref was poor enough, made a lot of silly and really poor decisions for both sides, but in particular against Rovers

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    If we can stay within 3-5 points come September i wouldn't bet against Devo winning his first LOI!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    If we can stay within 3-5 points come September i wouldn't bet against Devo winning his first LOI!
    Were nearly half way through are are still well in the mix. If our experience players can stay injury free and maybe add one or two during the transfer window we will give ourselves every chance going into the last 7-8 games but there is a long way to go yet.

EDIT - Just reading the match report from ExtraTime.ie. "Jake Kelly's third goal of the season was enough for Wanderers as they held firm to deny Rovers who controlled the game for long periods" What game was Finbar watching? They were MUCK for 60 minutes, Bray dominated up until then. Rovers stepped it up slightly but to say they dominated for long periods is factually very wrong.
    Last edited by Roo69; 27/05/2011 at 5:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    If our experience players can stay injury free and maybe add one or two during the transfer window we will give ourselves every chance.
    I think a lot hinges on whether or not we hold on to Gary Dempsey...
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    I think a lot hinges on whether or not we hold on to Gary Dempsey...

I see that dundee have signed up wilo flood from the boro for there mid field, hopefully thats all they can afford....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    What game was Finbar watching? They were MUCK for 60 minutes, Bray dominated up until then. Rovers stepped it up slightly but to say they dominated for long periods is factually very wrong.
    That was MY interpretation of the game based on the fact that Rovers were holding onto the ball for long periods of time.

Please Roo, if you have the possession stats, feel free to send them onto me and I can put that into my future reports. If you don't, I'm going to rely on what I saw and not what someone tells me they saw.
    Last edited by superfrank; 29/05/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    That was MY interpretation of the game based on the fact that Rovers were holding onto the ball for long periods of time.

Please Roo, if you have the possession stats, feel free to send them onto me and I can put that into my future reports. If you don't, I'm going to rely on what I saw and not what someone tells me they saw.
    What i can't understand is how that was your interpretation of the game. Just because a team has a bit more of the ball does not mean "Rovers controlled the game for long periods". To be me having control of a game of football is exactly what Barca did to United last night, are you telling me Rovers did that to Bray or even got close to it?

I'm not going to pretend i know that stats and possession % of the game, but i know what i saw last Thursday night and i know that Rovers never controlled the game for long periods of time, i would think anyone who was at the game (bar you obviously) would agree that Rovers never controlled the game for long periods.

I'm not having ago at your writing, i just do not agree with it at all and think you are factually wrong in your report.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    After we scored, who had the ball (more or less) for the rest of the game? Is 25-30 minutes not a long period of the game?

After half-time, they were much better and they controlled the game, even Devo said this in his post-match interview. When we scored, it was against the run of play, not to mention what happened after we scored. To me, that's a long period of the game for them to be on top or in control, however you want to phrase it.

What does "factually wrong" mean? If you don't have facts to back up your impression of the game, how are you "factually correct"?

To me, this is a simple case of us having different impressions/interpretations of the game. It happens all the time. What riles me is that you are coming on here and posting as if you have the ultimate truth and that by saying something else, I am wrong.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    In Fairness Finbarr i spoke to 3 different Loyal Bray fans after the game and ALL 3 said Bray deserved the win and had control of proceedings for periods. Never once did i hear 'Rovers controlled the game for long periods'!
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    After we scored, who had the ball (more or less) for the rest of the game? Is 25-30 minutes not a long period of the game?

After half-time, they were much better and they controlled the game, even Devo said this in his post-match interview. When we scored, it was against the run of play, not to mention what happened after we scored. To me, that's a long period of the game for them to be on top or in control, however you want to phrase it.

What does "factually wrong" mean? If you don't have facts to back up your impression of the game, how are you "factually correct"?

To me, this is a simple case of us having different impressions/interpretations of the game. It happens all the time. What riles me is that you are coming on here and posting as if you have the ultimate truth and that by saying something else, I am wrong.
    Jesus Fin bar, i don't agree with you match report, big deal, get over it. No need to get annoyed over it, Journalism is a big boys game.

As i said, i know what i saw and in my mind and anyone else i have spoke to about the match, both Bray and Rovers fans, agree that Rovers did not dominate the game for long periods.

Wanderers scored on 64 minutes and up until were by far the better side and created several good goal scoring chances during that 64 minutes, Rovers never once looked like scoring during that period. 64 minutes is not far off being pretty much 2/3ds of the game so how you can say that Rovers controlled the game for long periods is beyond me. They might have put a bit of pressure on us towards the end and started lumping the ball forward but i completely disagree with you saying that Rovers dominated for long periods of the game, i think you are wrong by saying that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I agree wholeheartadly with your last comment.