Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week ending 27/05/11( Now with added Thursday!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    And he's not wrong. Everyone from the 18-yard line in the ground knew that ball was out of play, including the linesman who I had the same angle and he was looking at it. You'd have to be a f*cking dope to not have seen it..
    No matter what the decision is, scream that at a ref like that and you deserve and will get booked.

Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    Buttimer will probably get away with it again because the standard is so poor anyway and his performance didn't materially affect the result like a penalty decision or red card or a ghost goal.
    Fully agreed, they were all poor decision in the middle of the park, nothing game changing what so ever, Rovers never looked like scoring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    It was a cracking football match in Oriel Park last night with both teams looking to play good football despite the high winds.

There were many star performers for Dundalk last night - while Colin Hawkins won the Setanta MOTM, the local journos gave the award to Mark Griffen. Yet another teenager, among many in the Dundalk squad, Griffen scored twice against UCD in his full league debut last week and was magnificant again last night causing the Derry defence all sorts of problems with his movement, speed and touch.

Despite the incredible injury list that Dundalk have endured over the last couple of months the league results have been really impressive and go into the match in Sligo on Monday on the back of an 8 match unbeaten run in the league.

Since the last defeat away to Derry in early April, Dundalk have been the form team with 5 wins and 3 draws with only 3 goals conceded. For a team that was leaking goals in the early part of the season, this has been a tremendous turnaround with 4 consecutive clean sheets.

Its hard to imagine that the injuries, suspensions and knocks will not eventually impact on results, particularly with such a small and young squad. But they are well capable of chalking up a 4th away win on the spin in Sligo on Monday night. With Sligo also interested in playing good football it should be a good night to be in the Showgrounds.
    Interesting match in Oriel. Derry went out set up for a draw and when they went a goal down they didn't adjust that set up. Dundalk were playing 4-3-3 and Derry 4-5-1, Derry were obviously setting up to neutralise Kearns and Quigley but it didn't work because after going a goal down and staying set up like that what was cautious became defeatist. Zayed was a big problem for them too. Kept complaining and whinging at team mates and the officials. I got the sense that his attitude was spreading throughout the team. I've seen Dundalk five times this season and last night was the best I've seen them. (And no Jayo, either!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post

Purcell is outstanding and by far the best centre back in the First Division. Now that he is in probably his best physical fitness I've ever seen him in he would definitely walk into most Premier teams.

I saw Purcell against Monaghan a few weeks back. Great player. Better than Paisley for Shels? Who knows? Maybe they could have fistfight to settle it?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    I saw Purcell against Monaghan a few weeks back. Great player. Better than Paisley for Shels? Who knows? Maybe they could have fistfight to settle it?
    Paisley is a very good defender but since Purcell has gotten fit I think he just shades him. Purcell has got an extra yard of pace that he didn't have in previous seasons and has been very commanding at the back.

When Shels some down in a few weeks they can have a fist fight at half time in the middle of the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Paisley is a very good defender but since Purcell has gotten fit I think he just shades him. Purcell has got an extra yard of pace that he didn't have in previous seasons and has been very commanding at the back.

When Shels some down in a few weeks they can have a fist fight at half time in the middle of the pitch.
    Hmmm...could be lengthened to a one-hour half time. Chicken and dog fighting as support bouts. Serious money to be made there. If every club in the league put that into practice all the LOI's money troubles would disappear. Would have saved Fingal too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Paisley is a very good defender but since Purcell has gotten fit I think he just shades him. .
    Purcell was at Waterford when they threw away a fai cup final in last 5mins. He has refused any Dublin clubs when they come calling for some reason. Class player!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Picked up on that aswell. Was waiting on you to comment!
    Uh oh... I have a reputation.

Cripes!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123